How Is The Regen ONLY World In FM11?

I'm looking into making FM a more challenging experience by starting a new game with regen 'fake' players only; their attributes and ability assessments masked. Trouble is the last time I attempted a regen only world with FM08, the AI's squad management decisions with fake players was even more questionable than what was observed with real players. Any input from regen only players (or from those who tried) would be appreciated as I ponder heading into the blind.

Too easy to buy good players for nothing. There are tons of young (16 years old) players with 2-3 stars CA and 4 1/2-5 stars PA available for nothing (especially France) due to being listed and on month to month contracts.

Some of the nationalities come out really weird. I often see top-rated players for the Gambia from the start, and you can find players with same first and second nationalities as well. Some players will always be replicated too, e.g. there is always a Rooney at Utd (with a different name), and Trapatoni is always managing Ireland (again different name).

It is very interesting though as you don't know all the best players.

I personally enjoy it for the fun of not knowing who anyone is. I find that it makes it that bit more challenging in that one way, but as others have said - you can pick up some really good players cheap and the AI isnt exactly great at building squads now is it. But it's worth a shot to see if you enjoy it. Mask all the attributes too, though, to give it even more of a challenge.

Archived