6th game syndrome

OK, bought FM08 fairly recently and have started a few games, now with Liverpool, and every time I have encountered this sixth game syndrome. If I win 5games in a row, I will then always lose the 6th. I dont know whether this is just me, or whether it is a glitch.

I have patch8.0.2 installed, and it has happened with Villa, Leeds and twice with Liverpool.

Has anyone else encountered this?

OK, bought FM08 fairly recently and have started a few games, now with Liverpool, and every time I have encountered this sixth game syndrome. If I win 5games in a row, I will then always lose the 6th. I dont know whether this is just me, or whether it is a glitch.

I have patch8.0.2 installed, and it has happened with Villa, Leeds and twice with Liverpool.

Has anyone else encountered this?

I shrugged off the streaks in the Villa game cos I was expecting to lose sometime anyway, ditto with Leeds, but with pool I lost to Newcastle 1-0, when in all the previous games, Torres had something like 11goals in 5 games! and lost to Portsmouth 2-0, again, Torres(after a mini-slump)had scored in th last few games, was useless gainst them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Midge:

Nope never encountered this. Although usually when I am about to break a winning streak record I am always away to either my fellow title challengers or away in the Champs league against a team like Inter icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, 4 out of 6 seasons at Bayern I was 14 games won in a row (record was 15) and every year the 15th game was agaisnt VFB Stuttgart or a strong CL team. I lost every time and never broke the record icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Some guy....:

137 games undefeated (in the league)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this just a plain old bragging post or did you get a message re: the actual thread topic?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Some guy....:

137 games undefeated (in the league)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet you had to do alot of reloading icon_razz.gif

I don't know about any 6th game syndrome. However, there is another more apparent pattern occurring. I call it the "Don't win big just before an important match" Syndrome. If you take a big victory (5 goals or more) just before a must-win game, your team will simply struggle to score. I've found that it's actually much better to lose the last game leading up to a cup final than to win big.

It was exactly the same starting 11 each match for all 6 the first time with Liverpool:

Reina

Finnan, Carra, Agger, Riise;

Mascherano;

Defour, Gerrard;

Menez, Babel;

Torres.

The same with the 2nd lot, but with Alonso instead of Defour and no Babel for a couple of the matches I won, think the starting 11 when I lost was the same both times.

Archived