General Questions from a Beginner

One thing that always puts me off FM is the graphics and presentation. I have 09 and 10 and I have always found the layout very cluttered and confusing and it has stopped me playing it. And on the graphics front id like the match graphics to be better. Although getting it to a stage where it looks similar to TV is still a long way off.

Questions:

1. Is there any good skins that look good and look more attractive?

2. Does the match graphics prove every year and when could they become

similar to TV?

3. Any tips for someone who is having trouble navigating the game?

4. Will the game ever have built in club badge, competition badge graphics and player pictures for everything in the game? That's the other thing I dislike about the game.

1 - There are tons of skins in the skinning hideout.

2 - I dont think the graphics will ever come close to TV, not for a good few years yet.

3 - Spend a few hours just exploring the game, its the only way really to get to grips with it all.

4 - Only if the clubs and leagues are fully licensed, unfortunately that doesnt look like happening any time soon, but you can download various packs off the net.

One thing that always puts me off FM is the graphics and presentation. I have 09 and 10 and I have always found the layout very cluttered and confusing and it has stopped me playing it. And on the graphics front id like the match graphics to be better. Although getting it to a stage where it looks similar to TV is still a long way off.

Questions:

1. Is there any good skins that look good and look more attractive?

2. Does the match graphics prove every year and when could they become

similar to TV?

3. Any tips for someone who is having trouble navigating the game?

4. Will the game ever have built in club badge, competition badge graphics and player pictures for everything in the game? That's the other thing I dislike about the game.

1) There are, but apart from knowing about Flex I can't push you anywhere. I'm happy with the base (usually with slight tweaks).

2) Yes they do, and they won't be like TV for a long time, for this is among the ever decreasing minority of games that think substance is better than polish.

3) Take your time. Play a game you've no intention of continuing and mess around with that.

4) When Konami/EA give up their image rights (that's a problem with capitalism it hate's competition). But you can always look for outside graphics packs, the modding community is very large both here and on other sites like FMBase and Sortitoutsi.

1. As others have suggested, Skinning Hideout.

2. They improve, but not by leaps and bounds. I don't personally consider even FIFA/PES to be "similar to TV", so that's definitely some ways off.

3. Consider that most things are hierarchical. Team stats for Tottenham are on a tab on the Tottenham team view, which is under English Premier Division, which is under England, which is under Europe. Take some time to simply look around.

4. As others have commented, it's unfortunately a licensing issue. Other companies hold exclusive licenses for some leagues/teams thus prohibiting SI from including logos, kits, etc. for those.

Archived