Football Manager has become too complex

Hi'

I have been playing Football Manager games for about 20 years now. My first game was 'Bundesliga Manager' from Software 2000.. A german game.

That game was very basic, me and my freinds sometimes played it from 4PM until 8AM next morning.. We had a great time.

Since then a lot have happend. CM came along and took over. CM Italy was really fun, and when CM came in a scandinavian version I was totally hooked again.

CM then became FM. Still making great games but they became more and more complex. In the beginning you just had to set up your team and play the game. It was fun, but after some time you missed more stuff in the game.

Today the game has alot of stuff I would never use. It's fine with me that it is in the game, but it should not be something that will make my team/game suck, just because I don't want to use it. Like interviews, training etc.

Idea to make it not so complex could be:

Instead of direct questions it would be less complex if I just should click a box after game (React angry), (Be polit), (no comment), and so on.

Training: Why do I hire coaches... Well to train the players, right? I want to talk to them, not the players. I want to be able to say (Focus on defense), (Fokus on getting them in shape), (Fokus on conners) and so on. Not any slide bars or have to drag and drop players. Waste of my time.

I think it is time SiGames makes the games smarter. Not more complex. No more features (We have enough). Make it easier to be a Manager.

We have staff so that we don't have to take care of everything.

Just a little what I'm thinking of and hoping to happen in the furture. Make it more simple SI, plz...

Thx.

I'm the other way. I want it to be complex and involved.

FIFA Manager has the simple side of football management sewn up, with fancy graphics to boot. FM caters for those who love to micro-manage their team to success.

Okay. Then it's my time to finnaly quit playing Manager games. I'm not going to play FIFA...

Moderators, feel free to delete my account.

SiGames: Thx for making some awesomes games in many years. The FM-series has become way too complex for me.

Keep up the good work for the gamers who love the new FM-series. The rest of us will have to find some thing else to do.. No problem. :)

Bye bye

There are many ways in game to make the game as simple or as complex as you wish, hence why it appeals to a wide range of players. If you don't want to use them and walk away ftrom the game, that is your choice. There is no need to delete your forum account- you can be inactive for as long as you want to be.

Because apparently I spoke for the whole forum when I said I enjoyed complexity :/

I think it's unlikely that SI will take out a lot of the features that add decision making and need user-input, but you can delegate an increasing number of them to the assistant (team talks, press conf., match prep., etc.)

Fm can be as simple or complex. Just because the features are there doesn't mean you can't be successful.

I've done games where I haven't done schedules, send assistant to every press conference automatically, never speak to my players etc...and been successful, while I've also done games where I've made the most of every feature available on FM. It's how you want to play it.

On training: Training is still miles away from being really intuitive... Just as the tactics wizard essentially hid sliders for tactics (but left them under the bonnet for tinkering), it's possible we'll need a more human-friendly interface to hide sliders for training, but leave them available for tinkering should it be required.

For example: How would Ferguson or Wenger develop a great attacking midfielder? Tinker with some sliders? No - there are areas they'd ask him to look at, and the coaches would understand what needs to be done. Wenger might outline a vision where Denílson becomes an incredible attacking midfield who (shock horror) tracks back - the coaches would then know what needs to be done (and watch as he gets overtaken by referees in matches). In-game, however, the sliders would correspond to what needs to be done to envisage that vision, and the coaches would provide feedback on how he is doing and suggestions for tinkering.

Archived