I have just had....

my transfer budget which i had managed to sit on at 60 million in order to try and improve the club's finances reduced to £600,000. I wouldn't mind if this money had been reinvested in the club, however it seems to have literally dissapeared. Anyone who has had this happend before got any ideas where it has gone? Or anyone else for that matter.

Just because your transfer budget is £60m it doesn't mean you have that amount in your finances. Your transfer budget is only a budget. It's what the board have allowed you to spend or will allow you to spend without hopefully giving the club financial problems. If you had of spent that money the board would expect some serious return by maybe getting in to Europe so that they could recoup some of that money through the European Cup/Campaign and final league position. Have a look at you finances page as your finances may not be that good. That's why they may have reduced it.

my transfer budget which i had managed to sit on at 60 million in order to try and improve the club's finances reduced to £600,000. I wouldn't mind if this money had been reinvested in the club, however it seems to have literally dissapeared. Anyone who has had this happend before got any ideas where it has gone? Or anyone else for that matter.

The transfer budget is the amount of money the club allows you to have out of the money in the bank. There aren't two different funds.

The transfer budget is the amount of money the club allows you to have out of the money in the bank. There aren't two different funds.

And yes, this is what i had thought too. Granted my finances weren't that great, hence me sitting on the money which would hopwfully be added to the finances at the end of the year and boost them. However this money has simply vanished, literally wisped into thin air.

And yes, this is what i had thought too. Granted my finances werent that great, hence me sitting on the money which would heopfully be added to the finances at the end of the year and boost them.

I don't think you quite grasp what the budget actually is.

Your bank balance is the actual money your club has whilst the budget allocated by the board is simply a number that your board will allow you to spend. When you actually spend it it is taken from your bank account.

At no point is your budget extra money on top of your bank balance.

And yes, this is what i had thought too. Granted my finances weren't that great, hence me sitting on the money which would hopwfully be added to the finances at the end of the year and boost them. However this money has simply vanished, literally wisped into thin air.

If your budget is great but your finances aren't, the club isn't going to improve it's finances through the budget. It's the other way round. Your budget could increase if your finances were good. As they aren't, the board have taken it away so that you can't spend it and possibly put the club into financial problems.

This happened to me at Aston Villa. I had £20 million to spend (not as high as the £60 million you have obviously) and the board reduced it to £500,000.

They made up for it in the summer though-gave me a budget of £45 million :)

Archived