Sub mistake pays off!

I have a similar-but-completely-different story :) Players being where they should not be.

My Peterborough are losing to Reading 2-1.

With 10 mins to go, AI Reading manager decides the best way to hold on to this result (having made all his subs) is to put the GK (number 1) on the left-wing, and the right-back (number 2) in goal.

Did not work. 3-2 to Peterborough. No surprise there.

One time in a meaningless cup qualifying match at Roma I accidentally started a below average midfielder at keeper (same last name). The pundit said I was crazy for doing it; my mistake was unbeknownst to me. It was only in the 59th minute when I went to make subs that I realized it.

I got chastised in the media and the player came to me upset about his position. He requested transfer the next day.

One time in a meaningless cup qualifying match at Roma I accidentally started a below average midfielder at keeper (same last name). The pundit said I was crazy for doing it; my mistake was unbeknownst to me. It was only in the 59th minute when I went to make subs that I realized it.

I got chastised in the media and the player came to me upset about his position. He requested transfer the next day.

Ahaha imagine if a manager did this IRL......oops i got the names mixed up

Well this was on FIFA '11 Manager Mode.

I foolishly did not bring my backup goalkeeper with me into a Champion's League semi-final clash v. Arsenal.

Buffon gets sent off. I need a backup. I send in Felipe Melo to take the penalty. If Van Persie scores, Juventus are eliminated.

RvP puts it top corner, MASSIVE SAVE BY FELIPE MELO !

I won against Barca in the finals too !

:D

I put a 6'6 regen keeper as my Target man in a match because all of my strikers were injured. He was my backup keeper. He scored a hat-trick, all headed goals. Still complained that he was played out of position. Must also mention this was in BSP.

lol keep 'em coming :thup:

My friend once put his gk's as strikers in premier manager back in the early 2000's. Reckoned the best way to learn how to save a goal was to score a goal. Didn't realy work out for him unfortunatly.

You never say it was an accident always claim you meant to do it and take the plaudits! ;) that's a pretty funny story. i've only ever done similair things then realised 20 minutes later. i was playing as man city was 4-0 up at half time in a league game in some stupid year like 2025 and the oposition had 0 shots on goal. by the 65th minute it was 4-3 and they had had 10 shots on goal i realised i had my back up keeper in center back and my first choice keeper at right back with my right back in goal. when i was moving players at that time my computer had some serious lag and i just didn't notice it changed what i did!

Archived