Football Manager 11 - Worst FM Game

Football Manager 11 in my Opinion is the Worst FM Game to be made.

The Shots on goal/Target, Injury's, Crash Dumps, Bugs and Bookings are joke. You will get either a Red Card or a Long Term Injury or a Last Minute Goal every game.

For example 1 game i played in one of my old FM 11 saves. Despite having about 21 shots on Goal/Target i Scored 3 goals with Hibs against Inverness. 10 mins to go they score 4 goals to win the match. I had over 80% ball Possession the entire game. In real life that wouldn't happen.

The amount of Injury's is a joke. I had all of my top 5 players out injured for over 6 months. I have looked on other Football Manager Forums and people have posted put the training schedule to low and give your players a few days rest after matches. For Example in other save i playled this year. I rested the squad for a few days from training to prepare themeselves for the next match. Then my only RB in the squad gets injured for about 1 year while he is resting. :confused:

The amount of crash dumps i have had this year is a joke. I have playing the game since Championship Manager Days. I never used to get Crash Dumps. FM 09 i had about 1 crash dumps. FM 10 i had about 5 crash dumps. When is first got FM 11 on release day. I got a crash dump within 2 weeks. I haven't had a crash dump since March. So it's be working for me since then.

1 more thing that annoy's me is the release of late Patches. The Patch came out on 8 March 2011. That is Ridiculous. Fifa 11 update was out on 23rd February. Sports Interactive should be getting the Januray patch out earlier rather than have it come out nearly Mid-March. The patches are getting released later and later every year. Instead of adding new exciting features every year. They should be fixing bugs/crash dumps every year to make the game Bug Free/crash dump free. Why bring out a patch on release day if the game is it's not ready.

Sports Interactive do a fantastic job every year making this game. But they need sort some stuff before releasing the game.

I think this has been the best fm since 2008, for me the injuries have been completely realistic, theres alot more decent regens which there never used to be and if you think losing when having a far superior shots on target ratio wouldn't happen in real life try supporting grimsby town.

It's weird reading about frequent crashes, considering that the game crashed maybe once on me at most, and I bought it on release, have been playing 8 or 9 days of real-time according to the clock and played it on two completely different setups as I upgraded my older AMD X2 Windows XP machine to a newer Intel Core i3 Windows 7 one in between - new graphics card included. The game is so stable on my setup that I never really bother with frequent auto-saving in fears of losing data. And that used to be the same long before March already. Maybe there are issues with other setups, but to minimize issues with any software it's advisable to always keep your drivers and operating systems up to date (service packs, video card drivers, mainboard chipset drivers, sound drivers, etc.) and to keep the operating system clean off the dump that eventually will be creeping in the longer ago the installation of the operating system dates back.

I have noticed people moaning about crash dumps no end on this version, I can 100% say however I have never had one, on any version for that matter. So leads me to ask am I just lucky? (if so I wish I was more lucky on the lottery), or is it in fact a problem with peoples PCs?

If a game frustrated me that much I wouldn't play it anymore, but I can say I don't get any of the problems from the OP. Never crashed the game, get the odd quirky result, but very infrequently, don't have many injury problems. Get better strikers if you can't hit the target.

I have noticed people moaning about crash dumps no end on this version, I can 100% say however I have never had one, on any version for that matter. So leads me to ask am I just lucky? (if so I wish I was more lucky on the lottery), or is it in fact a problem with peoples PCs?

We are two lucky persons then

my game must be bugged!! i dont get these things every game!

Oh my! I suffer this bug too, better take it to the bugs section :p

I've never seen my game crash, my side wins most of its matches and in fact went for 21 matches without conceding at one point, I rarely have injury troubles...

It's not the best FM ever, but its far better than the rubbish that was FM08. I'm not sure where I'd rate it though. It does have problems like the Australian Reputation bug, the Hungarian Cup bug and the limitations of national importance and continental competitions pegging DLR, but hey... It's a good game.

The way you're supposed to play this game is far different than FM09 and earlier editions. You need to micromanage, carefully use team talks, private chats, tactical tweaks during a match etc. Early FMs were just plug and play and that's the difference people are finding difficult to adapt to.

The Shots on goal/Target, Injury's, Crash Dumps, Bugs and Bookings are joke. You will get either a Red Card or a Long Term Injury or a Last Minute Goal every game.

For example 1 game i played in one of my old FM 11 saves. Despite having about 21 shots on Goal/Target i Scored 3 goals with Hibs against Inverness. 10 mins to go they score 4 goals to win the match. I had over 80% ball Possession the entire game. In real life that wouldn't happen.

The amount of Injury's is a joke. I had all of my top 5 players out injured for over 6 months. I have looked on other Football Manager Forums and people have posted put the training schedule to low and give your players a few days rest after matches. For Example in other save i playled this year. I rested the squad for a few days from training to prepare themeselves for the next match. Then my only RB in the squad gets injured for about 1 year while he is resting. :confused:

The amount of crash dumps i have had this year is a joke. I have playing the game since Championship Manager Days. I never used to get Crash Dumps. FM 09 i had about 1 crash dumps. FM 10 i had about 5 crash dumps. When is first got FM 11 on release day. I got a crash dump within 2 weeks. I haven't had a crash dump since March. So it's be working for me since then.

1 more thing that annoy's me is the release of late Patches. The Patch came out on 8 March 2011. That is Ridiculous. Fifa 11 update was out on 23rd February. Sports Interactive should be getting the Januray patch out earlier rather than have it come out nearly Mid-March. The patches are getting released later and later every year. Instead of adding new exciting features every year. They should be fixing bugs/crash dumps every year to make the game Bug Free/crash dump free. Why bring out a patch on release day if the game is it's not ready.

Sports Interactive do a fantastic job every year making this game. But they need sort some stuff before releasing the game.

Actually it would as Hibs are *****! :lol:

The only part that was unrealistic was Hibs having 21 shots on goal and 80% possession :lol:

It's your tactics ;)

Crash dumps? Never seen one of these, probably down to your PC.

Your only RB got injured? Boo hoo, maybe you should have a back-up. Bad management on your part I'm afraid. 80% possession and 21 shots and you can't win the game? Again, bad management. You should be converting more chances, perhaps too many long shots? Conceding 4 goals in 10 minutes? This has never happened to me, because I use tactical shouts to close out games and protect my 3 goal lead.

FM11 is the best version for me, most realistic by far. If you think it's the worst, then you should go back and play the earliest version and compare the two. Forget what year they were made, and see which is better.

• Administrators

To be fair I'd love to come in here and say 'there's not been any crash dumps at all' and sweep it all under the carpet but that simply isn't true. There have been very few crash dumps and there have definitely been some issues which are 'system/graphics card specific'. I can totally understand anyone who feels let down with a game if it crashes on them, but for me FM11 is the best version of FM we've ever released. The patch was delayed slightly later than we originally envisaged but as always with these things, that's why we never announce a date. We'd much rather leave it later and get it thoroughly tested and those issues we come across ironed out rather than rush it and have major issues we're aware of in there for the sake of say a week. Saying that, the only crashes we've come across in FM11.3 have either been system specific or because of editor changes breaking competitions so I'd say it's very stable.

Never suffered anything described in the opening post at all and imo it is the best game of the whole series so far.

Would love to see some evidence of a red card or a long term injury or a last minute goal every game you play in FM.

I corrupted my saves, which then forced my game to crash dump upon every boot up.

I've now gone back to FM 10 and I have to say, FM 10 is better. It's smoother, it's more realistic in my view and it's just easier to play.

Still, I do think that FM 08 is the best FM ever. I hope FM 12 is as good as 08.

11 is decent though :)

The way you're supposed to play this game is far different than FM09 and earlier editions. You need to micromanage, carefully use team talks, private chats, tactical tweaks during a match etc. Early FMs were just plug and play and that's the difference people are finding difficult to adapt to.

I do not fully agree with this. You can still have success without paying much attention to team talks, private chats and the like. I do, anyways, and that's managing low league teams as well.

Yes, SI have implemented a lot of new "communication" features, but they are definitely not necessary to 'comprehend' to get the most out of this game. As I see it these feature are mostly to give the game another 'feel' of reality a lot of FM'ers has wanted for years.

Never suffered anything described in the opening post at all and imo it is the best game of the whole series so far.

Would love to see some evidence of a red card or a long term injury or a last minute goal every game you play in FM.

Surely not suggesting the OP is, *ahem* "exaggerating"? ;)

I don't play fm 11, even though I got it on release day, just could never get a good game going on it, but I don't think it is a bad game, the only reason I don't play it is because I have got a great Alfreton town career on fm 10. FM 11 is probably the best FM game ever made with all the new editions. Injuries are down to your luck and late goals, maybe your players are getting tired or the other teams manager changed something to open up a hole in your tatic?

I'd very much like to see highlights of a comeback from 3-0 to 3-4 in 10 minutes!! Sounds like an awesome watch for a neutral.

Come to think of it, I've actually had a few games where my team was the one that turned around a 2 or 3 goal deficit in the final 15 minutes or so. Certainly didn't think of it as a bug, though!

Injured for a year? with what injury, screenshot.

I think this version is the best and the crash dumps is your system being corrupted by corrupted registry keys and out of date sound/graphic drivers, not the game your machine.

People think running a PC or laptop doesn't need any maintenance or registry fixer, well it does and would clear a lot of peoples problems in one swoop.

The only thing that has really bothered me is having loads of shots and not scoring, but that's a mix of many factors such as attributes, chance creation, complacency etc. Haven't had any crash dumps, and a patch takes as long as it takes. You could always do something else 'til it comes out if you're that bothered.

EDIT: Just checked some of the other threads you've started, and you seem to get a lot of injuries. Bad luck really, not much else that can be said. I've had a few long injuries, and a lot of short injuries. Just try and enjoy it anyway. Man Utd this season, and for the past couple of seasons, have had defensive injury crises. Take this year for example, Rafael, Ferdinand and Vidic all out before the season begins. But it doesn't matter due to their strength in depth.

Took me a while to get properly into the game but never really had any problems with it like some have. Sure, had some games where I've had 20 shots or so and haven't scored and its annoying but never had any real problems with the way the games worked. Never come across an injury crisis as well and I've played a few different seasons. Only had one problem in a save at Liverpool where my strikers got injured for a few months but never anything more. I personally wouldn't say it was the worst, but thats my opinion.

Never had anything in the OP.

FM11 is the best version yet, sure it has its flaws but its still by far and away the most complete game in the series. If you concede 4 goals in 10mins you need to rethink your management style, use the shouts or get more mentally tough players. And theres no excuse for maoning about an injury to your only RB, tahts terrible squad management there if you only have one.

31 Shots on Goal Against Hibs. I am Hibs but this is surely a bug.

http://imageshack.us...hotsongoal.png/

I can't see your screenshot but why would you think having 31 shots against you is a bug??

With that many shots against you you must have been defending for long periods of the match, did you change tactics? make subs? use the touchline shouts? Did you do anything to try and change the flow of the game?

Archived