You, as favoured personnel

So I guess this is only trivial, but I believe it would be a good improvement that you as the manager could stay on favoured personnel lists. It annoys me that I can do great things for a club become an Icon only to be completely forgotten about by the club. This doesn't happen in real life and it doesn't happen to other managers on the game so I struggle to understand why it happens to us. Does anybody know? And surely this wouldn't be hard to implement, would others like this implemented? I mean it's such a minor thing, but it makes a diffences when looking back on a career and could be noted in press conferences and meetings with the club, you could possibly act as one of the those (x) favourite believes (x) can win. And keep a good relationship with past clubs where you have been noted.

I think what makes it worse is that people who have used editors have said once you leave you go on to the clubs disliked staff. It annoys me to think in my current journey man save I won many competitions with a few clubs for the first time in their history yet leaving has them hate me. I know not every manager is still liked once they leave but I do not believe every manager is hated if they leave a club in real life.

Hmm that does sound unnecessary is there a reason for this then. Surely SI wouldn't program that in for no reason. Quite frankly that's pretty ridiculous, it means that it's very unlikely to ever move back to an old club then, I always liked the idea of returning to your first club, after you have become a well seasoned travelled and proven manager before hanging up the gloves.

Iirc, if you let your contract naturally expire, then you'd stay on the favoured personnel list and wouldn't be hated by the club. Leaving in any other way automatically makes you more hated than Sol Campbell at White Hart Lane. It's just laziness tbh, I find it hard to believe that they haven't had the chance to find a better way to prevent managers being offered their jobs back after leaving at some point in the last 10 years.

I think they really need to include something where you can explain your reasons for leaving, either if you resign or take another post. I'd like to say that I feel I've achieved all I can at the club or just that I wanted a new challenge or even that it was too stressful and I wanted a break from the game!

At the moment you just leave and are never mentioned again like you didn't exist, even though players who never even got a game for you and left 15 years ago are still mentioned before every game against you, saying there is a great mutual respect, blah blah blah...

If I leave a club after taking them to glory at home and in Europe for the first time I can't help but think that I should be a legend. When I was at Dresden I took them from the bottom to the top and then won the German First Division twice, got to finals of both the German Cup and the Champions League and generally competed on a very high level with them. One winger was at the club for its entire meteoric rise and was a legend along with various other players. But when I left I was still favoured personnel. I then signed him and he was to become a legend at my next club before I was even on the info page. That really explains all that is wrong with it.

And I would love to see a system whereby you can explain your reasons for leaving and thank the fans for their support of you during you time at the club. An example of a press conference being worthwhile.

i took a club from BSP to premier league winners and was still only on favoured personel. to me its been made far too hard to make the legends list without winning stacks of trophies. if you improve the club stature by a long way then you should at least be an icon in my opinion.

BSP to League 1 should be enough in itself to make you a legend.

I took Crewe from League Two to Premiership winners and two final appearances in the Champions League and am an icon hopefully the eventual Champions League win will make me a legend.

In real life you'd be a knight by now. And you'd probably have a massive statue outside the Crewe Alex ground.

In real life you'd be a knight by now. And you'd probably have a massive statue outside the Crewe Alex ground.

Too true. Let's face it if you took over a BSN or BSS team and got them to League One or Championship back to back you would be a legend in the eyes of most fans.

I became a legend after 7 years in my game, just in time to get a stadium named after me. But some of my players achieved it before me, which I think is a little unrealistic, especially at a big club like Liverpool. It seems to favour attacking players, I've had a few become legends in just 3 or 4 years, while defenders take so much longer.

As Kenco said above, the emphasis with regards to legends, icons etc is on attacking players. Obviously a goalscorer is remembered by the fans, and so good strikers should become legends etc more quickly (perhaps), top class defenders should be recognised too. I have a centre back who's been with me for years, and I don't think he's even on favoured personnel yet, and Sakho is only an icon. I have two Italian strikers who have never played more than 15-20 league games a season who are legends for crying out loud! And the one striker who has scored about 200 goals in 200 games is only an icon :(

And an academy player, who has made 80+ England appearances, 300+ club appearances and got Fans Player of the Season is not even favoured personnel :(

I'm a legend though :p

Funny, on my old save with SC Praiense, at the start of the game there were no icons, legends, favoured personnel etc. After the first season one of my old wingers Evandro won Fans Player of the Year and he was instantly on favoured personnel, at the end of the next year Evandro didn't play at all as his skills had drastically declined, and my young 18 y/o winger Fabio Nunes (new signing) claimed the Fans Player of the Year award, I checked favoured personnel to see that Evandro had been removed from this list and my new 18 year old was on it. There's something a little strange about the system to me.

Iirc, if you let your contract naturally expire, then you'd stay on the favoured personnel list and wouldn't be hated by the club. Leaving in any other way automatically makes you more hated than Sol Campbell at White Hart Lane. It's just laziness tbh, I find it hard to believe that they haven't had the chance to find a better way to prevent managers being offered their jobs back after leaving at some point in the last 10 years.

I don't think it is quite that straight forward. After I quit Pompey I seemed to stay on the list. Years later I still appeared on the list at Pompey but also at current club FC United.

I was removed from FC United though when I left on poor terms to rejoin Pompey :D

At the moment you just leave and are never mentioned again like you didn't exist, even though players who never even got a game for you and left 15 years ago are still mentioned before every game against you, saying there is a great mutual respect, blah blah blah...

I can not over state how much this annoys me. A youth team player, who never had a game and left after his contract expires is mentioned in press conferences!

Archived