When does FM recognise a new season?

Depends on what leagues you have selected.

Um ok, my start date is Holland 21.6.10 if that helps

Leagues loaded are as follows

All leagues in

Argentina

Australia

Austria

Belgium

Brazil

Croatia

Czech Republic

Denmark

England

France

Germany

Greece

Holland

Italy

Mexico

Portugal

Romania

Russia

Scotland

Serbia

South Africa

Spain

Turkey

USA

Ukraine

I did this a few weeks back. In order to prevent AI transfers, I started with Sweden's start date (February 2011) and then I went on holiday as an unemployed manager until the end of the Premier League season. I think it was May 22th or something. After those games were played, I retired my unemployed manager and added a new manager at Arsenal.

The EPL transfer window starts on June 9, so I had a couple weeks to bid on and purchase players with the 2010-11 transfer budget.

You are asked for expectations and given a new budget on June 19/20 in England. You usually get your newgens at that time as well. I didn't get any newgens in 2011, but there were foreign newgens to buy.

You are asked for expectations and given a new budget on June 19/20 in England. You usually get your newgens at that time as well. I didn't get any newgens in 2011, but there were foreign newgens to buy.

The reason for this I can gather is the playable league in your case england does not recognise any normal team activity apart from making transfers until next season i.e. no youth players promoted from U18s for being to old because they are already promoted and new youngsters have already been added to the squad at the start of the game. None playable league run has they normally would so players no longer eligable for U18s are promoted and newgens are added.

Archived