Can mental attributes go down through tutoring?

I have an experienced cultured defender with some great mental attributes such as composure, anticipation, positioning and teamwork.

I would like him to tutor a promising young player in the hope the youth picks up these attributes.

Trouble is, the cultured defender is less determined, brave and aggressive than the said youngster.

Is there a risk of the youth becoming less determined, brave and aggressive?

If mentoring works, the player being tutored starts to take on the same personality traits as the player who is mentoring... traits both good or bad. If tutoring is very successful, or if you get the same players to work together more than once, the player being tutored will end up identical in personality.

So if you get a tutor with 20 DET, Unflappable media handling, and Driven personality to tutor a kid, then great. If you get your diving, whining primadonna with DET 10 to tutor your kids, then you will end up with more of the same.

Be careful what values you are spreading through your club.

I am unsure wether or not the visible attributes changes because of tutoring. To me it seems like it is only the hidden attributes that changes, except Determination. It is therefore very difficult to know if tutoring will improve a youngster or even make things worse.

I am also unsure about the consistency attribute. Is it improving by itself as the player gains experience? What about big matches, is it increasing after having played one or does it remain static?

I am unsure wether or not the visible attributes changes because of tutoring. To me it seems like it is only the hidden attributes that changes, except Determination. It is therefore very difficult to know if tutoring will improve a youngster or even make things worse.

I am also unsure about the consistency attribute. Is it improving by itself as the player gains experience? What about big matches, is it increasing after having played one or does it remain static?

I haven't done any dedicated testing but I have yet to see these change through tutoring, only through match experience.

Archived