Inter Milan Firesale - £300million's worth

I thought I'd better share this with you all...

I started a save with Inter Milan and found myself shocked at the wages all these guys were on, and as my real life frugality seems to affect my FM decisions, I decided to do a bit of a firesale and get them all out. By the way, for you purists out there, I didnt sell Zanetti, he's the only one in the Inter team I have an affinity with.

And it turns out there are plenty of teams interested in aging, high wage players-

Julio Cesar to Man City - £36m

Giampaolo Pazzini to PSG - £28m

Thiago Motta to Liverpool - £28m

Cambiasso to Malaga - £24m

Wesley Sneijder to Chelsea - £39.5m

Maicon to Man City - £36m

Samuel Eto'o to Man Utd - £28m

Diego Milito to Real Madrid - £36m ....and I sold a bunch of other players, Stankovic, Chivu etc. Total season sales were £310million.

Great fun. Good opportunity to strip, then rebuild a team in thine own image.

By the way, I spent around £150million of my takings, so plenty left over for asking the board to build some facilities.

From the point of view of having fun selling/buying and actually significantly helping the club financially it sounds like a good idea. You wouldn't be able to replace them with players of equal price, but could easily get top youth for cheaper and lower wages, which would be good. However, with fewer world class players to tutor, it will be harder to raise determination etc. I'd just keep the greedy oldies and buy some young'uns too :p

And as others have said, I'm surprised teams paid so much.

about 2/3 in that list are under 30! there are loads of young players you could buy to replace them!

Lloris GK

Daniel Alves RB

Chilieini LB/CB

Nasri/Gourcuff/Moutinho CM

Aguero/Tevez ST

can't think of any more off the top of my head

i recently started an inter save and got nowhere near those sort of offers

something smells fishy

Yes, because he'd totally cheat, and make a topic about it. Honestly, what you can get for players is to a degree random, but rule of thumb is, it's usually fairly easy to get double the "value" if the player plays. Of course, the "value" is sometimes ridiculously off the mark.

Yes, because he'd totally cheat, and make a topic about it. Honestly, what you can get for players is to a degree random, but rule of thumb is, it's usually fairly easy to get double the "value" if the player plays. Of course, the "value" is sometimes ridiculously off the mark.

I've never seen anything like this though. The AI is always incredibly strict when it comes to your own players values and the fee's it bids for them. Not saying he's a cheat for sure just seems odd to me!

come on it's obvious he started a new save with an UPDATED DATABASE with this summers transfers. that idiot who's having a go at others because they say something is fishy will now be made to look like an idiot.

who else here does see P-S-G & Malaga pay that amount of money in the very first transfer window on 11.3

Are you using an updated database if so which one? Malaga and PSG have money but Eto'o is not at Anzhi.

Could be a fun game with all that cash especially if you were looking to bring in more Italian players not sure why you would sell Pazzini though. His wages are not that high and he is in his prime and Italian.

come on it's obvious he started a new save with an UPDATED DATABASE with this summers transfers. that idiot who's having a go at others because they say something is fishy will now be made to look like an idiot.

who else here does see P-S-G & Malaga pay that amount of money in the very first transfer window on 11.3

I don't have fm11 so dunno what the updated db is like. My bad.

I just had a go as this sort of save interests me. I managed to make £155 million without selling Sneijder, Cesar, Chivu or Pazzini.

Good call on keeping Sneijder,Caeser and Pazzini. Not sure about Chivu though. He seems to have a bad temprament, is injury prone and wears a rugby headgear. Does Pazzini still have the mask? Just need Edgar Davids glasses now :p

Would have kept Maicon and Cambiasso. Will be interested to see how Maicon goes with inters new 3 at the back defence (will probably be more of a 5-3-2). Rumour has it he will be playing higher up the pitch so he will be pretty lethal there. Cambiasso was an absolute steal for inter. Classic argentine DM in the mould of redondo.

I would have kept Cambiasso too.

I do the same thing when I take over at Liverpool or Arsenal, even Man Utd. I love selling Darren Fletcher. I was once offered the Man Utd job and I took it just to sell Darren Fletcher. And I made sure I only accepted the bid from the worst club ha ha. Petty.

Anyway. I often make a mint selling off players that just aren't needed. I struggle until the January window, with injuries and whatnots. But it's not that big of a deal. Once January window opens I know pretty much where I have to add players and what of players I need.

The most I spent in a transfer window was something like €350m. I did make about €250m in sales though.

Haha why hate Darren Fletcher. I have spent/made ridiculous amounts as well. Think it was in fm07 i bought the most though, I actualy made the stat in the manager profile nerfed It was showing -207 or somthing. Was well over a billion. I started out as Valencia and bought every talented youngster i could find to play in my B team and just kept trading constantly. Bought messi and casillas just to make Barca and Real weaker :p Real ended up getting relegated.

We all have a player we hate. I just don't rate him. Might as well strap a pair of boots on a plank.

Although, I appreciate that others think he's a good player. So no need to get into a I <3 DF war.

I just don't like him as a player.

Nah no worries about the DF war. Wouldn't say he's my fave player either just thought there may have been somthing I missed.

He seems to work pretty hard on the pitch but doesn't realy excell at anything in particular. Won't bother naming my least favourite footballers at the risk of going off-topic ;)

Let me Guess !

Was you Man City, then Sunderland and now Barca ?

Nope, been at Barca for less than 3 seasons, so only 2 of the Barca transfers seen there are from my time at the club. Before Barca I was at Sampdoria for almost 10 seasons and before that it was mostly smaller top division teams and non top division teams. Barca is the first team I manage that has more money to spend than necessary. Can add that Ruben Saccone who was number 4 on that list was bought for 800k when he moved to Sampdoria.

Hi everybody, just to let you all know I am using an updated database, maybe thats why some of you were shocked at some of the sales. No cheating here I assure you all, well, other than using a "non-official" database.

Also, I think the "big" players in the game are a little bit over-rated, going by some of the comments I've read here. I won Serie A in the first season with these signings, whom I think are good enough for any team, regardless of whether I'd won the league or not:

Gregory Van Der Wiel; Gary Cahill; Toni Kroos; Salomon Rondon (january); Juan Manuel Mata(yip, still at Valencia); Yannis Tafer; Marouaine Fellaini; Antoine Griezmann.

And then an assortment of youth, including Lucas Digne, Sebastian Jung, Nathan Ake. Also, took Sandro on loan for half a season. And I also played a few of Inter's under 19's.

Like I said in the first post, it was great fun, and I felt good making so much money for the club, and cutting the wage bill especially, think my highest earner is Zannetti.

I find it is perfectly easy to get good offers if you offer players out to clubs, it sometimes takes time when people don't bite at first, but I tend to find someone will eventually bite at a good price. If you simply just transfer list someone, you will never get high offer in my experience.

See the thing is, before I went Inter, I used to watch Chelsea or Man City buy Cambiasso for £45m. As you can see I only got £20-odd million, this is because I transfer listed him first in anticipation of the big bids. This was abviously a mistake by me because they were willing to chance a lower offer due to the fact id already said he could go. But this example is a freak really...

...I follow basic rules when offering players out. I transfer list and set to not needed. Also set unavailable for loan.

Then I offer them out. This side of it will be helped if you have experience of wht the AI/Match Engine seems to favour when paying high prices for players. And beleieve me there are certain things that will mean you can get £15m for a fairly average Jermaine Jenas type player. I remember getting £15m for John o' Shea at one point. Also, players who are very versatile tend to move for higher fees.

Basically I offer out at at least double the price, you will find that from time to time, no-one wants to buy Heskey for even half his value, but these are just little exceptions.

As far as my Inter save goes, it seems that the teams with money will JUMP at the chance to sign players with high reputations, regardless of their age. I mean, a 31yr old Milito to Madrid for £36m ???? Alot of my friends dont take full advantage of the AI, in my opinion, they dont even try to get big money. I try and usually I get it. I think its a case of disrespecting the AI, if you know what I mean, dont think of it as impenetrable, there are loads of weak spots, e.g, player rep, versatility, oh, and selling english players, or even just players based in England seems to get way higher fees than anywhere else.

Ive rattled on for a while there, but thats basically my thoughts on it.

How do you get such high offers? Do you transfer list the players and offer them out, or just wait for people to come in and hope? If you offer them out, what mark up do you start with? thanks for any advice.

Set asking prices higher than you want to sell for.

You do tend to have to offer out at those prices once you have clubs interested though.

eg Say I have a player who I would sell for around £20m then set an asking price of £40m. If you have interested clubs offer him out at £40m and you would tend to get offers in the £20m-£30m region. If you don't get offers then your price is too high, it could be that the ai simply don't value him as high as you do in which case you need to except that you'll struggle to get £20m for him and either keep him or lower the price you would sell him for.

My brother did something similar with his Real Madrid Squad. He kept the essentials, sold dozens of players and bought the likes of Vidic, Sniejder, De Rossi, Chillieni, Pato, Rooney and countless others.

His team played like super galacticos and made my Barca squad look like a school team. I would call it cheating or unrealistic, but hey the game allows it.

Sunderland is one of the really big clubs on my save, they got a tycoon take over in 2025. They are still to have their first premiere league win but they have a few 2nd and 3d places over the past years.

I'm sort of deciding to do something similar in my save. I was approached by AC Milan to take over at the start of the 3rd season, and when I got there I found the Wage Bill to be at £1.8M a week. And they had people like Seedorf & Gattuso in the Reserves and they were on £110,000 a week. Plus every other news item seems to say the club are 'cash-strapped' and such.

They have the likes of Zlatan on £175,000 a week. I'm probably going to flog him first. Or is he *that* good?

Oh, and they finished 9th, so no European money for the next season. And only 15% of income goes towards transfers. Yeah, this is going to be interesting to say the least.

I wouldn't say Zlatan is *that* good. He thinks he is pretty special and knows some kung-fu so just be careful ;)

Shame to have to get rid of Seedorf.....the guy is real winner. At least you have Pato to build around hopefully.

I already explained this at another topic but here it goes:

Put the asked price at 2x the "real" price and offer the players to other clubs without putting them in the transfer list. 95% of the times the clubs only go to this exact value. The rest 5% usually are cases when rich clubs bids your players without you offering them.

My opinion it's a bit stupid when you know what's the maximum that you can sell the players, hope SI fix this on the new version of the game.

Edit: I forgot to mention that this value that you asking is the paid at front value. This is so ridiculous because if you ask the 2x real value plus 50% of the next transfer most of the times the clubs will accept it!!! It's the trick i use to get more then 2x value for the player.

Archived