Does the match engine make calculations based on the 20 or 100 point system?

I thought the database was a 20 point system as well. :confused:

The database is, but the game itself works from 1.0-20.0 so you get 15.4, 17.8 etc

These are the figures used inside the game.

The database is, but the game itself works from 1.0-20.0 so you get 15.4, 17.8 etc

These are the figures used inside the game.

Hmm....Ben Kenney always told me the ME only took into account whole numbers.

As in a 12.49 would be read as a 12 but a 12.51 would be read as a 13 by the ME. He stressed this several times when i kept asking :p

If the DB is integers then how can the game use decimals? It wouldn't be able to store any changes :(

The starting db is in integers, but the game doesn't reference that, it has a "running database" which uses a 100-point scale.

Anyone care to explain how the CA/PA system works? It seem physical skills are more strongly weighted than others but nobody seems to have much idea what it actualy means that i am aware of.

Would hazard a guess that each attribute has a certain 'weight' on the CA/PA scale and they are added together to come up with a total CA (Current Ability). Would be interested to know if there is anything else involved though. I still think a refined system would be more appropriate with each player recieving a CA/PA for each attribute class i.e Technical CA 80 PA 140 Physical CA 125 PA 170 and so on.

Anyone care to explain how the CA/PA system works? It seem physical skills are more strongly weighted than others but nobody seems to have much idea what it actualy means that i am aware of.

~FM09, FM10 some people took the time to uncover the weightings, which vary with player positions most significantly. Footedness, contrasting positions (DC, ST) can account for major chunks of CA outside of attributes. Some googling will uncover the old threads discussing which positions have which weightings.

OP:

As far as Im aware, the database holds values up to 100 for stats. (Or 1/5th for each point in the stat we see, ie the 20 point system)

Its also the reason we sometimes see a stat gain one month only to see it reverse the next due to injury/whatever...

Computing a value of hundreds doesn't cost you more than a value of twenties, so why wouldn't they use the "actual" value in the ME?

As for floats.. No. There is no logical reason to use floats for computations like this when the amount of perturbations of say ~40 different stats (on the top of my head) is for all intents and purposes infinite both in terms of complexity and accuracy.

The 20 system is just a user friendly version of the actual system. Its a matter of fact that for the human eye/perception its easier to distinguish two low numbers (say 5 and 6) than high numbers (say 52 and 67). It would be a total chore for us poor users to make any sense of what the difference between a 66 point dribbling and a 67 point one is. Thus, its "dumbed down".

That's a 191 point system. Thought I'd save you any more frustration :D

That's because it doesn't use 0.0 to 0.9, otherwise you'd get attributes displaying as 0.

I haven't actually made a mistake ffs, you lot have :mad:

I haven't a clue but how do you enjoy and immerse yourself in the game if all you can think about is the workings behind the game?

no offence but I would ask the exactly opposite:

how can you enjoy a game if you can't comprehend how it really works? That would be like women watching football and saying I want beckhams team to win because he is sexy :D

Archived