Who are you most looking forward to managing in FM 2012?

With all the deals going through - and the new players at their new club, who do you want to manage in FM2012?

I always quite liked managing Atletico Madrid, it was quite difficult to break the Barca/Real hold on the La Liga, at least for one or two seasons. But Kun and Forlan are gone now. Don't think I'll be taking up that challenge lol. Still possible though. I just liked Kun and enjoyed getting At Madrid with him in the team to the top.

I probably won't do the Man City thing. I already boycott them in FM11 lol. I don't accept any bids from them so petty lol.

Thinking maybe heading to the north east of Portugal and taking up the Porto role to get me going. See where it takes me.

What have got planned?

Leicester City (money)

Southampton (good squad to get them back in the Prem)

Brighton & Hove Albion (good squad, new stadium to get in the Prem)

Anzhi Makhachkala (loadsa money)

Everton (I support)

Queen's Park Rangers (takeover good fun trying to establish them in the Prem)

AFC Wimbledon (my favourite LL team)

My favourite save with Inter Milan will be interesting. Having sold Santon who was a great prospect on this version and previous ones is a disappointment. As well as Santon, Eto'o. There is a distinct lack of pace in the side now.

Tempted to go with Palermo again, especially now Pastore's gone. They're in my favourite league, have some exciting players, are financially solid, not so big as to be totally boring (though even within a few years...), and are usually a completely disorganized mess (thanks, Zamparini!) that's fun to sort out.

I might wait until 12.3 (or similar), though. It just seems the smart move going on the past years of release day 'quality'.

Athletic Bilbao as always. However, it may be more difficult this year given the cuts Marcelo Bielsa has implemented. I am also excited to create a Bielsa-esque tactical style and see how it goes, which will be far different from the style Athletic (and I) have played in the past.

Anzhi Makhachkala will be interesting. Let's not forget Malaga or Paris Saint-Germain if you like spending money with unfashionable clubs.

I'm most exciting about attempting a career with a Blue Square North or South side. Haven't decided which yet, though.

Man never heard of some of these teams before. Some interesting choices :)

I like the idea of the managing somewhere strange first, especially with "Manage Anywhere, Antyime" new addition. Could be cool to start off in Oceania, then move around a bit, load up the european leagues at a later stage or something?

PSG, my warm up game on fm12. plenty of dosh, a chance to dominate my league and build my own squad

Leicester, team i support and want to show sven how its done!

Truro City, i love cornwall and been following them for a long time

AFC Wimbledon, league newboys with a good support. chance to get them up the leagues.

Norwich, Swansea, Stevenage, several lower rep league 2 teams, any newly promoted BSP team. chance to fight as an underdog and build a team over a period with little pressure.

The Russian Team that signed Eto'o. cant think what they are called (sorry!)

Reading- my club

Arsenal- as long as Wenger doesn't sign (m)any players, they could be fun to work with

Anzhi, Malaga, PSG, Man City- spending money!

Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool- all going through periods of transition and could be really fun to manage

Yeah, I like winning.

What I actually take up this year is very dependant on if I decide to buy a new laptop or not. I usually only play one save per release and usually just start as low down in England as I can, very dependant on the power of my current computer how low leagues I decide to add. Then I'll just work my way around the world and see where I finish.

I might have a game with Man United for 3 or 4 seasons just to see the young team develop, hope Welbeck gets a bit of a boost.

I've been managing him for three and a bit seasons on FM11 and he's not developed all that well. I've kept him because he's decent backup. I sold Cleverley, who will hopefully be much improved on FM12.

I've been managing him for three and a bit seasons on FM11 and he's not developed all that well. I've kept him because he's decent backup. I sold Cleverley, who will hopefully be much improved on FM12.

Welbeck had a brilliant season in the first year for me on loan at Sunderland as an inside forward AML. 5 years later he still looked the same attributes wise fast but not much else, in real life he might have only played a few games but he has looked great.

River Plate. Even though I'm a Boca Juniors's fan, managing them in the Primera B Nacional is tempting enough to manage them

I also think that having them promoted to Primera A will be an interesting challenge, because of the players River bought and the way FM works. Retaining all of them will be difficult... or so I think

I have a preference for teams that need rebuilding and don't neccesarily have a lot of money to spare.

So, aside from a Lille save, potentially someone from: Everton, Plymouth, maybe Arsenal (if the transfer budget is too high, maybe not), Zaragoza.

Having said that, I would really like to have a crack at a proper journeyman career save.

Oh and after reading this month's World Soccer: Austria Salzberg.

So, er... yeah. Any number of teams. :confused:

As usual, I am looking forward to managing Liverpool.

Might also give FC Anzhi a go for a bit of fun. Never managed in Russia before, and would be interesting to see what kind of players will sign in the game, and maybe conquer Europe with them.

Archived