Steam Achievements question

I don't think they work in offline mode. So if you get an achievement in offline mode and then sign in, it won't work. You have to be signed in all the time when playing FM to get them.

wow. That seems really stupid, it shouldn't be too hard to implement into offline gaming/ even make the game check achievement status each time you log online.

You have to be connected to steam, as it's a case of "achievement earned" then instantly sent to steam, presumably to try and stop people "cheating" it I suppose. I don't know, but either way, they're not just stored ready to send.

That said, you can "appear offline" and still send, but you have to be connected otherwise.

If you look at the global achievements it says that zero percent of players have done that one despite me knowing a few people that have over 80 percent let alone 75. I have also won in one save every continents Champions League I never once switched off steam yet the continental challenge is still not achieved by anyone at all.

Also worth noting it is strange that only 87.6 percent of people who played FM scored a goal, unless the others just switched off before their first match and never played again.

If you look at the global achievements it says that zero percent of players have done that one despite me knowing a few people that have over 80 percent let alone 75. I have also won in one save every continents Champions League I never once switched off steam yet the continental challenge is still not achieved by anyone at all.

Also worth noting it is strange that only 87.6 percent of people who played FM scored a goal, unless the others just switched off before their first match and never played again.

SI on Twitter told me they were fine, as for the 12.4% never to score i reckon its their tactics :D

I can confirm that it is possible to get achievements offline and then have them awarded to your account once you reconnect.

I achieved promotion during an off-line session, saved my game and quit. At a later date I went online in Steam and signed back in. I checked my achievements and I had the one for my promotion, so it is possible at least for that one.

Archived