Young Player of the Month - How does the game choose this?

I'm managing in the EPL and noticed in one month this season the winner made 5 appearances, scored 0 goals with an average rating of 6.46. 3rd place made 5 appearances, scored 6 goals, with an average rating of 8.24.

2 months later, the player who previously finished 3rd wins it this time, with 4 appearances, 0 goals, average rating of 7.00. 2nd place had 4 appearances, 4 goals and an average of 8.50.

What factors does the game take into account when deciding this, or is it totally random?

I reckon when the game does get the award right its by chance, not design. The whole feature has been totally random since it was first put into the series, i dont see the point of it if it doesnt do what its supposed to.

The FML one was even worse, at least on FM11 the same player cant come 1st 2nd and 3rd in the same month :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished a season in blue square north and the vote for player of the year is coming up. I got slightly surprised when I realised my striker wasn't even among the nominated players.

THis is the stats for my player over the season.

56996735.th.jpg

These are the players that are nominated.

playeroftheyearwote.th.jpg

I just finished a season in blue square north and the vote for player of the year is coming up. I got slightly surprised when I realised my striker wasn't even among the nominated players.

THis is the stats for my player over the season.

These are the players that are nominated.

That's comical... never seen anything like that myself, it's always seemed fairly accurate. Clearly something's gone a bit awry.

Certainly the young players award is very skewed - many times before I've had a young player win Player of the Month, but then come third in Young Player of the Month!

Archived