Multiple job offers, don't know which to accept.

My career so far : Started unemployed and quickly was offered the job at Redditch United. Spent a season and a half there, no major acomplishments other than an FA Cup run taking me to the 4th round (where I lost 7-0 away to Middlesbrough). After 2 years and 4 months unemployed, I was offered the job at Newport County, winning promotion to BSN in my 3rd season, and finishing 15th in my 1st season there. I then chose not to extend my contract, and took the job at Shamrock Rovers. With 2 games remaining I was top of the league and I had the cup fin al to look forward to, but ended up losing that and finishing 3rd, and was so enraged I quit.

So now here we are, June 2017, and I have a few offers on the table from sides in Scotland, England and Germany, and my problem is, I don't know which one to go.

Bassingstoke : Relegated in 2010 but are back in the BSS. Despite being newly promoted they have a media prediction of 13th and a transfer budget of £150,000, pretty good for a team at that level.

Vauxhall Rovers : Media prediction 21st in BSN, but a budget of £195,000. Very healthy, but enough to make a squad worthy of promotion? I did it with no budget with Newport, but they had a better team when I arrived.

Brechin City : £170,000 budget, media prediction 2nd, so promotion to Socttish First Division looks quite likely. Another added incentive is that my mate managed them a few months ago, and despite winning the Challenge Cup 4 times in a row, was never able to win promotion.

Oxford United : Media prediction 17th in League 2, with a £44,000 budget. Proably the most reputable league on offer to me, but not sure about the team.

BSV Kickers Emden : Newly promoted to the German 2nd Division for the fist time. With a three man squad consisting only of two DMs and one AMR, and a measly budget of £19,000, this could prove quite a challenge.

So those are the five jobs on offer to me, and advice?

My career so far : Started unemployed and quickly was offered the job at Redditch United. Spent a season and a half there, no major acomplishments other than an FA Cup run taking me to the 4th round (where I lost 7-0 away to Middlesbrough). After 2 years and 4 months unemployed, I was offered the job at Newport County, winning promotion to BSN in my 3rd season, and finishing 15th in my 1st season there. I then chose not to extend my contract, and took the job at Shamrock Rovers. With 2 games remaining I was top of the league and I had the cup fin al to look forward to, but ended up losing that and finishing 3rd, and was so enraged I quit.

So now here we are, June 2017, and I have a few offers on the table from sides in Scotland, England and Germany, and my problem is, I don't know which one to go.

Bassingstoke : Relegated in 2010 but are back in the BSS. Despite being newly promoted they have a media prediction of 13th and a transfer budget of £150,000, pretty good for a team at that level.

Vauxhall Rovers : Media prediction 21st in BSN, but a budget of £195,000. Very healthy, but enough to make a squad worthy of promotion? I did it with no budget with Newport, but they had a better team when I arrived.

Brechin City : £170,000 budget, media prediction 2nd, so promotion to Socttish First Division looks quite likely. Another added incentive is that my mate managed them a few months ago, and despite winning the Challenge Cup 4 times in a row, was never able to win promotion.

Oxford United : Media prediction 17th in League 2, with a £44,000 budget. Proably the most reputable league on offer to me, but not sure about the team.

BSV Kickers Emden : Newly promoted to the German 2nd Division for the fist time. With a three man squad consisting only of two DMs and one AMR, and a measly budget of £19,000, this could prove quite a challenge.

So those are the five jobs on offer to me, and advice?

I don't know, sure, the challenge seems like great fun, but after such a long time in the game you might want to start thinking about the higher leagues, I know I would.

I'd go for the Oxford job.

Oh, and great thread by the way.

Thanks Raven.

I would take the challenge of Emden, but I've done the whole "team of freebies" thing with Newport.

And I have been thinking about managing in Europe recently. If I stayed at Shamrock Rover's I'd have had an Intertoto Cup excursion, and it's had me dreaming dreams of the Uefa Cup icon_razz.gif

Due to this, I'm looking at either Brechin or Oxford. Brechin look set for promotion to the first division, and if I do well there then I could get an SPL job, which could give me a taste of Europe before heading of somewhere else. Or I could try Oxford. If i could win promotion within 2 years with them I could be looking at a Championship job in a few years.

I think the Brechin job might be safer but, if it goes wrong at Oxford I'm headed back to the Blue Square leagues.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm not planning on making a descision until tonight so anyone else out there who has an opinion it's more than welcome.

Im not the best at this game, and i love changing jobs! Id take Brechin City.

I did a QPr game, 3 seasons to get promoted then got relegated straight away, then got bored so resigned, had to wait a few months before getting Carlise and keeping them in league 1, next season made the play offs but was Tapped up by Hull who had just been relegated from the CCC, so took them on and won league 1 at the first attempt then got approached by Messina and am in my second season with them. Its like getting chatted up by an average looking girl, your flattered so think "may as well"

I rather take the Oxford job also because of it's higher reputation and I usually don't look at media prediction. I took Carlisle who was supposed to finish 20th in League 1 and got them promoted my first season (won the league icon_biggrin.gif ). Then in the Championship we destroyed the league and got promoted again to the Premier League. I then went to Derby, who finished 10th the previous season. Then my save got corrupted before the season began icon_razz.gif

Do well in a couple seasons at Oxford and you will get mid-table Championship job offers.

For those interested, I ended up taking the Brechin job.

I was really tempted by Oxford, especially the £57k wage budget (Brechin's is £5.5k) but in the end I thought it might be a nice change to manage in Scotland, and having looked at the team I'm confident of being in division one next season, and from there, who knows.

Archived