Should players be more open to huge contracts?

Does FM take into account how rich a club is? I am pretty sure when approaching a player Anzhi, PSG, Man City and Malaga would not have been a first choice for the player until they discovered how much they could earn. I am playing as Anzhi and have had bids accepted for players who earn between 10k and 40k a week some already playing in Russia, surely in real life some players would be willing to listen to an offer from a very rich club. I think the striker at CSKA who earns 33k a week would consider a 200k a week contract. Do you think money should over ride reputation in some cases?

I do think it's ridiculous that money can't sway people in certain situations.

The one that does it for me is that I've been trying to get Carragher to retire and become a coach. I've managed to get him to be a player coach. He doesn't play though, has made about 4 games in 3 seasons. He's now on a 13 grand a week player coach deal. Yet I can't persuade him to just be a coach. For an experiment, I even offered about £200,000 a week(I've made Liverpool filthy rich as I've sold off a lot of key players for great deals, and brought in youth, not to mention I've won the league each season so far) for him to be just a coach(would never have given him that deal), and he rejected it. It's ridiculous.

I do think it's ridiculous that money can't sway people in certain situations.

The one that does it for me is that I've been trying to get Carragher to retire and become a coach. I've managed to get him to be a player coach. He doesn't play though, has made about 4 games in 3 seasons. He's now on a 13 grand a week player coach deal. Yet I can't persuade him to just be a coach. For an experiment, I even offered about £200,000 a week(I've made Liverpool filthy rich as I've sold off a lot of key players for great deals, and brought in youth, not to mention I've won the league each season so far) for him to be just a coach(would never have given him that deal), and he rejected it. It's ridiculous.

That's very strange. I just bid for a Russian GK who is on 25k a week. Due to the foreign limits I would be willing to pay him up to 150k a week yet his agent will not even talk about a contract which is just wrong. I wouldn't mind if they rejected but at least let us attempt to persuade them to sign.

The contracts are pretty messed up in game. Young players have massive demands, and now I've got the opposite problem - 35 yo Cesc Fabregas wants a wage rise! I'm sorry Cesc, you're way past your prime, 2.5 stars and decreasing, and you want MORE? I only kept him this long because his mental stats make him a great tutor.

One thing I have noticed, when a player is willing to speak to you, if you have money, they'll milk it for as much as they can and it drives me insane, because they consistently insist on that stupid bloody "Match highest earner" clause being in the contract. I mean seriously, you're earning 150k a week from this contract, do you really need that to go up? How 7.2 million a year isn't enough for some of these people is beyond me.

Archived