True FM on iPad? How far?

I am just putting this question out there. How long do you think it will be before we can truly migrate a Mac/PC game onto an iPad.

My dream scenario would be having FM compatible on both and being able to wirelessly transfer saves from one device to another. It would be amazing if I could play a game, then just send it to my iPad before I go to work and continue the save there. And vice-versa.

I know we have FM on the iPad, but its a bit too basic for me and this in turn means I can't have the same save on both devices.

What are your thoughts on being able to seamlessly switch from one device to another on the same save? Do you think it will ever happen/be possible.

It would be good to get an idea of what SI have in store and whether it is possible to do.

'cept for matches, which the iPad could handle, FM is a perfect game to play remotely. I envisage this kind of arrangement somewhere down the line, but it would take a bit of development effort. If someone did the programming I think the iPad could handle this already.

Maybe a few iPads down the line will be at the stage that it can play FM.

A few iPads (and it's Windows 8 Quad Core challengers) down the line and FM will still largely be developed to take advantage of the mid to high end desktop and notebook processors.

Best hope will be Windows 8 on Quad Core tablets unless Apple bring OSX to iPad as I can't see FM being developed on yet another platform just yet.

Graphics will be an issue on any current tablet, iPad included, I'll bet you could melt through an iPad 2 running FM.

Well there is always the possibility that SI is going to use web technologies for its GUI. HTML5 + WebGL for presentation while all the calculations are running on your computer or even on a cloud. Basically a client/server configuration. All you would have to do is then connect with a browser to your server and play the game.

Well there is always the possibility that SI is going to use web technologies for its GUI. HTML5 + WebGL for presentation while all the calculations are running on your computer or even on a cloud. Basically a client/server configuration. All you would have to do is then connect with a browser to your server and play the game.

Probably the best suggestion made in the last year. C'mon FM13 in the cloud. Pay X/year to have a dedicated FM server and then play the game from your phone or pad or any terminal. Log into your game via Firefox. Customize via HTML5, etc..

I use a program called iTransport and play remotely
i can't find this on the app store??? did you put the right name?

Sorry, iTeleport.

'cept for matches, which the iPad could handle, FM is a perfect game to play remotely. I envisage this kind of arrangement somewhere down the line, but it would take a bit of development effort. If someone did the programming I think the iPad could handle this already.

See my previous post - I do play remotely. It works fine.

I have played a little remotely aswell. Had the game running on my desktop and played it from my laptop through teamviewer, worked pretty good and could even watch 3d games as long as i didn't want top quality graphics.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived