Times your players have proved you wrong...

I was just browsing the forums in between playing a friendly with new Uruguayan team I'm managing and as I was watching I was beginning to question my strikers pace. Every time he's been on the ball in previous games he's been pondorous and slow. The friendly was going well (1-0 up and in complete control going into half-time) so I read something and then click back on the screen only to find out the guy's scored a bloody hattrick. That'll teach me for questioning him.

Anyone else got any other times they've questioned a player only to have them throw your doubts right back in your silly face?

I have a regen striker, he has been my main man for the past 10/11 seasons, clubs top goal scorer of all time and Scotlands top goal scorer but recently his legs have started to go and he picks up a few more injuries than he used to, at the tail end of the last season he was playing a lot of 5.5's and low end 6's and his pace had dropped by a few points so i thought he was done, good for tutoring but not much else, but low and behold, 2 down in the champs league final, bring him off the bench and bang, 30 minute hattrick and the clubs first every champs league win. New contract was offered there and then :D

The age of my striker duo is starting to show and their curve is pointing downwards. I decided to start playing two of my younglings this season, a 21 year old I just bought for a hefty sum and a 19 year old wonderkid. The season started out rather slowly for my new duo and they weren't putting in the expected performances and then one of them came down with a shorter injury. Put one of my oldies back on the pitch to cover for the injury and lets say he hasn't left since. Sofar he has scored 17 goals in 11 games and his young collegue is now at 33 goals in 34 games.

I always try to have at least one experinced player at all levels of the field, defense, midfield and attack, whenever it is possible and this was probably my first and last attempt at swapping away all the experience at once.

some regen i had who was average for about 5 years jsut played here and there anyways i had no right winger apart from this guy my other two wigners were out with a broken leg and the oher had some long term injury and this regen who never had a overall rating over 7 suddenly destroyed any team he came up agaisnt for about 30 games but on the down side the season after he went back to been average

i thought that Daniel Sturridge was going to be class after putting in a great season with bolton on loan, needless to say he proved me wrong by playing complete and utter cack, forcing me to keep him only as i need him for my english player quota, but yet he gets called up to the england squad and scores hattricks, it must be my tactics !

Archived