The closest you've come to winning/losing.

What's the closest you've come to winning/losing your season?

i.e. I was 1860 Munich and was in the relegation play-off with Karlsruhe, about to get relegated until my striker scored in the 91st minute to keep me in the Bundesliga!

Post your nail-biting achievements, top or bottom of the league!

I think my most memorable close run thing was back on FM08. I was Sirocco Works from Northern Ireland and had spent decades building them up to be competitive in the Champions League group stages. I had a run of good luck and found myself in the final against Valencia. At half time we were leading 2-0, by the end of the game we had lost 3-2 :(

I was completely devastated after that defeat, just couldn't see us ever getting a chance like that again. Didn't play another game on that save :D

I think my most memorable close run thing was back on FM08. I was Sirocco Works from Northern Ireland and had spent decades building them up to be competitive in the Champions League group stages. I had a run of good luck and found myself in the final against Valencia. At half time we were leading 2-0, by the end of the game we had lost 3-2 :(

I was completely devastated after that defeat, just couldn't see us ever getting a chance like that again. Didn't play another game on that save :D

Thats more than enough to contemplate never playing again!

I once had another save, got to the champions lge semis, 4-0 up from 1st leg, 4-4 after 17mins of the 2nd leg. Never been so fuming! Didn't play it for a couple of weeks after that.

As Dynamo Dresden I was 5-0 down after the first leg of the CL semi's against Athletico Madrid. Then I won the second leg 7-1 at home which was pride inducing. However sadly I lost 2-1 in the final with a last minute penalty. In the same game every single one of my EC matches with Poland went to penalties, and I won them all apart from the one in the final...

Archived