Unhappy Player!!!

In October (Game date) I fined one of my players a week wages for getting a second yellow in an important match. He came to me saying he was unhappy and the conversation did not go well. He has now been unhappy with me for a year and unfortunately he is one of my key players. What can I do to stop him crying and make him happy again?

Give him a new contract, or find ways in conversation to boost his morale and opinion of you (e.g. praise him when he plays well). Do this often. If he won't even talk to you, though, you're in trouble.

You probably shouldn't fine players for second yellows, by the way. Just issue a warning. One week fine for a straight red that was non-violent, two week fine for straight reds that were for vicious fouls.

This part of the game is a real pain. When I took over United I accidentally took the captain's armband off Vidic and he was unhappy for about a year despite playing regularly and getting praise for Man of Match performances. At the start of the next season though he was grand. It's funny when you talk to them they go "So, what have I done now?"

Is there any correlation between an unhappy playing and then say getting ~0.4 rating less in a match than say if they were happy.

I too usually give 1 week's fine for 2 yellows as the player should know better as well as 2 weeks for a straight red.

generally i give a warning for 2 yellows and a 1 week fine for a straight red and rarely have no complaints. every now and then i'll be a bit stricter but thats when i know the players personality. sometimes its best to be over cautious.

had a similar situation with a player once and he was unhappy for 3 seasons and everything i tried failed. had to renew his contract with FMRTE otherwise i'd have lost him for nothing

generally i give a warning for 2 yellows and a 1 week fine for a straight red and rarely have no complaints. every now and then i'll be a bit stricter but thats when i know the players personality. sometimes its best to be over cautious.

had a similar situation with a player once and he was unhappy for 3 seasons and everything i tried failed. had to renew his contract with FMRTE otherwise i'd have lost him for nothing

So you cheated?

yeah i did. i deemed that it was an unrealistic reaction from a player and having seen a few too many like this felt that it wasn't right so i rectified it. upped his wages from £40k to £90k

It's part and parcel of the game and it's a little sad that you felt you had to resort to this. In the FM world it would be unrealistic for Carlos Tevez to be unhappy on 250k a week. But he is.

But each to their own.

Archived