FIXTURE PILE UP!!!

I've seen worse, but that was in Iceland. I never have sympathy for fixture pile-ups. They only usually result out of lots of success or being unfortunate enough to always happen to have your games postponed against other teams who are having lots of success.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No sympathy??

Oh sorry, I'll just lose all my games then?!?!?!

I'm in the semis of the CL, final of the FA Cup and Newcastle & Everton (who I'm scheduled to play) are in the semis of the UEFA.

Arsenal & Man Utd have a lovely run in of playing on Weds and Sats.

If I pull this off, I'll be manager of the millenium!!

It's just the cost of success. Why should someone feel sympathy for those players who get paid idiotic amounts of money to play 90 minutes football out of every 48 hours over the course of 8 days?

Lower league teams often have to do similar with way smaller squads. If you are challenging on all fronts then it goes without saying you need a big squad.

FernandoTorres - I have sympathy with you as I am in the same predicament.

I also agree with the other guys and agree that this is the price of success and good cup runs.

This is why i have a big squad so i can rest some players and bring in other good players to cover for them. You have to prioritise and decide which game is more important and then use your best players for these games and use your squad players for the other games.

Well, I've managed to win a couple...have just beaten Inter in the CL semi (unfortuntely it went to pens so my players are even more knackered!)..... and am now about to enter the 'week of death'!!!

Wish me luck!

Squad:

Reina

Carson

Alves

Barragan

Bale

Insua

Garay

Agger

Albiol

Mascherano

Javi Martinez

Riquelme

Babel

Jesus Navas

Silva

Adriano

Berbatov

Aguero

Torres, Richards, Van der Vaart and Lucas are all in the reserves with long-term injuries.

...unbelievably we beat barca FOUR - NIL!!!!

Played a 4-5-1, with Albiol in anchor man-marking Eto'o. They had Ronaldinho on the left, but starting at only 78%, so I told my team to go in hard on him.

Anyway, Adriano ran rampant up-front and scored 2 with Garay getting the others!

WOOOO! I'm so made up! Was doing victory laps of the Kitchen with me Tea Cup!!!

It's great when you see players doing exactly as you've told them. Albiol played his role to perfection.

I don't think the game models fatigue very well at all. I remember on an older version Spurs had a similar fixture pile up and I was rubbing my hands with glee as I was their final opponent and I assumed they'd all be knackered. I think they went either close or actually beat me, wasn't too happy then. The AI teams are always chucking in players with as low as 70% fitness, whereas I never play anyone from the start who has less than say 85%.

Fixtures is another thing thats never been fixed! I won the champ league 2 years running only to find that the season starts and everyone has played 6 games. So i'm sitting bottom of the league, having played 0 games, board not happy, me not happy.also playing league cup games on a saturday?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rinso:

nothing you can do about it unfortunately. time for some rafa-esque squad rotation!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean play Dirk Kuyt constantly while your team goes down the toilet? I think I'd pass on that kind of managerial style.

That's not a surprise. That only way to get around is to have 2x with equally (or almost).

I have 24 first team players and normally squad rotate.

From the team listed, seems like you have more than enough money to get 1 or 2 more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

I'm currently playing a new game at Farsley Celtic, so I absolutely do not have that problem! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I've just finished my second season at St Albans City in the BSP, and the end of the season came down to four games in 8 days and then a weeks break to the last one, for no reason that I can easily comprehend.

Won one, drew one, lost two.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daftpunk141207:

how much ****ing money do u have!? and...where is gerrard!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my 1st season I offloaded Gerrard, Alonso and Carragher for well over £70m in total. Also got rid of a load of the other dead wood (did all this after the jan window ended, so I'd still have them for rest of season but then they'd be off).

Then spent nearly 6 months 'tapping up' my prospective buys and putting in poor offers until they cracked and put in a transfer request (Silva, Aguero etc). Adriano is easy to get for a decent price anyway as Inter want rid and Riquelme you can get on a free.

Navas came as part of the Alonso deal and Alves came when Sevilla went bankrupt as a result of the Alonso deal! icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike A:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

I'm currently playing a new game at Farsley Celtic, so I absolutely do not have that problem! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I've just finished my second season at St Albans City in the BSP, and the end of the season came down to four games in 8 days and then a weeks break to the last one, for no reason that I can easily comprehend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh oh...

Archived