Found something new on the game today?

I found something new on the game today.

I looked through some of the clauses I had placed on earlier transfer sales and found that I could receive a cash payment to remove said clause. Those with a black arrow had an option on them

Works really well for players who have dropped in value since selling them

Couple of questions;

1) Anyone else use it?

2) How many versions of FM has it been in?

Feel free to post something you've found out about the game recently

Use it all the time as it seems to net more money; it was on the last version.

I found out a player trained at your club (0-21) doesn't count towards champions league limits(bug), and it's completely random whether they show as 0-21 or 15-21.

I also found out if a player achieves "natural" position rating he can still lose it when you stop training it. How is that "natural"? And is it really right to take 10% of his training for life if I want to play a MC as a AMC?

I made a load of these. I buy 10 or so 16yo at the start of the season and at best get 2 that will turn out to be 1st team players. Rest i sell for market value or just above when they turn 19 but add 50% of future sale. Had a few players who i have sold for under 2mil and got 7-8mil out of the clause.

Did miss out on 17mil this season. Sold a 27yo for 41mil but didn't bother with the clause only for him to be sold 2 seasons later for 34mil.

Just had a weird one. Sold a player to Rangers for 1.2mil and 50% of next sale. Rangers sold him at the start of the season for 8.25mil so should have got 4mil then but i still have the clause and sold it for 11mil.

I also found out if a player achieves "natural" position rating he can still lose it when you stop training it. How is that "natural"? And is it really right to take 10% of his training for life if I want to play a MC as a AMC?

The higher a player's versatility the more chance he has of retaining the ability achieved in a position. (when trained and played in it)

Just spotted an example of an "unrealistic" clause.

Sold a 2** PA striker to Liverpool for 600k. Already a good deal, if you ask me - as he came through my youth system. Liverpool also offered to pay me 15% profit of the next transfer fee. (I did not ask for this).

PeterboroughUnitedTransfers_Clauses.png

So, now my board have negotiated a release clause of £1.17m.

That's ideal for me! Not so much for Liverpool.

They would have had to sell him on for £8.4m to pay out that kind of clause.

Never would have happened - never played a game in his life.

Yeh noticed it before.

I noticed it when I was in the buying every youngster that was highly recommened in the hope they would turn into good players for me. I had an excess of players so I sold the one's that turned just 20 and had no hope of getting into my team as it stood. But I always made sure to include a transfer clause so that I would receive 50% of the future transfer fee.

Worked out pretty well and made lots of cash off it in sales when some players became world class and moved onto another club in their mid 20's.

So I noticed it when I was checking through the transfer clauses when I was poking around.

Nice to get a 50% of a €30m transfer fee for a player that you bought for €2m, sold for €8m and didn't really play for you.

Just spotted an example of an "unrealistic" clause.

Sold a 2** PA striker to Liverpool for 600k. Already a good deal, if you ask me - as he came through my youth system. Liverpool also offered to pay me 15% profit of the next transfer fee. (I did not ask for this).

So, now my board have negotiated a release clause of £1.17m.

That's ideal for me! Not so much for Liverpool.

They would have had to sell him on for £8.4m to pay out that kind of clause.

Never would have happened - never played a game in his life.

You didn't turn it down then? ;)

Sometimes its better to cash in early and sometimes it isnt. I was very much in the mindset of always cashing in early until I sold one of my best youth prospects (because he was constantly disrupting the team and going to the media because he wasnt getting first team football - he was only 18) to Lazio for £7.5m with a 20% on profit release clause. I sold the clause a short time later for about £1.5m. 3 years later he was sold to Real Madrid for £45m :(

The higher a player's versatility the more chance he has of retaining the ability achieved in a position. (when trained and played in it)

Surely the only reason a player should lose his position is if he is being used or trained in a different one? If it's now become his primary position he's effectively forgetting it for no reason.

Versitility should affect the number they can learn and how quickly, but they should forget positions not being used first. IE if a LB learns to be a LW and is being played there, he wouldn't forget how to play on the LW, he would forget the LB position.

Archived