Sort it out SI

So Andy Carrol wants to leave, I told him that I would sell him asap and he was happy so I offered him out but he's set to stay after his recent arrival, as he's reluctant to leave. O'really? Okay then, not much I can do about that, pretty annoying but I guess I'll have to wait 6 months. But whats this, a few weeks later he's put in a transfer request. Oh joy, now I can sell the donkey! so I offer him out to some clubs and I get the message"Carrol set to stay after recent arrival, Carrols reluctance to leave following his recent arrival has put clubs off from making offers". Sort it out SI for goodness sake. Such basic and shoddy bugs really do ruin the game.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, Maroane Chamakh asked for a transfer a couple of weeks before the season ended, so i said "i'll sell you at the end of the season", he said "great". so at the end of the season i told him i was putting him on the transfer list! then he gets annoyed about it!! anyway i sold him asap for £8 mil!

lol, Maroane Chamakh asked for a transfer a couple of weeks before the season ended, so i said "i'll sell you at the end of the season", he said "great". so at the end of the season i told him i was putting him on the transfer list! then he gets annoyed about it!! anyway i sold him asap for £8 mil!

I didn't read that last word and thought it read "Sold him for £8".

Aye, the Private Chat system does have a tendency to produce completely nonsensical and idiotic situations/outcomes. I spent about 3 years having back-and-forths with konchesky, trying to force him out of the club. I'd offer him out for £0, he'd tell me he was unhappy at being on the transfer list. So I tell him I don't see a future for him and for some reason, he backs down and decides that me telling him he has no future at the club is reason enough to be satisfied with life at the club and not want to go anywhere. Then I'd offer Mutual Termination, same conversation: Konchesky is unhappy; I say he has no future; He backs down and becomes happy about the whole thing. If I tell him he has no future he should acknowledge it rather than saying "I now see it from your point of view" and rejecting the one transfer offer I got for him in 3 years of monthly offer-outs.

had the problem with kieta in barcelona- after a year or two he comes up to me and asks to be transfer listed if he doesn't get any game time, I promise that he will go at the end of year, and he seems happy about it. I Offer him to other clubs but no one excepts so i asked for a mutual termination but he gets offended with me then i tell him why and hes ok with it and content to train with Xavi. Really confused by it all.

Another problem is the improve contract, when you refuse a offer for a new and tell him to prove that he deserves it and he accepts within two weeks he demands to be transfer listed as he hasn't got a new contract (Had it with adam johnson with man city)

I like the following private chat:

"I want first team football"

"Okay I'll find a new club for you as soon as possible"

"I appreciate that and I hope you'll keep your promise...what else is there to talk about?"

"I think you should consider terminating your contract - it will allow us to save on wages and you to find a new club"

"I'm shocked to be honest...."

I never had any gripes years ago and now all I seem to do is stumble upon the most ridiculously irritating bugs. It comes across as laziness on SI's part as they knew that some of these bugs were there, but they went ahead and released the game anyway as so many people are happy to buy an unfinished game. But what really gets me is the fact that after three patches, it's still there. So they've never really finished the game before churning out an add on or an up date which they have the cheek to call 'a new game'.

And for **** sake, how can they leave out some of the minimum transfer fees in Spain? That's just unforgivable. How hard would it have been to put that in there? And agents, they've almost broken any long term game at high levels.

I was reading the thread "falling out of love with FM" and I have to say, I'm completely in agreement because of some of the things I've mentioned (some other stuff as well but thats a whole new thread).

When did it all go wrong in the FM series?

I never had any gripes years ago and now all I seem to do is stumble upon the most ridiculously irritating bugs. It's just pure laziness on SI's part as they knew that some of these bugs were there, but they went ahead and released the game anyway as so many people are happy to buy an unfinished game. But what really gets me is the fact that after three patches, it's still there. So they've never really finished the game before churning out an add on or an up date which they have the cheek to call 'a new game'.

And for **** sake, how can they leave out minimum transfer fees in Spain? That's just unforgivable. How hard would it have been to put that in there? And agents, they've pretty much broken any long term game at high levels.

I was reading the thread "falling out of love with FM" and I have to say, I'm completely in agreement because of crap like this. It's inexcusable. SI have truly lost the plot.

Remember to sleep and dont drink that much coffee..

Some of these bugs, I agree, are annoying.. not game-breaking, but annoying. I only play long-term games and I've never ever seen a single problem with agents and cannot really see why people get so annoyed with them. And the game isnt "unfinished".. it just has bugs.

ALL games have bugs.. For instance.. I just played Deus Ex: Human Revolution yesterday.. the game is RIDDLED with bugs.. most are hard to spot and just about all of them are in the "slightly annoying" category. Its the same with FM.. it probably has 100's of bugs.. you'll most likely never see 90% of them and the rest are primarily minor things.. not even 1% will be gamebreaking.. unless you are EXTREMELY nitpicky and call some minor bug gamebreaking.. something ALOT of people do!

However, if you should be a unlucky one where the game crashes or your savegame corrupts.. well then I think it is a good time to get annoyed. But getting annoyed to the point that you call it "crap" and "inexcusable" because of a player is unhappy and contradicting himself.. well.. you need to get out more, tbh.. :)

Remember to sleep and dont drink that much coffee..

Some of these bugs, I agree, are annoying.. not game-breaking, but annoying. I only play long-term games and I've never ever seen a single problem with agents and cannot really see why people get so annoyed with them. And the game isnt "unfinished".. it just has bugs.

ALL games have bugs.. For instance.. I just played Deus Ex: Human Revolution yesterday.. the game is RIDDLED with bugs.. most are hard to spot and just about all of them are in the "slightly annoying" category. Its the same with FM.. it probably has 100's of bugs.. you'll most likely never see 90% of them and the rest are primarily minor things.. not even 1% will be gamebreaking.. unless you are EXTREMELY nitpicky and call some minor bug gamebreaking.. something ALOT of people do!

However, if you should be a unlucky one where the game crashes or your savegame corrupts.. well then I think it is a good time to get annoyed. But getting annoyed to the point that you call it "crap" and "inexcusable" because of a player is unhappy and contradicting himself.. well.. you need to get out more, tbh.. :)

Just because you aren't bothered with bugs that ruin immersion in a supposedly immersive game, doesn't mean you should be getting personal to get your point across.

Some of the bugs are inexcusable, it's as simple as that. There is no excuse and I don't think SI have even bothered to make any which sort of proves my point. How do you leave out something like no minimum fee's in Spain? You think that's okay in a sim? It's been in every other version, and thats just the tip of the iceberg.

Some of the bugs are inexcusable, it's as simple as that. There is no excuse and I don't think SI have even bothered to make any which sort of proves my point. How do you leave out something like no minimum fee's in Spain? You think that's okay in a sim? It's been in every other version, and thats just the tip of the iceberg.

1. If they're 'inexcusable' as you say, what would be the point in coming up with excuses?

2. Hardly gamebreaking is it?

3. Indulge us with these other supposedly gamebreaking bugs

1. If they're 'inexcusable' as you say, what would be the point in coming up with excuses?

2. Hardly gamebreaking is it?

3. Indulge us with these other supposedly gamebreaking bugs

They haven't come up with ANY excuses for some of the bugs, so that completely proves my point.

Not any where did I say anything about "game breaking". So indulge yourself and read the thread more thoroughly.

I never had any gripes years ago and now all I seem to do is stumble upon the most ridiculously irritating bugs. It's just pure laziness on SI's part as they knew that some of these bugs were there, but they went ahead and released the game anyway as so many people are happy to buy an unfinished game. But what really gets me is the fact that after three patches, it's still there. So they've never really finished the game before churning out an add on or an up date which they have the cheek to call 'a new game'.

And for **** sake, how can they leave out minimum transfer fees in Spain? That's just unforgivable. How hard would it have been to put that in there? And agents, they've pretty much broken any long term game at high levels.

I was reading the thread "falling out of love with FM" and I have to say, I'm completely in agreement because of crap like this. It's inexcusable. SI have truly lost the plot.

Not sure what fm your playing but minimum release fee's work on my fm11 and always have, And as for patches and this might just be me but dose it matter if there's 1 patch or 10 at least there made and at least SI try to improve and fix the game, not evey company dose this

This. I mean where did it all go so wrong.

As a series it's only sold a mere 7 million copies plus worldwide and has obviously not topped the UK and many European PC charts for the last seven years. It's not even as if it's amassed over 108 weeks at no.1 in the UK to date. What a crock! A decent game would have had ten of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time, and 5 in the UK's top 20..... oh.... wait....

:D

They haven't come up with ANY excuses for some of the bugs, so that completely proves my point.

Not any where did I say anything about "game breaking". So indulge yourself and read the thread more thoroughly.

In your first thread you say bugs like this ruin the game. Ruin the game is synonymous with game breaking.

There are loads missing.

Great job on the update by the way!

Hmm i've not really noticed to be honest as im playing in england but when i've check a player in spain all i've seen so far have minimum release fees

As a series it's only sold a mere 7 million copies plus worldwide and has obviously not topped the UK and many European PC charts for the last seven years. It's not even as if it's amassed over 108 weeks at no.1 in the UK to date. What a crock! A decent game would have had ten of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time, and 5 in the UK's top 20..... oh.... wait....

So, selling a lot of copies means it's okay to have bugs and not finish games? Brilliant logic.

See, that's the problem isn't it? Units. It's all about how many units are shifted. Quantity over quality. SI sold millions of copies using there name and reputation so it's job done, right? But that doesn't bode well for future games because it's sending out the wrong message.

In your first thread you say bugs like this ruin the game. Ruin the game is synonymous with game breaking.

Now you're just being pedantic.

Me saying that something is "ruining the game" is in not me saying that these problems are game breaking bugs. You're taking it completely out of context, but I think we both know that.

Just because it is the best game of a very niche genre doesn't mean it is great. It means the other contenders are even worse.

That is the problem when you have no real competition - the product just doesn't need to get better and you can overlook problems for a very long time.

Not quite the same, but I have had players asking to be placed on the transfer list AND to be removed from the transfer list later the same day...

Back in '10 I had a player stating he wanted to be removed from the transfer list and stay at the club after all a day or two after agreeing a contract at another club...

Now you're just being pedantic.

Me saying that something is "ruining the game" is in not me saying that these problems are game breaking bugs. You're taking it completely out of context, but I think we both know that.

Ok so how do bugs like this 'ruin the game'?, since its actually you who's being pedantic and insist we use your wording instead.

Ok so how do bugs like this 'ruin the game'?, since its actually you who's being pedantic and insist we use your wording instead.

It doesnt really matter how they ruin the game. The point is they ruin the game for dking. You might think its fine and they dont really bother you, but were not all like you are we.

Just because it is the best game of a very niche genre doesn't mean it is great. It means the other contenders are even worse.

That is the problem when you have no real competition - the product just doesn't need to get better and you can overlook problems for a very long time.

Yes but even if there was competion do you not still think fm would be releases with bugs ? of course it would its not a publicity stunt SI would't just think oh look we've got competion time to get rid of all them bugs, It dose't work like that

It doesnt really matter how they ruin the game. The point is they ruin the game for dking. You might think its fine and they dont really bother you, but were not all like you are we.

Pfft, is stuff like this makes him this annoyed he needs to have a long hard look at himself. It is a GAME (no matter what they say about it being a simulation) If he doesn't like it he doesn't have to buy it.

Pfft, is stuff like this makes him this annoyed he needs to have a long hard look at himself. It is a GAME (no matter what they say about it being a simulation) If he doesn't like it he doesn't have to buy it.

I get annoyed with the game, it doesn't actually affect my real life as your vague post almost implies. But I'll take on board your psychiatric evaluation of myself and make an appointment with my shrink and remember to never get annoyed at any FM game ever again. :rolleyes:

For the record, for me, this game is about immersion, when that immersion is spoiled with silly little bugs, it ruins the game.

And your "pfft he doesn't have to buy the game" comment is so wrong on so many levels I almost can't be bothered to respond to it, but I will - These bugs sometimes take quite a while to find, and sometimes they are never even mentioned, so it isn't until you buy the game and play for a while that you start to notice them and find them for yourself and by that point, you already have the game because you expected better from SI.

Maybe I won't buy the next one, how about that? I probably will though, and I'll come in here, if I find an inexcusable bug, and have a good old moan about it.

Yes but even if there was competion do you not still think fm would be releases with bugs ? of course it would its not a publicity stunt SI would't just think oh look we've got competion time to get rid of all them bugs, It dose't work like that

I think they will pay more attention and fix such obvious and easy to find problems. Bugs with the match engine I understand, because I suppose it is very complicated mathematical model, but there are some really stupid moments with the conversations, which could be avoided. They even released 3 patches after that and ignored it. Sometimes I think their testing consists of playing one season with a top club.

I think they will pay more attention and fix such obvious and easy to find problems. Bugs with the match engine I understand, because I suppose it is very complicated mathematical model, but there are some really stupid moments with the conversations, which could be avoided. They even released 3 patches after that and ignored it. Sometimes I think their testing consists of playing one season with a top club.
But again the bugs aren't left in on purpose to anoy people and those so called easy to fix one ( not sure how you know there easy to fix ?) obviously aren't easy to fix hence why there still there

No need for this to be such a bad tempered thread:) fact is there are plenty of avid fans of the game (me for one) who find a lot of the interaction absolutely cringe making, and that's even when it's working as intended, when it isn't it can indeed ruin the immersion which is the OP's point and a very good one.

I haven't found any examples that haven't been reported and I hope that a lot of the wrinkles get ironed out for FM12, certainly I know first hand that the effort is being made.

It's still very wooden and imo opinion needs a much expanded range of comments and a better and more varied trigger system, it'll probably never really equate to proper conversation but it could do a lot better than it currently does.

Testers don't just play with top teams they're as varied in approach as any cross section of FM players is and some are tasked individually to try and cover as many areas as possible.

Even so the number of possible game scenarios is almost infinite so it's always possible something will never be seen in testing and only come to light once the public have their hands on the beast.

But again the bugs aren't left in on purpose to anoy people and those so called easy to fix one ( not sure how you know there easy to fix ?) obviously aren't easy to fix hence why there still there

I said "easy to find" on purpose, because I knew somebody will be a smartass about it. (sorry mod)

My opinion is these bugs are well known and not fixed on purpose, because with or without weird conversation behavior the game will still be better than the others and developer's time is better spent on making an iOS version to generate more profit.

My understanding is that bugs are to be fixed. Or not introduced at all. The only excuse for not fixing something three patches later (4+ months) is not knowing it is broken or not having the time, but I find it very hard to believe they didn't know the state of the conversation system even before release day.

I don't want to bash SI, but such blind white-knighting baffles me.

I guess anyone that's ever criticised any version, ever, of Microsoft Windows can be put in their place with this logic too then?

Or FIFA on the consoles, when it was clearly worse than PES, but easily outsold it?

I said "easy to find" on purpose, because I knew somebody will be a smartass about it. (sorry mod)

My opinion is these bugs are well known and not fixed on purpose, because with or without weird conversation behavior the game will still be better than the others and developer's time is better spent on making an iOS version to generate more profit.

My understanding is that bugs are to be fixed. Or not introduced at all. The only excuse for not fixing something three patches later (4+ months) is not knowing it is broken or not having the time, but I find it very hard to believe they didn't know the state of the conversation system even before release day.

Typical response from someone who has't a clue how things work or if you do have a clue then please enlighten us more, And im not defending anything i know fm is not perfect i've said this many times on this forum,

But i cant help but post reply's to people like yourself who i know deep down dont really have a clue whats go's on or needs to be done in computer programming but pretend they do that baffles me

That is the biggest load of nonsense, why would they want to release a buggy game? Almost all of the dev's are huge FM fans, nevermind paid employee's, why would they be happy spending their time playing a game they know they intentionally made faulty??

Posts like this really annoy me.

I often get "X wants to move into a bigger club" and promise to sell them. Then when I offer him to clubs the player gets upset for being forced out. :mad:

If if he wants to move to a bigger club then use the option to convince he's a valued part of your set-up......did you not see that option?

I'd use that if you want to keep him

SI has a really terrible record at fixing bugs. So I'm not holding out much hope that this will be fixed.

I'd like to see the evidence you base this on. Really - its good people have the freedom of speech but if you are going to say that at least back it with fact else someone will think you've made it it up and will lose credibility - Thanks

If if he wants to move to a bigger club then use the option to convince he's a valued part of your set-up......did you not see that option?

I'd use that if you want to keep him

Can't keep him, because he is in the last year and asking for too much money.

milnerpoint, right after the bolded part is the "why".

wally13, I actually have an idea and I'm used to higher standards.

Can't keep him, he is in the last year and asking for too much money.

We all have higher standard but that dose't mean there realistic ones

Can't keep him, because he is in the last year and asking for too much money.

So you really believe they intentionally dont fix the bugs?

My opinion is these bugs are well known and not fixed on purpose/blind white-knighting baffles me.

I find this a bit baffling. It just isn't true.

Just because you aren't bothered with bugs that ruin immersion in a supposedly immersive game, doesn't mean you should be getting personal to get your point across.

Hmm.. when did I get personal? - because I said you need to get out more? If what I said in that sentence is true, then you really need to get out more.. its nothing "personal" about it.. its not like I said you were an idiot or anything.

What I think is simply childish and pointless of your post (again.. not personal.. I dont think YOU are childish and pointless.. just your post is ;)) is that you actually think that SI leaves bugs in the game and then avoid talking about them. I can assure you they keep track of ALL known bugs and often comment on threads on the forums regarding said bugs. Of course they dont comment on ALL threads, but I would bet money on that they have commented on at least 1 thread on each bug. Remember that most bugs have probably generated 10's or 100's of threads on the forums over time.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion on FM and of course there is NOTHING wrong with posting a thread much like this one. The thread even started just fine, but then you start to write things like "inexcusable" and "Sort it out SI" and "unforgivable" and not to forget: "So they've never really finished the game before churning out an add on or an up date which they have the cheek to call 'a new game'.".. well then you come across in a negative way and makes you look more like one of those "I lost against a smaller team and therefore the game is crap". Just say what you feel is wrong and let SI look into it.. and then keep the "inexcusable" and "unforgivable" nonsense to yourself as it wont help you or your post in any positive way.

Why on earth the bugs wouldnt be fixed 'on purpose' is just a completely odd thing to say.

Its been acknowledged and said across a number of different forums, for all of the games that SI have released over the years, that there are bugs in the game when it is released. Testers find hundreds, possibly thousands of bugs, when testing the game, and I have no doubt inform SI of every one that they find, as this is their job. SI, unfortunately, do not have the time to fix every single one of the bugs so have to prioritise which ones they fix, ie the most important/potentially game altering ones. No matter how many bugs SI fix there will always be new ones because when the game code is altered it means other bugs may then appear elsewhere in the game.

I have absolutely no doubt that SI is a company full of football loving people who are determined to produce the best game they possibly can. However, I am not an SI fanboy, and have been openly critical of them on these very forums on previous occasions. It must be said, in all my years of gaming, I have never come across a game which is still being patched/fixed/updated 3 or 4 months after the initial release (whether that be bugs, improvements or transfer updates).

Archived