Chairman 'x' feels the offer is too good to refuse...

I think you can still offer the player a new deal regardless wether a bid is accepted or not, at least you used to be able to! Just offer him a new contract, if he likes your offer better he will stay with you.

I think you can still offer the player a new deal regardless wether a bid is accepted or not, at least you used to be able to! Just offer him a new contract, if he likes your offer better he will stay with you.

I'm sure you can aswell!

I had this too, I just assumed it was SI's way of stopping you getting around the chairman over-ruling you, as IRL I doubt a chariman would accept an offer too good to refuse, then offer the player a contract to jeopardise the deal and stop the massive sum of money coming that they will receive.

I had this too, I just assumed it was SI's way of stopping you getting around the chairman over-ruling you, as IRL I doubt a chariman would accept an offer too good to refuse, then offer the player a contract to jeopardise the deal and stop the massive sum of money coming that they will receive.

This +1 :thup:

I agree with b) & c), I'd quite like an option to discuss the transfer and even offer my resignation as an ultimatum.

Disagree with a) though, I think it was a good move to get rid the ability to offer a new contract when the board has accepted a bid. Especially since it is usually the board that would handle/approve new contracts!

This is one area that makes the game real for me. Unless you are with a club that has secure finances then you should expect, even if you don't like it. Villa and Blackburn didn't want to sell Young and Jones to Man Utd but it is a fact of life.

I see it as adding another, realistic challenge to the game. The only option I would like to see is the chance to speak to the board and designate who you would preferred sold. After that it is your job to find a replacement.

Why would the board accept an offer that is too good to refuse, then let you offer a better contract?

That said, the board should always interact with you before accepting. Even if they came to you and said "So and so have bid X amount, we're going to accept it as it's too good to knock back" and you would have a right of response, same as board requests.

Yeah I quite enjoy this aspect to the game, though i do feel that if you are a manager who has achieved top level success with the club, such as CL and EPL titles, and the club is financially secure, then this should happen. It's funny, I've seen a few times Tottenham selling Bale for £20m. That is unfair on the player.

Archived