League rep increase, how long dose it take?

im interested in starting a new game (killing time till fm12 :p ) with a really crap side/league, something like chimney corner, but im unsure how long it takes to increase the league rep.

i ask because if it takes an age i might not bother :) although saying that im not expecting somthing quick either :D

In my game in Faroe Islands I've taken the league from around 250-ish (I think) and up to 51st place (surpassing the Turkish premier League :D)

However it has taken me 20+ seasons so far. My aim is to get a direct CL-spot (which means 12th place in the nation-ranking (currently, in the game, Faroe Islands are 27th)

So it does take a long time..a and I've even performed well I think.. the problem is as underwater sunlight says that the other team have to perform also, which they do not in my game.. (even if I've posted £30m into the other Faroese teams they dont really get results in europe.. :()

its took me about 16/17 seasons to get Scotland into the European top 5, league wise, but i have manipulated results to get it where it is.

To what extent? Reloading to get other teams to win in Europe?

I'm curious to hear how possible it is to raise a nation's reputation without influencing anything apart from the club I'm managing. I'm considering trying something like that with FM12.

To what extent? Reloading to get other teams to win in Europe?

I'm curious to hear how possible it is to raise a nation's reputation without influencing anything apart from the club I'm managing. I'm considering trying something like that with FM12.

Yeah basically after about 6/7 seasons i started making sure all teams in Scotland (except myself) made it to the group stages of Europe, i needed to do that for about 8 seasons which was a chore but now the Scottish league is very strong player wise, Hearts, Rangers and Celtic are all in the European top 20 clubs and the likes of Partick Thistle, Motherwell are in the top 30. Its just a shame the SPL's dynamic prize money is so limited, i now have to chuck money into each club each season to keep them on the same level.

Archived