Is this a good deal???

Hey guys, well i have searched long and hard for a new laptop and i came acroos this fujitsu one. I just wanted to know how good Fujitsu laptops are and if it is worth the price, because to be honest i cant find much better for 379.00 with a dedicated graphics card, my budget is £450 but even that is costly. So can you please have a look at this one or recommend me a cheap one if you can. I only play manager games on my pc and i need something that will last for a good while. Thanks

http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy-FUJITSU-AH530-EG-Laptop/685739#product_desciption

i3 is the lowest spec of Intels new 'i' series. It's still (generally) better than the previous processor types and will do a job for FM as that's what I'm using.

For that price you'll not get anything better, it'll be a lower end of the i3 processor but it'll definitely do the job.

Intel i3 processors are great. yes they are the lowest of the "i" series, however they are much better than dual cores and provide a much faster service. So for the price and i3 will easily do the job. (I have one and it plays fm really well! 5*s) As for fujitsu. They are a massive company, and they are japanese, so they cant be all that bad. However I stick with what i know. For me Packard Bell, HP and ASUS have been the best ive tried

Intel i3 processors are great. yes they are the lowest of the "i" series, however they are much better than dual cores and provide a much faster service. So for the price and i3 will easily do the job. (I have one and it plays fm really well! 5*s) As for fujitsu. They are a massive company, and they are japanese, so they cant be all that bad. However I stick with what i know. For me Packard Bell, HP and ASUS have been the best ive tried

Thabk you very muc. Best help ive gotten.

i3 are the lowest spec. It will run the game. But I fear that in 2 or 3 years you'll be pining for a new one.

Rule of thumb for me is to get the best that's going, that doesn't mean the most expensive.

Technically the i5 processor is not as good as the i7 processor. But i5 processors got an upgrade to the Sandybridge version of the chips, which is actually better than the i7.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/19/the-dual-core-sandy-bridge-laptops-have-arrived-dell-hp-lenov/

Have a look at those systems. They're all better than any i7 one on the market (unless the i7 has the Sandybridge technology of course).

The next thing to look at is RAM. RAM allows BETTER multi-tasking, that is playing music, checking email, surfing the web, working on other documents (like in Word, Pages, Excel). The MORE RAM the BETTER you will be able to multi-task.

With Windows 64 BIT it is ideal to have 4gb of RAM, but you should really aim for a minimum of 6 gb.

With Windows 32 BIT you should definitely get 4 gb (it won't recognise anymore).

Once you get the best processor (i5 sandybridge) with the most amount of RAM you can get - then everything else will be fine.

=======================================================

That system there has a 2.4ghz processor (i3-370M) which is FINE for football manager.

It has 4 gb or RAM (but it doesn't state if it's Windows 7 64 bit or 32 Bit - check that out before you buy, if it's 32 bit then fine. If it's 64 bit then ask for more RAM)

Everything else on it is just fine.

If you can - look up Laptops with i3 Sandybridge - which will probably outperform the standard i5 processor (but not the i5 processor with the Sandybridge technology).

===============

All in all - it's a good laptop - but I think you could do better for £50 - £100 more and have a computer that could last longer. Essentially saving you money down the road.

Archived