XML PARSING ERROR not well-formed (Invalid token)

I recently bought a new laptop and installed fm 11 on it and now i'm constantly getting different forms of the 'XML PARSING ERROR not well-formed (Invalid token)'. Most

of the time it happens when i click the shortcut for the game. Sometimes I cannot load a game because of it and sometimes it pops up randomly when I'm doing something general on the game e.g. clicking the tactics screen. I've already lost a very good Crawley save and I really dont want to be losing any other good saves I get. I've tried reinstalling the game numerous times, I've deleted save files which i think may be corrupted and ive deleted the settings folder alot. On my computer this never happened once.What can I do to get rid of these stupid error messages?

• 8 months later...

Never had any problems with my fm game until now. I also have the same problem when i open my fm it comes up with that message but has stopped now once i deleted the fm 12 file on app data, i then ran it again and a new file was created. However my fm opens fine and loads my other saved game but when i try to load my other one (the one i have been playing) it goes to load like a quick flash then comes up with the little box saying the saved game could not be loaded I then deleted the settings folder and it didnt work so deleted the cache folder and it didnt work. I save regularly but not sure whether i have the auto save thing enabled and last saved it today and havent had any previous problems with it. Can anyone tell me what i need to do so i can access it again? any help would be great. Would i also be able to send the file in to be checked out to see if anyonce can sort out the problem.

Never had any problems with my fm game until now. I also had the same problem when i open my fm it comes up with that message but has stopped now once i deleted the fm 12 file on app data, i then ran it again and a new file was created. However my fm opens fine now and loads my other saved game but when i try to load my other one (the one i have been playing) it goes to load like a quick flash then comes up with the little box saying the saved game could not be loaded. So I then deleted the settings folder and it didnt work so deleted the cache folder and it didnt work. I save regularly but not sure whether i have the auto save thing enabled and last saved it today and havent had any previous problems with it. Can anyone tell me what i need to do so i can access it again? any help would be great. Would i also be able to send the file in to be checked out to see if anyonce can sort out the problem.

Never had any problems with my fm game until now. I also had the same problem when i open my fm it comes up with that message but has stopped now once i deleted the fm 12 file on app data, i then ran it again and a new file was created. However my fm opens fine now and loads my other saved game but when i try to load my other one (the one i have been playing) it goes to load like a quick flash then comes up with the little box saying the saved game could not be loaded. So I then deleted the settings folder and it didnt work so deleted the cache folder and it didnt work. I save regularly but not sure whether i have the auto save thing enabled and last saved it today and havent had any previous problems with it. Can anyone tell me what i need to do so i can access it again? any help would be great. Would i also be able to send the file in to be checked out to see if anyonce can sort out the problem. This is on Fm 2012, please help really frustrating had a great game going.

Archived