Really old save game (CM4)

Now then,

I was going through a load of old CDs and I found a really old CM4 saved game (I remember doing 38 seasons with Bayern Munich on this game and this save I found is called Bayern and is quite large)

I thought I might as well try load it up and see if I remember anything but I installed the game and put the save game in the 'games' folder and when I go to load it up it takes ages then says something about running low on memory and then says that I have ran out of memory and the game will be closed.

I tried to patch the game with 4.0.5 and load, still no joy. Then 4.0.7 still no joy then finally 4.0.8 and still no joy (I had all the patches on a CD too)

I would love to play this game again and was wondering if anyone could help me.

What OS are you running it on?

I had a old CM03/04 save, which was basically the update to CM4, running fine on my Vista laptop.

Had exactly the same thing as you: an old CD with a bunch of old saves and tactics on it! Some happy memories as well. :)

it works on Win7 for me aswell

Well done on completing 38 seasons on that travesty of a game! Will be fun to look at, I still have some of my classic CM01/02 saves hanging around somewhere, including a 50+ season save with Halifax Town.

Archived