Youth Regen Help

Hey guys,

I've just signed a 15 year old germany striker. He looks like he could be something special!

I was wondering whats the best way to develop him? Do you usually loan them out? or keep them in the under 18s or good enough for reserves squad?

Any tips would be great.

Cheers

Well you have to keep him until he's 17 at least so that limits your options for 2 years. Then it depends, if you're prepared to give him games keep him in your team, if not, loan him out a few times, but make sure the teams you loan him too are offering first team football, and are preferably from an active league.

You need to make sure that he becomes professional and ambitious enough to reach his full potential.

The only way to do this unless he already has a good personality, is to tutor him with a couple of Determined, Professional and Ambitious players who can play in his position. Read this tread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/16356-FM-Personality-Guide for more information on personalities.

Don't loan him out until you are done tutoring him, and not if he could get something like ten games in the 1st XI for you during a season (against weak opposition preferably). If you send him out on loan, make sure it is to a club that will play him regularly and that the manager in that club is a good one using a good tactic. He will not develop much unless his average rating is 7.0 or above, and another danger when out on loan is injuries. AI managers don't know that knocks increase the chance of more serious injuries and therefore continue to play him even at very low condition - something which makes at least one long-term injury likely while on loan.

If he has strong physical stats, reduce the aerobic and strength training until you can go intensive on two of the key categories (and vice versa). If he has few weaknesses but also few strengths, try to balance his training more by setting the important categories to high while increasing aerobics compared to the standard training schedules. Each "click" on physical training equals two clicks on the others but at the same time they are more potent. I usually set the overall workload to the last click on Medium, before High.

Incidently how do you sign a 15 year old as in FM10 it seems you have to wait until they are 17....what am I missing?

You can sign players as young as 14 (the lowest I've seen) in FM10. If you tell me what it is that appears to make you wait till they are 17 I might be able to tell you what you are missing.

xxx

Are you offering full-time pro contracts? Those can only be signed by 17-year-olds and older. Offer a youth contract and you shouldn't need to wait.

You can offer a full time contract and not have to wait. (unless an age restriction is in place in that player's country)

Offer a full time contract and, if accepted, the player will come to your club on the date agreed in the contract. If he is under 17 he will go straight onto your club's youth wage until the agreed full time wage comes into force on his 17th bidet.

I've got Defoe tutoring him. He is fairly ambitious and determination 14. Unfortunatley Defoe is the best i have to tutor. Neymar is too young and Pavlyuchenko isn't any better than Defoe. Defoe is also media-friendly.

Yeah, he can learn new stuff from him, but you have to assess whether it's gonna be good for him or not. Tutoring him just because he's more experience is not the best idea. He might like to discuss with referees and so on. So be careful.

And if you want him to reach his max potential be sure in two years he'll become your second choice striker, and in 3-4 your primary forward. So don't sign any other young strikers right now if you want him to be a beast.

You can offer a full time contract and not have to wait. (unless an age restriction is in place in that player's country)

Offer a full time contract and, if accepted, the player will come to your club on the date agreed in the contract. If he is under 17 he will go straight onto your club's youth wage until the agreed full time wage comes into force on his 17th bidet.

Thanks to you and Scab a light just came on in my head. When I try to sign an under 17 it says you can't offer professional contract until 17. I would normally just leave the screen at that point thinking I was being told that I couldn't sign him. Now I see that I can offer him a youth contract.....doh...thanks guys....think of all that talent I let slip through my fingers over the years!!!

Thanks to you and Scab a light just came on in my head. When I try to sign an under 17 it says you can't offer professional contract until 17. I would normally just leave the screen at that point thinking I was being told that I couldn't sign him. Now I see that I can offer him a youth contract.....doh...thanks guys....think of all that talent I let slip through my fingers over the years!!!

They usually don't accept youth contracts though, if you're managing in England you can offer a proper contract at any age, but it doesn't apply until they're 17, as has been said. Also I think what the text says is that they can't sign a professional contract until they're 17, not that you can't offer one.

I wouldn't let Defoe tutor him, as he is already a model professional. I don't see what he could gain from it. Professionality is the most important attribute for player development. 14 in Determination isn't bad. If you want to tutor him, you should find a real world class striker with model professional or similar personality... if you can't afford that find a 35+ year old super-tutor and buy/sign him for cheap for one year.

I recommend this training schedule for him:

trainingschedulestriker.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And set the training focus to Quickness until he got 15 in pace, then switch to other important attributes so that none of them are less than 15. Then I am sure he will be a world-class striker!

I think Defoe will make the youngster's personality worse, but nothing can be done about it now. I don't tutor youngsters with very good personalities unless I have a tutor with a better one and good determination and I would stay well clear of Pavlyuchenko if his stats are anything like they were in FM10, (Fairly Loyal, Level Headed and Determination 9).

It's successful first team football that helps players develop the most whether in your team or out on loan. It will be a while before he can go on loan so make sure he gets to play in the U18s Cup and reserve games (the staff managing these teams might not select him so help them out by removing the player/s picked in his position).

Only you can make the decisions when to play him in your first team, but if you plan to loan him out in the future bear in mind his reputation, the more he plays for your first team the faster it will rise making it less likely he will accept a loan position at a level best suited to his own.

Hopefully he will develop quickly to a level where you might consider him for rotation in the first team and not have to loan him out.

I am still playing FM10 and don't have first hand knowledge of the training in FM11 but there are plenty around here that do and will be willing to help you out if you need any in that area.

EDIT: My god, how slow is my typing!!

yeah i wouldnt bother with tutoring for that player, he is a model pro there is nothing really you can improve on that, i personally would keep him in the under 19's for a couple of seasons, then give him to a championship team or lower league EPL team for a year, if he does well maybe two, then straight into the first team. A player like that should be relatively easy to turn into a world class one, the hardest part, the personality, is already set up. Even on the standard forwards training he will become a superstart. i would personaly focus on his composure before anything else, that to me is one of the most important striker stats, there is no point in him being super quick and the best finisher in the world if he cannot keep his head in the crunch situations.

If you can raise his determination then I'd tutor him, especially as determination has a massive role in matches, but otherwise it's just about getting him some game time and shaping his attributes with training.

Archived