Made Sir Alex my Assistant Mgr but...

now Im not so sure it will be as helpful as I had hoped. I am a bit lazy on a lot of things in the game, friendlies, both scheduling and playing, team talks and the such. I also like having the Asst. Mgr opinion on signing players and such so I thought having him would be a big help to me.

So I edited the database, I know I cheated somewhat, and started the new season. Right off the bat, I am already questioning the move. When you take over the team, your Assistant always gives you a report on the team and who he thinks is your best player. With Quieroz(sp?) he always said Ronaldo was my best player. SO to say I was suprised when Sir Alex claimed Paul Scholes is my best player, I did a double take.

I guess this is more due to him being loyal to older players, I think. Anyway, I am not sure now how much help he will really be.

I also noticed something else that never happened before. I asked the board about adding a few feeder clubs as I cancelled most of my links. For 3 times running now, ALL the teams being offered are in Scotland, could this be due to Sir Alex being with my team?? I never had teams in Scotland offered beofre and now I get nothing but. Ever happen to anyone else??

Guess I am just looking for ideas/opinions about the role of the Assistant managers and if they reaqlly are that much of a help

Thanks

Imo, the assisant does no more than ordinary coaches and I certainly dont take his opinion on players or signings. Id love to think the AI could be iomproved alot more in this area but im not entirely sure how....

1) you sure are very lazy in most of the needed work. Watch your hand on approach drops to 1!

2) The role of ass man is fine in terms of not interfering with your decision. The way the game is laid out is to only have ass man tell you what are available for you. It's not planned to direct you to any ways. If you are looking for ass man that can arrange training, friendlies, tactics, team talks and every thing for you; this is probably not going to happen and most people will not like that either.

3. The choices given for feeder club depending on the total team scout knowledge. Scottish teams aren't bad for being feeder, why not just pick one and they'll give you others next turn.

For the feeder club thing, I ended up with them all being in close proximity to the club I was in charge of (Sheffield United)

Next time I requested, I got one club from Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

It does change, trust me. ^_^

Originally posted by Reidy_FootieKing:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I also like having the Asst. Mgr opinion on signing players

Where is this option im not having a go at you but isnt that contracts and not actully singing players. If there is an option were is it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just ask him for a scout report. I do it sometimes if I have a good enough Assistant.

Ok

1)I meant his opinion in signing contracts, not in scoutning or anything, my fault for not making that clear

2)I know I could have taken the scotland teams but thats I was hoping to find teams somewhere else. I was hoping for a team in Italy or Spain or somewhere like that, I never seen to go that route.

3)In regards to my comment about older players. I was thinking of his loyalty rating. I was thinking that since Scholes had been at the club so long, he would be loyal to a player who has been there for so long. Only reason I could justify him picking Scholes as the best player in the squad

Prolly reading into it wayyyyy too much but it was just a thought

Originally posted by rocky0:

now Im not so sure it will be as helpful as I had hoped. I am a bit lazy on a lot of things in the game, friendlies, both scheduling and playing, team talks and the such. I also like having the Asst. Mgr opinion on signing players and such so I thought having him would be a big help to me.

So I edited the database, I know I cheated somewhat, and started the new season. Right off the bat, I am already questioning the move. When you take over the team, your Assistant always gives you a report on the team and who he thinks is your best player. With Quieroz(sp?) he always said Ronaldo was my best player. SO to say I was suprised when Sir Alex claimed Paul Scholes is my best player, I did a double take.

I guess this is more due to him being loyal to older players, I think. Anyway, I am not sure now how much help he will really be.

I also noticed something else that never happened before. I asked the board about adding a few feeder clubs as I cancelled most of my links. For 3 times running now, ALL the teams being offered are in Scotland, could this be due to Sir Alex being with my team?? I never had teams in Scotland offered beofre and now I get nothing but. Ever happen to anyone else??

Guess I am just looking for ideas/opinions about the role of the Assistant managers and if they reaqlly are that much of a help

Thanks

And that's what Ferguson would say in real life too

Originally posted by Lucho_:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocky0:

I guess this is more due to him being loyal to older players, I think.

Loyalty to older players is in no way implemented in FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a factor though. When I get scouts reports there is a nationality bias. For example, if I get a report on a player from Leonardo, he'll tell me ROBINHO is my best striker, and Player X would be the 6th best striker in the squad.

I send a Spanish scout to look at the same player and he;ll tell me TORRES is my best striker!

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lucho_:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocky0:

I guess this is more due to him being loyal to older players, I think.

Loyalty to older players is in no way implemented in FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a factor though. When I get scouts reports there is a nationality bias. For example, if I get a report on a player from Leonardo, he'll tell me ROBINHO is my best striker, and Player X would be the 6th best striker in the squad.

I send a Spanish scout to look at the same player and he;ll tell me TORRES is my best striker! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So where does loyalty to older players enter into this? The nationality bias is in fact implemented in the game. The loyalty to older players is not. Maybe it should.

Maybe some managers should prefer more experienced players while others should encourage younger players into the first team.

Look at the staff member's JPA and JPP stats. If they are low, they will be wrong sometimes. Even a 20 can make mistakes, but the lower the attribute is, the greater the chance of it being wrong.

Archived