Wow!!! Look what I did...

OK, following a thread I started about mediocre achievements... and what can be considered 'achieving' for your current club I thought I'd start a thread where you can list what you have managed to achieve with your club. Now I'm not looking for all those 'big club' starters who think winning back to back PREM and CL with a moneybags club is an achievement. Yes it is relatively, but I'm looking for honest things that you have achieved with your club.

For example... managing Rotherham I guided them to the Championship. Yes this was an achievement... but keeping them in the Championship the following season was more of an achivement!!! I finished 18th, 8 points from relegation! Relatively, a good achievement!!!

So please... whether it was avoiding relegation, a giant killing in the JPT, keeping hold of your star striker for an extra season or getting an old big name player to sign for your club (I got SWP for Rotherham for nothing... he was knackered bless him but he tried bloody hard!) feel free to list here.

I hope all you mediocre managers (of which I am one) finds some gratification and reward here!

i managed to win a champs league finally after 21 seasons with Aberdeen, i didnt think i was ever going to achieve it, but thankfully avoided either of the Manchester clubs for a change. I was pretty chuffed considering its taken me over 8 months of playing to get to that level. Maybe not a mediocre achievement but its the best thread i could find to show off :D

i managed to win a champs league finally after 21 seasons with Aberdeen, i didnt think i was ever going to achieve it, but thankfully avoided either of the Manchester clubs for a change. I was pretty chuffed considering its taken me over 8 months of playing to get to that level. Maybe not a mediocre achievement but its the best thread i could find to show off :D

This is an achievement yes... but I'm thinking of more those little things that you know, for your club, would be immense. So yes, Aberdeen winning CL is... but a bit higher than mediocre I think. But congratulations!!!! Shame Scotland aren't in any European Cups this season

I went out to Wolves 1-0 absolutely gutted

That's a shame. And I bet you'll have gone into that game... and the thought will have crossed your mind... "I could win this one!"

Took over at Cardiff after Dave Jones had em relegated from Prem (Rotherham were giving me no support so I left their) and have just won the 1st leg of the semi away at Birmingham (15th in Prem) 2 - 1! I nearly cried with joy!!!!

And I even suggested to my wife this morning I could make Europe for next season... she said she wasn't listening but I knew she cared!!!

I know that exact feeling. I think the cat is getting bored of my triumphs. Doing big things for a small club always beats doing the big things with big clubs. And before the Wolves match I was getting myself psyched up. I must say it is the only ever match I have watched in its entirety. They scored in the 1st minute so I was waiting for the equaliser that never came.

I have taken Hereford to the Championship in 4 seasons by winning League Two in the first season by quite some way, then a couple of mid-table finishes (with the second being particularly disappointing because I thought we were good for the play-off's at least but the player's bottled it and I didn't realise till it was too late), I won the JPT for the first time ever in FM history in season 3 though and followed that by winning League One at the third attempt on the last day of the season having lost the penultimate game to the only team that could pip us to the title...

currently 15 matches into season 5 and have a solid, above half-way, mid-table position (game not running so not sure...) and only a few points off the play-off positions and lots of points away from the expected relegation.. :) (went out of the League Cup in Round 2 though :( )

Currently using a database that goes 10 levels down the English football pyramid. Managing the most local team to me which is Woodley Town. When I started the club value was £200. They play their home games in a park up the road from where I live, indeed I have trained there myself IRL for a pub team. I'm currently in 2nd place of the Evo Stick Premier league having achieved 3 back to back promotions, two as champions and I'm pretty confident that I can get promoted to the Blue Square South this season.

Alas Woodley Town still play in the park up the road. I sold 11 season tickets last year though :-) The chairman is desperate to sell and the local council refuse planning permission at the end of each season.................I'm hoping for a ground share with Reading while our potential new owners build a new ground. However with the club now valued at £45k these new owners are hard to find!

I don't use real players nor any other scouting tools so I'm heavily reliant on my scouts.

Took Over Airbus UK after starting unemployed, routed to the bottom of the table. In 18 months of joining the club we had not only escaped the relegation but went on to win the league the following season and also reach the simi-finals of the welsh cup. Did get destoryed by Rosenborg whilst qualifiying for the Champions League but still a massive turnaround for the club in a year and a half.

Biggest achivement international was taking over Belarus and guiding them to the simi-finals of euro 2012, defeating both England and Portugal in the group stages, before France ended my run towards trhe trophy.

Winning promotion with Montrose in my first season, reaching the Division 2 play-off in my second, avoiding relegation from Division 2 in my third (we had a bit of a bad time) and romping to the Division 2 title in my fourth. So now have taken Montrose up two divisions in four seasons, but sitting bottom of the league just before Xmas.

But if Kelvin Etuhu remembers how to score goals, I'm confident we can reach mid-table by the end of the season :D

Got FC United of Manchester from unplayable to 2nd in the Premiership, and UCL semi-final. Then lost the save to a virus.

Got RB Leipzig from unplayable to 3rd in Bundesliga and now this season I'm currently in group stage of Europa League (top after 4 games, 10 pts)

OK, following a thread I started about mediocre achievements... and what can be considered 'achieving' for your current club I thought I'd start a thread where you can list what you have managed to achieve with your club. Now I'm not looking for all those 'big club' starters who think winning back to back PREM and CL with a moneybags club is an achievement. Yes it is relatively, but I'm looking for honest things that you have achieved with your club.

For example... managing Rotherham I guided them to the Championship. Yes this was an achievement... but keeping them in the Championship the following season was more of an achivement!!! I finished 18th, 8 points from relegation! Relatively, a good achievement!!!

So please... whether it was avoiding relegation, a giant killing in the JPT, keeping hold of your star striker for an extra season or getting an old big name player to sign for your club (I got SWP for Rotherham for nothing... he was knackered bless him but he tried bloody hard!) feel free to list here.

I hope all you mediocre managers (of which I am one) finds some gratification and reward here!

For the first time ever I have won everything in one season, I am Norwich and it was the 2020/21 season where I won the Community Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, Premiership and Champions League.

I have never achieved this with anyone on any version so was delighted, and despite the fact that I have basically turned Norwich into Barcelona :D I doubt I will ever achieve it again.

These are my sort of stories :) cant remember last time i managed a big team ?? besides super leeds of course :D

IMT straight in with ignoring the whole point yet again.

Maybe, but I was happy :D

Although can you honestly see Norwich winning any of those throphies IRL between now and 2022, let alone all of them in one go? I support them and can't see it

I have taken Hereford to the Championship in 4 seasons by winning League Two in the first season by quite some way, then a couple of mid-table finishes (with the second being particularly disappointing because I thought we were good for the play-off's at least but the player's bottled it and I didn't realise till it was too late), I won the JPT for the first time ever in FM history in season 3 though and followed that by winning League One at the third attempt on the last day of the season having lost the penultimate game to the only team that could pip us to the title...

currently 15 matches into season 5 and have a solid, above half-way, mid-table position (game not running so not sure...) and only a few points off the play-off positions and lots of points away from the expected relegation.. :) (went out of the League Cup in Round 2 though :( )

Surely this is on-topic though, no? I mean... Hereford's highest ever league position IRL was a Championship relegation spot I think? They have a ground capacity of 5300 (which is sold out every game in the Championship) and make a loss every season... in fact, having recently sold players for ~1.5m means that the club has a positive bank balance for the first time since I started the save! Oh and let's not forget, IRL Hereford have a pet-bull as mascot! Imagine that one in the Premiership if I ever get there :lol:

My best achievement to date is getting the mighty Moyola Park promoted from the Second division to the premier league (only ever been in the first division) in Northern Ireland with just youth products as-well as winning a trophy along the way.

Started at Gil Vicente (2nd portuguese division), was promoted, got them to europa league and left because they kept giving me nothing for transfers (i have a very keen eye for free signings).

So i signed with nottingham forrest (championship) halfway through the season and got promoted (6th i think). In the second season in england got a respectful mid-table position, and signed with fulham because they had Tom Carney, however they had a crappy team and the only thing i managed was to save them from relegation in a last game thriller. Second season with fulham i spent a lot of money ( i set them up for a very good run over the years) and was 6th or 7th when Genoa came along with a s**tload of money, so i left Fulham(they were broke).

In my first season at Genoa they were in first (the manager was fired because of CL) so i coasted to my first title in the game (in the end of this season there was a takeover at fulham and the board made available 100M€ for transfers; i was furious). Over the next 3 seasons won serie a 3 times, lost one Europa League final and one CL final. The 4th seaon in Genoa started out by some giants buying me half my squad (made 150M€ in transfers or something like that) i spent about 90M€ in tranfers and renewed my serie a title making them 5 time champions, one of the few teams in Italy to manage such an acomplishment, and i won my first Champions League against OM after losing 4-2 to Lyon the previous season (i should have won that match because i started the second half tied 2-2 with one more man on the pitch).

So that's it, i'm starting my 6th season at genoa and also managing italy (after losing in the quarter-finals of the eurocup with the portuguese national team (the goodbye os Cristiano Ronaldo))

I spotted a half decent 17 yr old DMC in my under 19's lower league Italian team when I joined. Decided to take a gamble and put him in first team and 12 months later he is a key member of the 1st team and has several better clubs chasing for his signature. That's the sort of thing that really pleases me in this game

In my current save I have taken Middlesbrough from the Championship to 3 consecutive mid-table finishes in the Premier League, appearing in an FA Cup Final (losing 1-0 to Arsenal), before leaving for "better" things at Sampdoria in Serie A, having guided them to 7th I have left and am now managing Wolves, in the Championship again, and aiming for promotion.

Along the way I have found, bought and sold on countless "REGENS" for massive profits for Middlesbrough included 1 Argentinian striker who was purchased for £950k yet sold for £14.75m.

In my current save I have taken Middlesbrough from the Championship to 3 consecutive mid-table finishes in the Premier League, appearing in an FA Cup Final (losing 1-0 to Arsenal), before leaving for "better" things at Sampdoria in Serie A, having guided them to 7th I have left and am now managing Wolves, in the Championship again, and aiming for promotion.

Along the way I have found, bought and sold on countless "REGENS" for massive profits for Middlesbrough included 1 Argentinian striker who was purchased for £950k yet sold for £14.75m.

Well I am glad people are enjoying this thread.. it is good to read about achievements similar to mine ie some promotions... maybe some cup final appearances, or even some midtable finishes that have made you proud. This thread is for the masses who don't achieve 'unbelievable' things and who in all liklihood dont use editors etc (of which I have no knowledge and couldn't tell you where to find one if my life depended on it!).

It seems people are enjoying sharing these stories but please BEFORE you post read the opening thread and think to your self... does my achievement fit in here? If not then thank you for visiting but set up your own thread about amazing achievemnts. Here is for the Mediocre Masses!

Think this fits with theme, started a bury file... with no transfer budget and keeping wage budget under 20k.... managed to get promoted to championship over 3 seasons.... using clever loan signings and my getting in players on free... plus major bonus was the money i bought in... club which started with minus and was losing 100k a month and nw have them at 2 million as sold couple of players, had two years of big fa cup game (which i lost both to villa who finished 2nd in prem both years under laudrup)..... then managed to keep them up in 4th season with wage of 22k a week, then left file as got new lappy but i thought this wsa gsd and fits :)

Think this fits with theme, started a bury file... with no transfer budget and keeping wage budget under 20k.... managed to get promoted to championship over 3 seasons.... using clever loan signings and my getting in players on free... plus major bonus was the money i bought in... club which started with minus and was losing 100k a month and nw have them at 2 million as sold couple of players, had two years of big fa cup game (which i lost both to villa who finished 2nd in prem both years under laudrup)..... then managed to keep them up in 4th season with wage of 22k a week, then left file as got new lappy but i thought this wsa gsd and fits :)

It fits in exactly with what I'm after... well done on making a profit there!!! Not an easy balancing act I'm sure... it was tough enough with Rotherham... although thats becouse no b*gger came to watch the games!!! Got them to the Championship and I still couldn't fill half the ground!

I sometimes find turning over a profit much better than winning countless trophies while making huge losses.

Also, that is exactly the thing mike82 is looking for!

On my level 10 game I took Taunton Town from D1 south west to league one in seven seasons, we won the FA trophey two years on the bounce too. I'm with Crystal Palace now in league one so if i get them back up i'll re-post as that will def be and acheivement with my current board (imagine an even tighter Mike Ashlety :))

On my level 10 game I took Taunton Town from D1 south west to league one in seven seasons, we won the FA trophey two years on the bounce too. I'm with Crystal Palace now in league one so if i get them back up i'll re-post as that will def be and acheivement with my current board (imagine an even tighter Mike Ashley :)).

By the way manvell you can cut and paste your bury save into your new saved game folder on the new laptop (sorry if you already know this)

Whether or not people would consider it a mediocre achievemnent, I dont know, but I probably would. That said, it made my evening last night...

Playing as my beloved Sheff Utd with one of the updates for this season (so they start in league 1 with this year's squad), I won league one and was expected to fight relegation in the Championship. With a team reliant on loan signings, I managed to lead the league until the last month where my team collapsed and we slipped into 4th. Drawn in the playoffs against a very strong Notts Forest side, who on the last game of the season had come to Bramall Lane and battered me 3-1 in a very on sided affair.

The away leg was first and I get a hammering again. 5-2 defeat and my head is in my hands, Having looked like being crowned champions all season, it now looks as if another season in the championship is ahead.

Nevertheless, I picked the most attacking team I could for the second leg, including a subs bench that had 5 strikers on it just in case, and told them to 'do it for the fans.'

15 minutes gone in the second leg and I am winning 2-0, (4-5 agg) and I am feeling a little excited. Totally on top of Forest and looking like scoring at every attack. Half time draws near and I score again, going in at the break 3-0 (5-5 agg). Again I tell them 'do it for the fans.' And we end up winning 5-0 (7-5 agg). I couldn't quite believe it. The best game I have ever played, made even better with it being the team I support.

And then to top it off, we beat Birmingham 3-0 in the final to book our place in the Premiership, just 2 seasons after being relegated to league 1.

I'm currently managing in China and though I've taken perennial underachievers Beijing (lots of third and fourth placed finishes despite having plenty of money and the biggest fanbase in the country) to two successive (likely to soon be three) league titles and a domestic cup, the achievement I personally rate as my best was at my previous club, Dongya. I took over with them expected to challenge but ultimately fail to achieve promotion form the second tier. First season I took said league with ease, but it was the subsequent season that was special - in my, and indeed their, first ever season at the top level of Chinese football, we finished third, and very very nearly went two spots better, with only a bad result in the second-to-last game costing us the title. I knew it was somewhat of a fluke and I wasn't gonna repeat it, so when Beijing came calling midway through the subsequent season with us in a solid midtable position, I left, but that third place still stands as something special.

Drawing Man Utd away in the FA Cup 3rd round with Alfreton Town in my first season and put in a good performance in a 2-1 loss. I beat Carlisle away on pens to get there in the 2nd round, was nerve racking. The money I got from that boosted me up to League 1 over the coming seasons. It was great and my favourite moment in theis FM.

Drawing Man Utd away in the FA Cup 3rd round with Alfreton Town in my first season and put in a good performance in a 2-1 loss. I beat Carlisle away on pens to get there in the 2nd round, was nerve racking. The money I got from that boosted me up to League 1 over the coming seasons. It was great and my favourite moment in theis FM.

I like things like that, when I was Nantwich manager in BSP I managed to make it to the third round and drew Arsenal away made a hell of a lot of cash but lost 5-1. The money helped me really improve the team over the next few seasons.

managed to bring plymouth to premier league after 5 seasons, and finished 15th in the first season in premier league, 5th in the 2nd season, 7th in the 3rd and then 3rd in my 4th season in premier league and a place in champions league group a year later.

Archived