Buying uninterested players

This will sound very stupid, and probably is a stupid question but I'm new at this, is there any way of signing players that say they are not interested in signing for your club when you reach the contract stage?

I have tried using multiple managers at clubs so i can buy the players I want and tell them they are no longer needed and will be sold but I still cannot buy them yet other clubs are coming in with bids and they would consider going to them.

Any ideas?

There isn't. If a player isn't interested, then they aren't interested. You could try tapping them up so to speak by praising them and saying you want to sign them. Not guarenteed to always work though and I'm not sure how long that could take. You could possibly try praising the manager of the club that you're trying to sign the player from. Again, I'm not sure if or how long it takes to work. But I've read that it can sometimes help. Apart from those just do well and hope that one day the player will become interested.

Those methods tend to work better if they have any interest at all. When you scout the player, your scout will give you an idea of whether the player will even sit down to negotiate. If they say the player "would have no intention of joining our club at this time", you can do nothing except prove your club is worth joining. And that could take years.

There are other cases where a player simply won't consider the offer (just try poaching an Inter youngster as Juventus boss).

Note that a player's interest is a good way of gauging how rough you can be on them in contract negotiations: if they're very interested, chances are they'll be more willing to negotiate (agent willing, of course); if their interest is dubious, you're likely going to have to meet every demand and then some to tempt them.

Damn oh well thanks anyway, I was hoping to build a team of all British talent that would win the league but i guess that won't happen for a while then. Thanks again people

What team are you playing as and what club are you trying to sign them from?

well I thought as Man City have the most money it would be a good idea to be them, and it's from a number of clubs in the premiership and some outside, such as Connor Wickham from Ipswich and Alex Chamberlain from Southampton as examples, but I just can't seem to get many of the players I want. although some I can understand such as from Man Utd.

You couldn't get Wickham and Chamberlain? If that is the case then wait a few weeks and bid again. I couldn't sign Jordan Henderson for Barcelona at the very start he wouldn't discuss a move until near the end of the transfer window.

No I managed to get those players, sorry bad examples of players I was trying to get but they were the first to come to mind of those I was trying to sign. Players that are a pain are those like Jack Rodwell, Jordan Henderson, Ashley Young, Phil Jones to name a few.

I signed Phil Jones for Man City but that was one week before transfer deadline.

I've had a few players sign who weren't interested at the negotiations stage but if you chuck enough money at them they can miraculously change their mind.

How does that work? When they say they are not interested I can't even try to throw money at them as they simply refuse to let me alter any of the contract fields.

The problem is the players standards dont drop, even if they havent played a 1st team game for over a year.

Players should be more willing to drop to a lower rep team if they arent a 1st team player or arent wanted.

Im pretty sure Barton wouldnt go to QPR in FM but hes thinking about it IRL.

On the older FM's you could but on FM11 sometimes they will not even talk about a contract.

I find that weird too, the club is obviously willing to sell them so maybe they should be willing to listen to an offer. If you bid and it's rejected the player could come out and say he has no interest in leaving/leaving for your club. One for the future perhaps. Like Joey Barton at the moment, he states often that he doesn't want to leave but the club is listening to offers so he's had talks and a medical at QPR this week.

I find that weird too, the club is obviously willing to sell them so maybe they should be willing to listen to an offer. If you bid and it's rejected the player could come out and say he has no interest in leaving/leaving for your club. One for the future perhaps. Like Joey Barton at the moment, he states often that he doesn't want to leave but the club is listening to offers so he's had talks and a medical at QPR this week.

JB's a Warnock kinda player... NW will tell 'im to "get stuck in lad" and JB will do that with relish...

Archived