Big mistake putting no sell on fee in transfer

greco.jpg

I took over as Sevilla manager and the team only had one winger so I set up a wingerless formation that I normally use. I transfer listed Greco for £30 million and no one was interested, 6 months later I offer him out and Man City sign him for £20 million. This was after I tried offering him our for £30 million and £25 million. He had one good season at Man City where he played 38 games scoring 11 goals getting 17 assists and averaging 7.51. They then sell him for £81 million to Inter, with a few of my previous transfers I was surprised how many clubs accepted 50 percent sell on fees.

Why didn't I put one in? Lucky for me my side at the time Sevilla already had a sugar daddy who allows huge spending each season of £200 million plus but I still could have had £40 million from that deal.

I took over as Sevilla manager and the team only had one winger so I set up a wingerless formation that I normally use. I transfer listed Greco for £30 million and no one was interested, 6 months later I offer him out and Man City sign him for £20 million. This was after I tried offering him our for £30 million and £25 million. He had one good season at Man City where he played 38 games scoring 11 goals getting 17 assists and averaging 7.51. They then sell him for £81 million to Inter, with a few of my previous transfers I was surprised how many clubs accepted 50 percent sell on fees.

Why didn't I put one in? Lucky for me my side at the time Sevilla already had a sugar daddy who allows huge spending each season of £200 million plus but I still could have had £40 million from that deal.

I don't know exactly, but your lack of business acumen has offended me so much that I have instructed my P.A. to write to your Board expressing my disgust!

always a sell-on clause for me too... percentage of next sale on free transfers, percentage of next sale profits on others. I then sell them toot suite when the board negotiates a mega-buy-out-deal!

(or not if they don't... 6k!! what do they think I am? The kid's next sale is worth AT LEAST 60k!... 6k.. I ask ya? lol )

Archived