Improvement to Holiday Mode?

Just a few suggestions for holiday mode. Recently Ive got a bit addicted to racing through the seasons in holiday mode.

Would like to be able to give the AssMan instructions on whether to play a Strong, Average, or Weak side in each of the Competitions.

i.e. League (Strong), Champions League (Strong), FA Cup (Average), League Cup (Weakened).

Don't pick players under certain percentage of fitness.

Other ways my AssMan can pick a side could include basing his selection on (Overall), (Youth), (Experience), (Technical), (Physical), (Mental), (Rotation) etc

Also give him the ability to sign on players (with of course guidelines set by me).

Any other suggestions?

I would like to see more options for applying for jobs when unemployed and on holiday. I am currently doing a continental challenge and would like the option of applying for jobs in two or three countries only. As far as I can see it's one nation or all. Would also like an auto declare interest in certain jobs whilst holidaying.

What is the work around? This has bugged me for ages when I holiday the last two games in a season or whatever

When you select your team before the match, you need to keep continuing past the squad selection screen for the match itself. So just before you continue to the team talk and instructions, you holiday. The ass man should then choose the line-up that you select.

This is what I was told anyway. But im sure I played a match where I put in a few youngsters and the ass man still left a couple out.:confused:

On a similar subject, I'd like to see this sort of thing for the reserves. I don't have time to play the reserve team games, but I'd like some input to who plays games. Sometimes I want players returning to match fitness to be first choice, other times I want him to play youngsters.

The AssMan usually makes a decent selection, but often gets the 2 MCs mixed up (ie. plays a DM in the MCL position which is Advanced Playmaker, and plays an AMC in the MCR position (box to box).

I would like to see more options for applying for jobs when unemployed and on holiday. I am currently doing a continental challenge and would like the option of applying for jobs in two or three countries only. As far as I can see it's one nation or all. Would also like an auto declare interest in certain jobs whilst holidaying.

This deffo needs addding.

You should be able to 'tag' specific clubs you would like to apply for the managers position should it become available. I miss out on jobs im interested in (usually when the manager takes a new position rather than being sacked) all the time as they are taken by the time im finish the holiday mode. I only holiday 1 week at a time.

Also another thing I noticed was when applying for a job (unemployed), if you're on holiday when the club offer you the position you automatically take it. And beyond. You should come out of holiday mode when offered a job.

The options you are give are quite limited. It could be useful to set up 'ifs' and 'ors' scenarios. Again this is from an unemplyed perspective. I dont holiday at all when at a club.

On a similar subject, I'd like to see this sort of thing for the reserves. I don't have time to play the reserve team games, but I'd like some input to who plays games. Sometimes I want players returning to match fitness to be first choice, other times I want him to play youngsters.

The AssMan usually makes a decent selection, but often gets the 2 MCs mixed up (ie. plays a DM in the MCL position which is Advanced Playmaker, and plays an AMC in the MCR position (box to box).

You can set up your team and the tactics the same way you do the first team. The Assman will still take charge of the game and make subs. It's not ideal but I think it's better than letting the AssMan pick the team and a hell of a lot quicker than controlling the reserve/youth team yourself.

You can set up your team and the tactics the same way you do the first team. The Assman will still take charge of the game and make subs. It's not ideal but I think it's better than letting the AssMan pick the team and a hell of a lot quicker than controlling the reserve/youth team yourself.

As already been mentioned, the option of picking your team then telling the ass man to use that team doesnt work. Unless you do it on the correct screen before every single match. Kind of defeats the object of 'holiday mode' if you need to come back before every match to do it all again.

For those whingeing about how I currently play the game...

I have played FM since the days of CM2 and always played it the "proper" way. Playing season after season long term games. Usually successful but not always. Nowadays with work and having a Granddaughter my time is much more limited. Hence I play in holiday mode to get through the seasons and into a long term game. Unless I get into a long term game I just don't enjoy FM.

For those whingeing about how I currently play the game...

I have played FM since the days of CM2 and always played it the "proper" way. Playing season after season long term games. Usually successful but not always. Nowadays with work and having a Granddaughter my time is much more limited. Hence I play in holiday mode to get through the seasons and into a long term game. Unless I get into a long term game I just don't enjoy FM.

Im in the same boat. I used to play the 'proper' way but now I just cant be bothered. I always play as Man Utd so whether I take control, or the assistant, I usually win anyway so I tend to holiday most games. I much prefer scouting for new players, buying them in the transfer windows and get heavily involved in the training side of things to turn these players into world class players. After a few years I usually have a team of under 25's that I have trained myself to how I want them. Thats more satisfying to me.

Now and again I'll try a save in the lower leagues but I get bored easily as I dont know the teams and such, but hopefully in FM12 with the new scout and team reports, this should help me a lot so im looking forward to a good 'proper' save in FM12.

Archived