Pacheco deal: Will we see re-loans possible in FM

I truly feel sorry for SI Games designers as real life transfer clauses get more and more convoluted this summer. First the Bojan mandatory buy-back plus Roma's buy-back block fee.Now today we have Liverpool loaning Pacheco to Atletico Madrid only to re-loan him to Rayo Vallecano. Presumably Atletico want to have a look at him in La Liga and have already agreed a future full purchase price. Also likely they are paying most of his wages.Too complicated for FM, or would we only need a 'Can be re-loaned' clause, perhaps with limits on what level club he can be re-loaned to?

Theres a chance that the team re-loaning the player can make a profit out of the new loan, so its a bit convoluted.

Contracts are ridiculous nowadays.

Pastore's Contract was half owned by his agent corporation, so Zamparini sold him for 40ish Million euros, but only got half of it because the other half went to his agent.

Theres a lot of rubbish going on

Theres a chance that the team re-loaning the player can make a profit out of the new loan, so its a bit convoluted.

Contracts are ridiculous nowadays.

Pastore's Contract was half owned by his agent corporation, so Zamparini sold him for 40ish Million euros, but only got half of it because the other half went to his agent.

Theres a lot of rubbish going on

What size fee did the agent pay the agent?!?

Seems a reasonable approach to only include it when it is widespread. What would be interesting, however, is the ability to include some sort of re-loan feature when selling a player. That is, when selling the player, agree to loan it back for 1/2/3 years so the player can better develop.

Yeah, I agree with most posters that this isn't a feature that is worthwhile including - at least not on the basis of one case. @StevenChap - clearly the Pacheco deal had the consent of all parties, so Liverpool agreed to Atleti loaning on to Vallecano. No way in real life or the game could a player be re-loaned to another team without the agreement of the owning team.

Fully agree too with rpvw, and has come up quite a bit before, that "loan-back" deals should be implemented where you buy a player but immediately loan him back to the selling team as part of the transfer agreement.

I suspect that unless this practice becomes widespread, it will not be included

It already is. Udinese loan players to Granada who in turn loan them to Cádiz.

There's also the recent case of the Honduran Lozano who was loaned to Valencia for €100,000 and loaned by Valencia to Alcoyano.

It already is. Udinese loan players to Granada who in turn loan them to Cádiz.

There's also the recent case of the Honduran Lozano who was loaned to Valencia for €100,000 and loaned by Valencia to Alcoyano.

That makes a grand total of about three examples. That's not a very wide spread.

And as has been said, the more transfer options there are, the more often the AI messes up. Given the marginal benefits of being able to re-loan players (when would you even use it?) then it's better that gameplay takes precedence over accuracy here.

Seems a reasonable approach to only include it when it is widespread. What would be interesting, however, is the ability to include some sort of re-loan feature when selling a player. That is, when selling the player, agree to loan it back for 1/2/3 years so the player can better develop.

would be good to see this implimented. At the minute I do a similar tactic when signing and selling youngsters. If I am a big team signing a youngster from a smaller team I will often set the transfer date to the end of the season so they can have a full season at their club to get experience. Vice versa if I am the small club and think they would prefer a season playing football as opposed to reserves for a big team

I want the option available to sign a player from a club and loan them back immeadiately for the rest of the season. instead of having to faf around aftert signing them

I'd like that option there too. I just set the transfer to go through at the end of the season though.

I don't know that the code for this isn't already in the game... I've always wondered why, when I loan a player to another club they invariably set his transfer status as "the club do not wish to loan this player" - well der... of course not (I've always thought) but now? Hmm..

I want the option available to sign a player from a club and loan them back immeadiately for the rest of the season. instead of having to faf around aftert signing them

This is something I'd definitely like to see put in, especially when signing players from clubs in a lower league than me.

Sounds a bit like a 3-way trade in the NBA. Doubt the AI could handle it.

Somthing simular happened with the Andy Caroll transfer. Liverpool told chelsea they would sell Torres if chelsea would buy them Caroll plus give them 15 mil.

Archived