The New Play Off system in Turkish Super League... Will it be in FM2012?

Hey folks.

I was hoping someone from SI to respond me with this.

The Turkish Super League will have a new play off system at the end of the season to crown the champion...

Here is how it goes basically...

When the league is over after 34 games the top 4 teams will play each other in a play off to decide the champion.... Also teams between 5 and 8 will also play to decide who goes to Europe and etc...

What happens is this.... Lets assume that the season is over like the following

Galatasaray 80 points

Fenerbahce 78 points

Besiktas 76 Points

Trabzonspor 70 points....

The points will be divided by 2 when the season is over

SO

Galatasaray will have 40 points

Fenerbahce will have 39 points

Besiktas will have 38 points

and Trabzonspor will have 35 points

These 4 teams will play with each other twice so we are talking about 6 more games per team.

The games will be awarded with the regular 3 points system.

Lets assume that Galatasay played Fenerbahce 2 times, Besiktas 2 times and Trabzonspor 2 times in the play off and won 5 games... So Galatasaray will win 15 more points.

40+15 = 55 for Galatasaray

And lets assume Fenerbahce won 4 of these games... so they will get 12 points

39+12 = 51 for Fenerbahce...

or if Fenerbahce wins all 6 games And Galatasaray won only 4 games... than Fenerbahce would have 18 points in the playoffs and Galatasaray would have 12

So the points would be

40+12 = 52 for Galatasaray

39 + 18 = 57 for Fenerbahce so in this scenario Fenerbahce would be crowned as the champions.

Also if by the end of the season a team would have ODD numbers of points. Such as 79... When divided by two it would be 39.5 points before the play offs and rounded to 40... If by the end of the play offs that team earns same amount of points to another team, than the half point will be deducted.

Exact same things apply for teams between 5th and 8 position....

It might sound complicated but I am sure your scouts could give you better and more details...

All I want to know is if this system will be in FM12?

crikey? surely if Galatasaray had a 2 point lead after the last game they'd be champions? why have they done this?

Turkish Super Leagues TV rights are the 5th most expensive deal in football world I believe. Its crazy amount of money, And the TV company is loosing money out of this as they could not sell enough decoders or subscription.

With more games and possibly in play offs more derbies would mean that more decoders and subscriptions sold.. Galatasaray and Fenerbahce playing 4 times a year instead of 2 would mean business in their strategy.

Unfortunately it is a terrible idea, but the idea is given by the Turkish Football Federation...

Big money deals can easily destroy the beauty of the game. And this is a great example.

This idea will be tried this year if it fails it will either be corrected or be changed to the old setup...

Only lower leagues in world football use this play off system.. I cant believe we adopted it...

Terrible really...

Only team against this was Galatasaray, as other presidents thinks making the TV rights holder happy would benefit them.. WRONG.. .Accepting to be a slave never benefits you in anyway...

Sounds very like the Belgian system actually. I've never been a big fan of these sorts of play-offs.

Anyway, when was this announced? If it's in the last week or so then it may well not make it in to FM12; SI must be running out of time to add new features and properly test them. It may be possible though, especially if they can base it on the Belgian league.

Changes to league rules will only be considered when they have been officially announced with a start date. After that they need to be recoded and tested so it all depends on when this was decided.

Thanks for the response

Well it is official.

Was announced yesterday...

I hope you guys can implement it for the new game, if not maybe in the first patch...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/467/turkey/2011/08/23/2632839/turkish-clubs-agree-on-play-off-system-for-super-lig

This is the best link I could find in English.

Sounds very like the Belgian system actually. I've never been a big fan of these sorts of play-offs.

Anyway, when was this announced? If it's in the last week or so then it may well not make it in to FM12; SI must be running out of time to add new features and properly test them. It may be possible though, especially if they can base it on the Belgian league.

It was announced yesterday. As it is a drastic change, and needs lots of testing I could understand if it doesnt get implemented.. I hope it does though.

Sounds better than the "Federal League" that some assman tried to put in Argentina... THey wanted to avoid River dropping to 2nd Division by making a huge league from 40ish teams, spread into regions, and then the best teams from each league will play each other in a clausura of the best teams.

That way there is no "relegation" between the Premier and the second divisions, but one big division, and then the 3rd and fourth divisions...

Was all a load of bollocks, like the "average" system they put in to save river in the first place circa '86

Cheers;

Niker ( A concerned Argie )

Sounds better than the "Federal League" that some assman tried to put in Argentina... THey wanted to avoid River dropping to 2nd Division by making a huge league from 40ish teams, spread into regions, and then the best teams from each league will play each other in a clausura of the best teams.

That way there is no "relegation" between the Premier and the second divisions, but one big division, and then the 3rd and fourth divisions...

Was all a load of bollocks, like the "average" system they put in to save river in the first place circa '86

Cheers;

Niker ( A concerned Argie )

The things people are doing to protect so called BIG NAME CLUBS never seize to suprise me...

I know money is a huge factor in football now but being some cooperations or federations slave is not the way to do so...

Also one other reason that the Turkish Play offs were accepted is that there is a chance that if Fenerbahce is not relagated due to match fixing scandals. They will start the league with deducted points... In this case they might have a chance to win the League via the play offs if they end up in the 4th place.

Worse is that the other year there will be play outs. Last 4 teams will try to fight to stay in the league in such a play off style. But it will be called play out...

If Fenerbahce is deducted 30 points and finish in the bottom, they would again have a chance to stay in the league and not relagated with the play out system.

It disgusts me.

Yeah, its all meticulously planned by the FA. IN fact Calciopoli was managed by Inter to drop Juve and take most of their players and go out to dominate Serie A for a while.

Football is corrupt, but Anyways, what can we do if Sepp Blatter is still there...

Niker

the Turkish system sounds a lot like rugby's Super League end of season format... you don't need to be good enough over the season, just be good enough over the play-off's and you'll be champions...

it must be well easy to cheat the system :p

Archived