Things that must change for 2012

Well, it has been a while since I last posted here. After the SEGA servers crashed and burned for such a long time, it was tough to get involved here again. But here I am, with my to-do-list for FMH2012. I am not concerned about new features - I will just mention what is not right in FMH11.

*all the comments are based on my iOS experience. Some aspects might differ on a PSP.

Training

• It would be helpful to have an info screen stating which attributes are improved with each training.
  • As it stands, the majority of players can withstand a very intensive training - outfield players can normally withstand intensive levels on all areas but goalkeeping. It makes my life easier as a manager, and the youngsters really get great attributes all around, but that's a tad bit unrealistic.

Search

• We can't sort search results in the shortlist.
  • We can only sort search results in one direction (e.g. from youngest to oldest, not opposite).
  • We need better filters.
  • A nationality filter would be great.
  • Selection of multiple attributes for minimum value filtering.
  • We can't filter 'side' when managing a national team.
  • We can't scout players when managing only a national team.

Hall of Fame

• Separate the in-game hall of fame from the game centre one. I find it annoying to have to logout from Game Centre every time I want to see my in-game rankings.
  • Managers reputations need adjustment.

Club World Championship

• Game draws are plainly wrong. Europe should never meet South America before the final. In the game, they always meet in the semis.
  • Too common for Asian and African teams to win it.

Board Confidence

• The Overall happiness can be lower than all other confidences.
  • Sometimes expectations are intangible - Once I've won the Champions League and Premiership, and the satisfaction level was slightly dissatisfied.

Jobs, nationality and reputation

• Linking your reputation with your nationality is a mistake. There are many players and managers that are very unknown outside their home country, but quite successful somewhere else.
  • Depending on your nationality, it is impossible to land certain International jobs.

Game engine

• Still needs major improvements. Aside from bugs (like the famous corner one), the highlights give the impression that the game is not really simulated entirely.
  • I noticed that using wing back or full back roles do not change the positioning of the side defenders on the pitch.

Rankings

• Add the ranking lists somewhere. I don't like to have to click on every single nation and check their info screen in order to figure out which nation is the 1st.
  • Add UEFA coefficient rankings (both league and club).
  • Make league places on champions league dependent of the league rankings.
  • Fix World Rankings. They're clearly not well calculated. For some nations it's impossible to get to number one, such as Scotland and Wales. It doesn't matter your success.

Loans

• Make it possible to interact with players you loaned in
  • Make assistant role suggestion visible for players loaned in
  • In Brazilian club, players that start the game on loan somewhere else have their salary paid by their club of origin, even when the contract says that the other club should pay it.

International Management

• Add player interaction
  • Add scouting (maybe the possibility of attending club matches yourself)

Brazilian São Paulo State Championship

• Fix previous champions history. The playoff winner is considered champion, not the league stage winner.
  • Boards are normally dissatisfied when managing a team that does not take part in the São Paulo State.

Finances

• Releasing a player with a multimillionaire release fee is used very often as a way to free wage budget, without any noticeable financial consequences.
  • Make the numbers more visible, so we should be able to notice the effect of our management on the overall finances. I don't seem to be rewarded financially when I'm only using half the budget, neither punished when overusing it.

Sweeper

• Why can't we train a player to be a sweeper?
  • Why can't we search for sweepers?

4-2-4 player roles

• Wingers are InF by default. If changed to something else, there is no option to turn them back to InF.

Son Unlockable

• Sometimes a player that is going to retire - consequently triggering your son - decides to leave your club before doing so. it's annoying when you have played the bastard for ten seasons only because you wanted to get this unlockable.

There's a lot more, but I think these are enough for today. Have fun fixing these :)

Some of these I agree with, others are just tweaks that don't really bother me at all. So, for my next £7.99 I'd like to see:

1. The searching and filtering sorted out, it's just too basic

2. Fog of war made compulsory on general searches so you have to send your scouts out to get full details. However, don't do this if you don't do No.4.

3. More of the hidden stats being made visible after the player has been with you 6 months-1 year. THis really is a big one, if those stats play any kind of part (and they seem to for goalies) in the game then you should get to know them once you've had the player for long enough.

4. Revise the game engine. It's too random until your team is 3x better than the opposition.

5. More media stories and inter-manager interaction.

6. Much more meat on the bones about each of the different leagues and cup competitions.

7. Revised job opportunity engine, especially when out of work

8. Rewards and stats. We really must have a career record for the manager showing results year by year. It's one of the most basic reasons for playing. The rewards should be a trophy cabinet.

PSP

- The way you build your reputation from the lower leagues HAS to be improved its unrewarding at this time.

- The teams keeping their overall quality better later in the game it gets very easy to win things.

These two are the biggest in my humble opinion.

• SI Staff

I'm afraid I can't give out too much information regarding FMHi 2012.

However in case rafafloripa is passing - he might be interested to know that many of these have already been rectified in the 'in-progress' FMHi 2012; thanks very much for the feedback its very much appreciated.

I'm afraid I can't give out too much information regarding FMHi 2012.

However in case rafafloripa is passing - he might be interested to know that many of these have already been rectified in the 'in-progress' FMHi 2012; thanks very much for the feedback its very much appreciated.

I'm passing by, and I'm pleased to hear :)

I hope I didn't sound too harsh, as you probably know that I love the game :)

I've started playing in the PC with ChampMan 97/98 - and played every installment until FM2008. Now I'm hooked-up in the iOS version :)

Marc: Can you guys please, please, please look into the men behind ball and counter attack instructions? In real life there are plenty of top sides that manage to employ both and play attractive football, whereas in FMH it seems like your team stays behind for all times.

My comments on the topic:

Training

It would be helpful to have an info screen stating which attributes are improved with each training. FULLY AGREE

Search

We need better filters. AGREE - More options especially to define the age - I would like to see a U17 filter

Hall of Fame

Separate the in-game hall of fame from the game centre one. I find it annoying to have to logout from Game Centre every time I want to see my in-game rankings.

Managers reputations need adjustment. AGREE

Club World Championship

Game draws are plainly wrong. Europe should never meet South America before the final. In the game, they always meet in the semis.

Too common for Asian and African teams to win it. MAYBE NEXT VERSION FINALLY SORTED OUT

Board Confidence

The Overall happiness can be lower than all other confidences. WELL, always funny if you win title by title and 4 or 5 unhappy blogs in the team - Board loses confidence

Jobs, nationality and reputation

Linking your reputation with your nationality is a mistake. There are many players and managers that are very unknown outside their home country, but quite successful somewhere else.

Depending on your nationality, it is impossible to land certain International jobs. AGREE - fun stopper

Loans

Make it possible to interact with players you loaned in GOOD POINT

Oliver

my wishes to FM2012

- better AI for player, agents have to be more tolerant. Gago have played for REal maybe 17 games during Two season, but when i wished to sing him, he wanted 8 mil.euro for signature, 7 for agent, + horrible salary. I think he would be thankful for escape route

- better history for past meeting. i want to be able to see what tactics elemnets i used (tempo, passing, windth) not only formation

- playing with foreign teams in foreign country during preseason. Able to play barcelona in USA tour for example.

- better chat (this Tone stuff can be good). players are more stubburn if youre not worldclas manager. one sentence about their lack effort, no good form and word war takes place ...

- PRESS CONFERENCES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg....

- i always play "only commentary" mode. better commentary then, + more loosing balls. more wrong passes, more 1-on-1 tackles in the middle

- better season opening closing. more papernews, more pressure on transfers, more and deeply trasnfer rumours, not only one sentence on gossip...

- better tactics suggestions from assistant, i would easily removed some non important staff like arrows postmatch, shooting from where, complet.incompl. passes, etc..

- more finacial control. red number, green number, better and deep budget interaction.

- in top club, 100% freedom of staff quantity, beter loayality of stuff. (wilkins in barcelona after 2 yrs... lol)

- i send scout (african) to africa (ghana) for 3 months - O foundings !!!!!!!!!!! (no restrict, only age 17-27)....

- more media speaking about anything, more papertalks after training, more players interviews outside of stadium about anything...

- another 400 ideas, which im not bother you

Can the ability to load the Brazilian top league ONLY with other European leagues ? ... when you load them all it totally screws the game database. It also changes the dates so when you move back to Europe the end of the season is January. I want to be able to load England ( all ), Spain, Italy and Brazil. I thought you could change this couldn't find it though probably a mistake on my part. I really enjoyed my time in Brazil but these things made it impossible. I really enjoyed winning the Copa Libertadores it was a trip used to watch it late at night when I was younger.

Go On Holiday OPTIONS

- National Team jobs only.

- Clubs in European Competition.

- Premier League Clubs only or whatever division you want to manage.

I spend so much time rejecting the jobs of tiny clubs.

Archived