Internatinal Managment????????

i think it does need to be improved, i mean as a welsh man our rankings are p**s poor, and to be the guy who changes it and gets them to a high i would like to be regarded as a welsh "favourate" but my fellow country men, and when the job becomes available i would like it to say "during a poll 60 % said they would like to se "?????" as their new manager at the national coach

Yeah the internatoinal side of the game is bad i really hope si have improved that this year and also there needs to be alot more hype before a world cup, and managers should at least be given contracts and when a team wins a trophy the popularity of the nation should go up significantly. Anymoe ideas?

If they improve scouting and 'assistant/coach' reports and implement the same depth charts they've shown for the club teams, then I'm optimistic.

Things that I feel need improving:

- You need to be able to scout players in your national pool even if they are not in loaded leagues, which doesn't seem to happen now. Frustrating getting match reports on the same 7 players every week, and never get a report from anyone else.

- You should be able to keep a 'shortlist' like you do at the club level, given that you are forced to drop players from the national team entirely when they are injured. I'd like to use a shortlist for my preferred 25-man roster, regardless of injuries, non-release by clubs, or poor form.

- Instead of your assistant simply picking a proposed roster for you at the registration deadline, I think each player should have a report explaining why he should or shouldn't be picked (in great form at club vs out of contract and not training).

- More player interaction options, especially to convince dual-nationality players to declare. Telling players that they need to be playing first team football to be considered for a call-up would also be useful.

For those who are bored with the long gaps between fixtures, but find it too distracting to mix club and country, you could also try managing your nation's U21 and U19 teams. I've had fun this way for a while, but occasionally run into fixture conflicts between the youth and senior squads.

More player interaction options' date=' especially to convince dual-nationality players to declare. Telling players that they need to be playing first team football to be considered for a call-up would also be useful.[/quote']

and that regular champions league football is also desired

International management does need a revamp. Compared to the club game, it is very weak. Somethings that could be added are as follows:

-Staff contracts (including the manager) would be nice. It would probably be too hard to implement financially but you could still offer a contract with x amount of years. Even outline a plan i.e. use youngster in the next European Championships to give them expereince so that we can do well at the next World cup.

-Team training is virtually non-existent in the current game. You do get to use match prep (since 11.3) but this is still very limited.

-Last squad selection. I also get moaned at for leaving a player out when I completely forgot he had been injured and removed from the previous squad. A message saying that player x left the last squad because of y, do you want to include him in the next squad?

-Reports from the u19s and u21s. Currently, you don't really get given any information from the youth sides. It would be handy if every season the manager of u19s and u21s gave a report on the players for the season.

Archived