I think it's definately the case in England, but i'm in 2017 and the top 4 in Germany has only just been broken as Werder Bremen got relgated, otherwise it was Schalke, Bayern, Stuttgart and Bremen in the top 4 every year.

The French league is always between Lyon, PSG and Marseille. Spain is Valencia, At Madrid, Madrid and Barca. Italy is Juve, Roma and Inter with Milan struggling for about 4 seasons now.

The big clubs in Europe has pretty much stayed the same, but in England it's all over the place. The first 5 seasons Liverpool won it, but since then it has been a different team every year.

well iirc livrpool won it in the first year by a ile, very unrealistic icon_biggrin.gif and man u finished sixth, fegie retired and slokjear took over, man u never got back in the top four lierpool flirted with it arsenal also in and out and various winners include west ham, totenham and newcastle, this was all in about 10 years.

Im currently 7 seasons in(the furthest ive gone with fm08) and only once have the big four been breached(Villa forth 2 seasons ago).

I am worried about long term games by reading other peoples posts of Man Utd been relegated and the total lack of regens

In my game, the last premiership had Derby finishing 3rd, with Chelsea finishing 20th.

The big four isn't a permanent fixture IRL - five years ago Chelsea weren't in it, 10 years ago Liverpool weren't in it, in between you could have included Leeds or Newcastle in that list. Blackburn have broken the deadlock in recent years (or maybee I'm just old) too.

You shouldn't expect the top four to remain the same in the game 10, 20 and especially even more years into the future, and I wouldn't expect it to in real life either (and will hope and pray that it doesn't).

I've seen other teams assert periods of dominance which are equally hard to break.

I think the way it is in the game is, if not realistic, then at least reasonable.

But I think more should be done (via the media module) to let players know who the top clubs of the day are. If you follow the same nation for a while, sometimes you spot it, and sometimes you miss it.

Wheras if an alien landed on earth in the year 2000 and started following english football, there's no way it could posibly miss the fact that Man U and Arsenal ade up 'the big two'.

It seems silly then, that if I arrive from holland in the game, I can't tell straight away who the top teams in the league are, against who overachieved in the previous season, and isn't considered so much of a top club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jack.browne:

I have noticed this in a few of my saves.

But have never seen a club win it one year, and fall so low the next. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I won the Prem with Portsmouth in FM08, quit and the next season they got relegated. They had a fantastic team too.

Top four are broken into far too easily.

Archived