Youngsters' wage demands.

I'm new to the forums so I'm not sure if this has been discussed before...

A few years into the game and you get those amazing 14 year old Brazilian wonderkids who just pop out of the blue. And naturally, you'd want to sign them. When I 'approach to sign', I find this kid wanting a salary of £15,000 and £4,500 in appearance fees, as well as £25,000 after playing x league games for the club. This isn't just with Brazilian wonderkids or youngsters in general, its with most young players you try to sign. Is this a bug or is this actually what happens irl (however much I may doubt it).

Cheers.

I think it's probably realistic.

For example, £25k a week is a tiny wage for a big club, but a big wage for a young player.

These wonderkids you mention should be going to big clubs. Would a 14 year old Messi not know he is great?

It sounds as though you feel because you've found them you should be able to sign them.

I'm new to the forums so I'm not sure if this has been discussed before...

A few years into the game and you get those amazing 14 year old Brazilian wonderkids who just pop out of the blue. And naturally, you'd want to sign them. When I 'approach to sign', I find this kid wanting a salary of £15,000 and £4,500 in appearance fees, as well as £25,000 after playing x league games for the club. This isn't just with Brazilian wonderkids or youngsters in general, its with most young players you try to sign. Is this a bug or is this actually what happens irl (however much I may doubt it).

Cheers.

I tend to turn it around if it is within my wage structure and the player is worth it, so I offer eg £5,000 in wages and £15,000 in appearance fees and cut the after so many games £25,000 to £20,000, reduce the yearly rise to no more than 10% and possibly boost the signing on fees for both player and agent. Remember that the appearance money and after so many games money is for first team appearances only.

It's related to the amount of room left in your wage bill.

Re-budget yourself to only just be within wage budget and player demands become (mostly) more sensible.

That like paying the agent a huge fee is a work around. The player shouldn't know what your wage budget is to be able to adjust his demands accordingly. The player should know the wage he is presently on, which teams are interested in him and the approximate wages of players of similar reputations at those clubs. If you're the only club interested and are offering more then his present wage his loyalty to his present club should be what governs how much of a pay increas he demands. If you are one of a number of clubs interested then He should be looking for you to match the wage of similar young players at the highest reputation club that is interested. A young player shouldn't be turning down a move to a bigger club and a significant wage increase unless he is deeply attached to his present club or has reason to believe an even bigger club will be making an offer soon.

It's related to the amount of room left in your wage bill.

Re-budget yourself to only just be within wage budget and player demands become (mostly) more sensible.

What he said, the agents can see how much money you have left so make huge demands despite low ability. So if you're having a lot of success and becoming a very rich club you're screwed.

If you don't believe that you can test it by buying a lower league player for 200 million and watch their wage bill soar without a comparable increase in quality. Got a team in league 1 on my game paying about 1 million a week in wages. They're 3rd and the players are hardly anything special for that league, yet some are payed more than mine!

Really it should be calculated based on other things like ability, squad position, reputation, personality, demand by better clubs etc. I'm not sure agents are privy to a clubs wage budget and funds remaining.

Archived