Central Defenders and their High Average Ratings

I was recently playing as Norwich and bought Matt Mills. This guy hes stats aren't amazing, but are pretty damn good for a Championship team. By seasons end he averaged a MASSIVE 8.13, which is quite insane. he only scored 6 goals in this season.

I have players like John Fleck scoring freely, 2 to 3 goals a game and giving assists as well, but the MoM always goes to him!

Then came the Premier League in which he averages 8.03! Scoring another 7 goals.

This is a trend I have seen continuously, DC's for me always average near 7.80 +, even if their stats are only average.

Is it just me or for everyone?!??!

Are DC's overrated in the game.

I think it must have something to do with aerial dominance as it always seems to be the big defenders who get high ratings, I'm playing as Spurs atm - Daws always gets high 7s and Gallas normally .4-.6 lower on average. So perhaps its something to do with how the ratings are worked out if a CB wins lots in the air.

I suppose that means they might be overrated - but they gotta have some way of getting a good rating if they can't score goals and sometimes a defender dominating in the air is almost as valuable.

Archived