How does Germany work? (regen question)

i've been wondering that, as the years pass by, does the german national team's greyed-out players eventually get replaced by regens?

the reason i ask is, i have just stumbled across a very promising young german winger regen, but i wont buy german players unless i know there's a chance they might play internationals!!

FM09 was the same in that no real players ever play for Germany and in 2020+ they have several regens. I didn't have Germany loaded as a playable league. The greyed-out players are all of a certain quality (probably restricted by CA/PA and reputation) and the regens need to be of a better quality to get in the team, hence why there aren't loads of regens in the squad in, say, 2012.

I've had quite a good few World Class regens from Germany and they never get capped. I had a World Class guy with Tunisia as his second nationality and he waited until he was 32 before appearing in the Cup of Nations. They don't even seem to get capped at youth level.

It would be good for a SI guy to give us the official answer but I think they are restricted by the 'legals'.

Thanks again Kriss.

If people don't discuss 'a fix' this thread can stay open.

FM09 was the same in that no real players ever play for Germany and in 2020+ they have several regens. I didn't have Germany loaded as a playable league. The greyed-out players are all of a certain quality (probably restricted by CA/PA and reputation) and the regens need to be of a better quality to get in the team, hence why there aren't loads of regens in the squad in, say, 2012.

I have only played the game with full matches so far and have yet to get to 2020 in a save (FM10) but it's interesting to know that this happens. Anyone playing FM11 or FM10 with Germany loaded seen this happen sooner?

I have only played the game with full matches so far and have yet to get to 2020 in a save (FM10) but it's interesting to know that this happens. Anyone playing FM11 or FM10 with Germany loaded seen this happen sooner?

Newgens used to be included in the national team in earlier versions but currently even newgens aren't allowed in the German national team. In FM11 the German national team will always consist of grey players unless you search google.

Why would not playing internationals stop you from signing a promising player?

its just the principle (for me anyway), my point would be; Why sign a promising player, knowing he will never player internationals!

i just find it an odd scenario, therefore i wont touch germans!

but this youngster is now in my squad, minus £8 mil and a £28 k per week wage!! i wanted him quickly!!!

all i do is use FMRTE and change their nationality to something else, like you i like my players to play international football, i usually go for Belguim or Austria, something close to Germany.

i'll think i'll give this ago, he can be an Austrian or Polish!

Archived