Regen Goalkeepers (FMHi)

Out of interest; how often do Goalkeepers come through from your youth set-up?

I'm currently in my 4th season of a challenge where I use only players from my youth set-up. I started at Droylsden after holidaying for a season and I started with no players. 4 years later and I'm still using grey goalkeepers as I haven't had a single one from my youth set-up! :(

I seem to get mainly central players (DC, MC and especially SC) and also get very few wide players.

Appreciate I'm not playing the game 'as intended' but I'm interested in knowing others experiences.

• SI Staff

Thats an interesting approach to management, not one I'd considered - tbh the game doesn't track 'who has come before' and so your youth players coming through might flow in helpful positions, or as you've discovered ... not so helpful ones.

Van der Sar regen shouldn't cost too much, also look out for Coupet and Shay Given Regens
Thanks for the advice mate. In the current save I've not signed anyone and am just relying on players from my youth set-up. So signing people's not an option! Was just wondering if the algorithm for regens had a set frequency for each position.

Mark, thanks for your response. I'll keep my fingers crossed for next season! On a side note, I think it's great the amount of support you give this forum! KUTGW!

tbh the game doesn't track 'who has come before' and so your youth players coming through might flow in helpful positions, or as you've discovered ... not so helpful ones.

The game recriates regens in the same order they retire - and it is very common to see several players that retired sequentially in the same club as regens. :)

Archived