Teens of FM12

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technically no longer a teenager, but Shane Ferguson from Newcastle and maybe the riot starter Sammy Ameobi. Merkel from AC Milan got a lot of praise last season so wouldn't be surprised if he was highly rated. Expecting a lot from Ryodinho from Arsenal as well.

And of course obvious ones such as Jack Wilshere, Phil Jones etc etc.

Hector Bellerin - Arsenal

Alex Merkel - AC Milan/Genoa

Samed Yesil - Leverkusen

Gerard Deulofeu - Barcelona

Souleymane Coulibaly - Tottenham

M'Baye Niang - Caen

No brainer, Mario Gotze - Dortmund :D

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Arsenal; another obvious one :D

There are tonnes more but, I'd love to see how te researchers rate Gotze & Oxlade-Chamberlain :thup:

What the **** is it with those so-called english young "world beaters" like wilshere and Chamberlain all the time??? Please tell me WHAT did they show yet? Did they win something for their team already? Hmm.. The last young english player who made a mark in the world was Wayne Rooney! People get real - right now there is NO young english player who is going to make it. Look at the last competitions (youth AND senior)- WHERE is england? they either didnt even qualify or had an early exit. Look how Mancienne is underperforming at Hamburg at the moment and he is the english U21 CAPTAIN!! Thats it. PLEASE keep this thread real and come up with realistic names like Goetze and Varane, but please leave out the wannabes like Wilshere and the other mentioned enlish players. Maybe next year again.

What the **** is it with those so-called english young "world beaters" like wilshere and Chamberlain all the time??? Please tell me WHAT did they show yet? Did they win something for their team already? Hmm.. The last young english player who made a mark in the world was Wayne Rooney! People get real - right now there is NO young english player who is going to make it. Look at the last competitions (youth AND senior)- WHERE is england? they either didnt even qualify or had an early exit. Look how Mancienne is underperforming at Hamburg at the moment and he is the english U21 CAPTAIN!! Thats it. PLEASE keep this thread real and come up with realistic names like Goetze and Varane, but please leave out the wannabes like Wilshere and the other mentioned enlish players. Maybe next year again.

What unrealistic about wilkshire been mentioned hes got as much ability as any of those 2 you have mentioned and no im not a arsenal fan

read my posts carefully please. The answer is within the text. WHAT did he win up to now, what did he show to deserve to get the same PA as Götze? Götze won the German Bundesliga Title for Dortmund almost on his own with his scoring and assisting and he was the man of the match and even scored in the germany game against BRAZIL. What has Wilkshire to offer compared to that, please tell me.

EDIT: And please dont tell me being a regular at Arsenal and playing for the English team is enough to justify this.

read my posts carefully please. The answer is within the text. WHAT did he win up to now, what did he show to deserve to get the same PA as Götze? Götze won the German Bundesliga Title for Dortmund almost on his own with his scoring and assisting and he was the man of the match and even scored in the germany game against BRAZIL. What has Wilkshire to offer, please tell me.

Oh right so because he's not won anything hes a bad player yeah great statement that :applause: have you ever watched him play gotze only just become a 1st team regular with dortmund and only just broke into full german national team, wilkshire as been a regular with arsenal and england for last year and yes arsenal are a better team then dortmund despite there current form

Edit: what justify your gotze claim then ? and yes i think gotze class

Oh right so because he's not won anything hes a bad player yeah great statement that :applause: have you ever watched him play gotze only just become a 1st team regular with dortmund and only just broke into full german national team, wilkshire as been a regular with arsenal and englandf or last year and yes arsenal are a better team then dortmund despite there current form

Edit: what justify your gotze claim then ?

Im living here and watching Bundesliga every day. This is completely wrong what youre writing. Götze was a regular for dortmund the whole last season, playing 33 out of 34 games, 6 goals and 15 assists. What did Wikshire do last season?

Oh - Mario Götze: 7 Caps , 1 goal. Wilshere - 5 Caps, no goal. So WHO is the regular here?

I think you should inform yourself better before writing **** like that.

read my posts carefully please. The answer is within the text. WHAT did he win up to now, what did he show to deserve to get the same PA as Götze? Götze won the German Bundesliga Title for Dortmund almost on his own with his scoring and assisting and he was the man of the match and even scored in the germany game against BRAZIL. What has Wilkshire to offer compared to that, please tell me.

EDIT: And please dont tell me being a regular at Arsenal and playing for the English team is enough to justify this.

ermm winning trophies has absolutely nothing to do with a players potential. Wilshere looked quite comfortable last season playing against Barca's midfield and whilst thats not enough on its own its clear that he's performed quite well at a number of levels and shown a lot of promise.

btw its Wilshere isn't it? not Wilkshire?

Im living here and watching Bundesliga every day. This is completely wrong what youre writing. Götze was a regular for dortmund the whole last season, playing 33 out of 34 games, 6 goals and 15 assists. What did Wikshire do last season?

Oh - Mario Götze: 7 Caps , 1 goal. Wilshere - 5 Caps, no goal. So WHO is the regular here?

I think you should inform yourself better before writing **** like that.

Oh ok then gotze played more then i thought he did big deal wilkshire had a lot of injuries im still mystified how you can rate gotze so highly though and wilkshire so lowly when only thing your basing it on is what each player won

ermm winning trophies has absolutely nothing to do with a players potential. Wilshere looked quite comfortable last season playing against Barca's midfield and whilst thats not enough on its own its clear that he's performed quite well at a number of levels and shown a lot of promise.

btw its Wilshere isn't it? not Wilkshire?

Youre are absolutely right, this is not about winning throphies.

The point is, Wilshere shouldnt get the same PA as Götze for the latter mentioned has shown FAR more promise than him.

If this happens in FM2012, this only shows once more the english players in the game are mostly far overrated, but ok I guess the foreign players have to live with that (or use the editor to make the game realistic).

Youre are absolutely right, this is not about winning throphies.

The point is, Wilshere shouldnt get the same PA as Götze for the latter mentioned has shown FAR more promise than him.

If this happens in FM2012, this only shows once more the english players in the game are mostly far overrated, but ok I guess the foreign players have to live with that (or use the editor to make the game realistic).

Ha please explain this comment, how as gotze shown more promise then wilkshire please explain and yes i watch german football on espn so i've seen him play

Oh ok then gotze played more then i thought he did big deal wilkshire had a lot of injuries im still mystified how you can rate gotze so highly though and wilkshire so lowly when only thing your basing it on is what each player won

Im not rating Wilshere lowly, you gotta understand that! He is still a very good player, I just would not like to see him get the same PA as Götze just because I can see no evidence justifying this. Thats all. :)

come on guys keep it fair.

Götze is a great player and will be world-class if he is not already by now, so is Wilshere, even though I'd pick Götze over him.

Other players:

Julian Draxler

Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Ron-Robert Zieler

Mats Hummels

Emre Can

Konstantin Rausch

all looked really promising.

Ha please explain this comment, how as gotze shown more promise then wilkshire please explain and yes i watch german football on espn so i've seen him play

Ok. If you -aged barely 18- manage to get 15 Assists and 6 goals in your FIRST real season in one of the top 3 leagues in the world, this should be enough to show that there is a gem in the making. Plus you outplay the defence of the brazilian team and you score a great goal in that game - If THIS isnt showing promise, then I think I dont know anything about football...

Ok. If you -aged barely 18- manage to get 15 Assists and 6 goals in your FIRST real season in one of the top 3 leagues in the world, this should be enough to show that there is a gem in the making. Plus you outplay the defence of the brazilian team and you score a great goal in that game - If THIS isnt showing promise, then I think I dont know anything about football...

Yes gotze is good i've said this already but your acting like wilkshire as done nothing and are you forgetting how old he is ?

Yes gotze is good i've said this already but your acting like wilkshire as done nothing and are you forgetting how old he is ?

I still rate Wilshire a very high potential player, of course i didnt mean to say i dont rate him. He still can become a very good player.

@german_wunderkind: you dont need to discuss your borussia dortmund envy in this thread. please keep it somewhere else. this is a game-related thread.

Then please explain why Draxler shouldn't have, let's say a -9.

Nils Petersen should be rather good too.

So should Chris Löwe and Moritz Leitner of Borussia Dortmund.

Marvin Knoll is great for Dynamo Dresden atm.

Sorry for only mentioning German players, but those are the ones I feel able to judge on properly.

Then please explain why Draxler shouldn't have, let's say a -9.

He´s no world beater like Götze or Varane.

He could get a -8 that would be ok for me, but not a -9.

About the other players you mentioned: Youre right, that sounds reasonable to me, though we should not forget the new Nürnberg youngsters like Wollscheid and Klose.

I generally dont like Wilshire, partly because I am a Chelsea fan and also because what Pep Guardiola said was right, Wilshire is average compared to the other youth from other countries. If he is the best youth player in England right now, well the future is not so bright.

It's making me laugh how people are saying Wilshere is average etc. How the hell is that boy average?

He's not won a thing but just watch him in a game, he can tackle, pass, create, maybe not shoot as no-one in the Arsenal team does really but the comments saying he's average and what not are ludicrous, I never thought he was under-rated but if England had 10 other player's in their respective positions with as much talent as he has, we would be able to mix it up with the likes of Brazil and Argentina, note I never said Spain ;)

Before you reply, please try to get rid of either your hate against Arsenal, Wilshere himself for whatever reason or England.

It's making me laugh how people are saying Wilshere is average etc. How the hell is that boy average?

He's not won a thing but just watch him in a game, he can tackle, pass, create, maybe not shoot as no-one in the Arsenal team does really but the comments saying he's average and what not are ludicrous, I never thought he was under-rated but if England had 10 other player's in their respective positions with as much talent as he has, we would be able to mix it up with the likes of Brazil and Argentina, note I never said Spain ;)

Before you reply, please try to get rid of either your hate against Arsenal, Wilshere himself for whatever reason or England.

Who said he is average. He´s not as good as Götze, be he can still become a very good player, thats what I think. But you gotta be honest and face the reality that he´s not the prodigy the English dream of for 40 years now. Keep the faith, maybe the next one is just round the corner tomorrow... ;)

Who said he is average. He´s not as good as Götze, be he can still become a very good player, thats what I think. But you gotta be honest and face the reality that he´s not the prodigy the English dream of for 40 years now. Keep the faith, maybe the next one is just round the corner tomorrow... ;)

You think Gotze is better and that is your opinion as i'm sure you watch a lot more German football than you do Arsenal matches and I think Wilshere is better. He plays in a team that has consistently got top 4 in the best, most physical league in the world and got the fans player of the season last year. He's hardly 'just another player'. He's exceptional, he's a real all-rounder and he's only going to become better.

You think Gotze is better and that is your opinion as i'm sure you watch a lot more German football than you do Arsenal matches and I think Wilshere is better. He plays in a team that has consistently got top 4 in the best, most physical league in the world and got the fans player of the season last year. He's hardly 'just another player'. He's exceptional, he's a real all-rounder and he's only going to become better.

I dont think so.

Im watching every EPL game as i got Sky here, so I can judge.

Believe me, Wilshere is just another bloated so-called "prodigy" in which the English put in all their hopes for their next big tournament in which they will again fail as they did for the last decades and after that Wilshere will go on to stay just a player who plays in the EPL until the rest of his career.

I must say from a neutral point of view i prefer Gotze, Wilshire is a fine wee player and will go onto have a very good career both at club and international level, but Gotze is something special, players like him dont come along that often, Wilshire's are ten a penny as they say.

At the end of the day tho, neither has really proven himself completely, 1 good season for both players do not make them into superstars.

I dont think so.

Im watching every EPL game as i got Sky here, so I can judge.

Believe me, Wilshere is just another bloated so-called "prodigy" in which the English put in all their hopes for their next big tournament in which they will again fail as they did for the last decades and after that Wilshere will go on to stay just a player who plays in the EPL until the rest of his career.

Whats the problem with players staying in the premier league all their careers? - where should they move? - Only La Liga is equal/stronger..

Both Goetze and Wilshere are superb talents and the fact that you rate Wilshere as "just another bloated so-called "prodigy"" just shows your lack of football knowledge.. I'm not a Arsenal fan..hell not even a EPL fan, but Wilshere SHINES everytime he plays.. Last year, in Champions League you could see him be one of the best Arsenal players in the competition.

And tbh. I'd MUCH rather see Wilshere at Real Madrid than Goetze.. Goezte will be good, but not yet.. he has yet to prove himself on a bigger stage (sorry, but the Bundesliga is miles behind the best leagues in the world) (proven by the fact that Dortmund won..)

At the end of the day tho, neither has really proven himself completely, 1 good season for both players do not make them into superstars.

Fully agree with that last sentence.. lets see how they do in 2-3 years.

sorry, but the Bundesliga is miles behind the best leagues in the world (proven by the fact that Dortmund won..)

Oh come on. Sorry I can´t take your post serious anymore after that.

This just shows that you don´t know much about contemporary football and I dont wanna waste my time discussing football with someone who is just not informed. (Just one example - the last time an English Club met a German Club in the european cup- Bayern against ManUtd - who won? ;) ) (Oh yes I know you will be answering this by saying Man Utd was robbed and Bayern cheated all the way, but ok I didnt expect any other reaction of you then.)

Oh come on. Sorry I can´t take your post serious anymore after that.

This just shows that you don´t know much about contemporary football and I dont wanna waste my time discussing football with someone who is just not informed. (Just one example - the last time an English Club met a German Club in the european cup- Bayern against ManUtd - who won? ;) ) (Oh yes I know you will be answering this by saying Man Utd was robbed and Bayern cheated all the way, but ok I didnt expect any other reaction of you then.)

You clearly didnt get my point.. Of course the german teams have quality.. but the LEAGUE itself is NOT very good.. only the top teams are good and even they normally struggle alot in Europe against english, italian and spanish teams. Bayern are the exception as they have been very good in europe for many years and are always dangerous.

Oh, and how did you know I would defend Man Utd? - and then you say "I didnt expect any other reaction of you then." - but I havent reponded to it yes (before this post) - so reaction is it that you "didnt expect any other" of?

I'm not english you know.. stop seeing ghosts all over the place ;)

Archived