More coach request being granted but then nothing happens?

My current lower league club have been getting promoted fairly well so I've deemed it about time to increase my staff to help us progress. Whenever I try and sign a new coach though, the board block it saying we don't need anymore. Indeed on the boardroom screen it says we have the maximum currently allowed. I ask them for more coach allowance and they agree... yet the 'allowed' number doesn't increase and when I try and sign a new coach they again block it. It's happened a few times now and I've waited a few days/weeks to see if it is just the board taking their sweet time. So, what gives? Anyone had anything similar?

I've been with this club for 10 years now so I can't honestly remember when and how many times I've asked them for more coaches. I started the Blue Square South a year after they were promoted and I guess they would have had very few coach slots then. Now I have 6 and I'm in League 2 so I GUESS they have been increased at some point. I've been in League 2 now for a few season though, and I'm pretty sure I asked them before the start of this current season. So maybe I'll have to just wait until my reputation increases and it gets changed of it's own accord! Glad that other people have mentioned it anyway, and hopefully it will be fixed in FM12!

Archived