Paying off a transfer

I just wondered if anyone had considered the idea of being able to pay off transfers where you have added in certain clauses. I know you can sell/buy out of % on fees. I wondered if you can (i dont think its possible) Buy out monthly installment clauses, for example i negotiated a transfer of £3m for a striker over 48months, but less than 6 months later he left for £5.5 million, and i would quite like the option to use that money to pay off what i owe the other club so it isnt draining my finances each month.

If it isnt alreayd possible, could it be considered for future games?

Well one of the problems is i cant seem to highlight the rows, i dunno if thats a bug? But i did manage to sell off a % pay on fee. i dunno if i could even highlight them would i be able to pay them off.

Why would you want to pay this early, theres no interest on these payments so it makes more sense that your club has the money for longer, every company tries to keep hold of money for as long as they can.

If you were being on the other side of the transfer you could perhaps request the other club paid the money up front but they would only agree if it was less money than the what the total sum would have been over the full time.

Yeah but that doesnt make any sense, i negotiated the transfer to begin with. This isnt real life its FM, and i want to pay it early because if i pay it off now i can be making money each month, instead of losing it because im still paying for a player i dont even have. Its gonna turn out a small short turn game and larger long term loss. Whereas if i pay it off now, i've still walked off with a 2.5m profit, and then month on month ill be turning over more of a profit. It makes no sense to hold on money only to lose it each month. It just puts me in a better financial position to pay it off now.

Yeah but that doesnt make any sense, i negotiated the transfer to begin with. This isnt real life its FM, and i want to pay it early because if i pay it off now i can be making money each month, instead of losing it because im still paying for a player i dont even have. Its gonna turn out a small short turn game and larger long term loss. Whereas if i pay it off now, i've still walked off with a 2.5m profit, and then month on month ill be turning over more of a profit. It makes no sense to hold on money only to lose it each month. It just puts me in a better financial position to pay it off now.

You cant, you arranged the deal like it is, now you must live with it.

Actually you are wrong. You are in a better financial position by paying off in installments and having the money in the bank. Yes you are losing money monthly instead of perhaps breaking even or making a slight profit, but essentially the money in your bank is earning interest whilst you are not paying interest on the payments you owe the other club.

Having £5.5m in the bank and losing money each month because of one monthly transfer payment is better than having a smaller amount in the bank (so you earning less interest) and having one less outgoing payment.

Frankly it makes no difference whether you continue to pay monthly or try to pay it off early in one lump sum. Whether you pay 62k for the next 42 months or pay 2.6 million in one go, the total amount going out of your funds will be 2.6 million. You will be making a profit of 2.5 million regardless of how you pay. The only way that it could be "beneficial" in paying off the whole amount early is the monthly profit/loss column. But everyone knows that this is of very little matter in football finances...people hardly see this as majority of the funds generated will either be at the start of the season (season tickets or player sales) or at the end of the season (prize money) The only thing that matters is whether you are making a profit at the end of the season. In fact you can argue that paying it on a monthly basis is more beneficial because you will be paying less than a million every year.

this isn't really the job of a manager tbh. the chairmen would be the ones who would arrange these deals.

Well it is not the manager's job to even purchase the player in the first place is it??? The chairman does all the financial deals regardless of what club you are

Well to stevie G i already knew that so...

And to tingting, to be honest i realised when i made my last point what you just said. i guess all it comes down to is i find it irratating still paying for a player, when:

1. He is no longer at my club

and 2. I now actually have to finances to pay off what i owe.

And in regards to what you said quacky, i actually study business, how worrying is that!

I understand where you're coming from...If you are like me and have slight OCD and like to be in control, I can see it being annoying that you are paying monthly for a player who's now moved on. It would be neat for such a feature, for example if a club gets taken over by a tycoon/super rich owner, in real life the first thing they tend to do is resolve all outstanding debts/loans. So if a club is in a position to pay off its debts, it should be able to.

However, in a gaming point of view, its not disadvantaging you in any way. Financially you are better off (marginally) as you'll be earning interest on that money thats in your bank and not in the other clubs bank. Purchasing wise as well the money is available for you to spend straight away (although obviously the money you owe will gradually drain out of your transfer budget as it comes out every month).

It's not something i've seen that you can negotiate, but i've had it a couple of times where i've received a message from my board saying that they've negotiated an early buy-out fee on a monthyl-installment deal. Not sure what causes the negotiation tho'

It's not something i've seen that you can negotiate, but i've had it a couple of times where i've received a message from my board saying that they've negotiated an early buy-out fee on a monthyl-installment deal. Not sure what causes the negotiation tho'

For sell on fees and appearance fees yes, but not for monthly installments.

Archived