FM 2008: Everton - Where Andy Johnson scores for fun

Becksmania

everton%20logo%20crest%20002.jpg

History

Everton Football Club is an English football club located in the city of Liverpool. The club competes in the Premier League and have contested more seasons in the top flight of English football than any other. They are one of the top five most successful English clubs in terms of major honours, having won the League Championship nine times, the FA Cup five times and the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup once. The club's most recent major trophy was the 1995 FA Cup. Currently managed by David Moyes, the first team have made significant progress, with two European qualifications (compared to only one in the previous eleven years) and three top 10 finishes during his six-year tenure.

Everton have a notable rivalry with Liverpool F.C., who were formed after a dispute over the rent at Anfield, Everton's old ground, in 1892; since then Everton have been based at Goodison Park as a result of the split. The club enjoy a large fanbase and regularly attract sizeable crowds, having averaged over 36,000 people (around 90% of capacity) for home matches during the 2005–06 season.

Squad

12 Iain Turner

24 Tim Howard

30 John Ruddy

33 Stefan Wessels

2 Tony Hibbert

3 Leighton Baines

4 Joseph Yobo

5 Joleon Lescott

15 Alan Stubbs

18 Phil Neville

19 Jorge Nuno Valente

29 Patrick Boyle

6 Mikel Arteta

7 Andy Van der Meyde

10 Thomas Gravesen

16 Phil Jagielka

17 Tim Cahill

20 Steven Pienaar

21 Leon Osman

25 de Frenca Anderson

26 Lee Carsley

31 Bjarni Vidarsson

8 Andrew Johnson

11 James McFadden

14 James Vaughan

22 Ayegbeni Yakubu

27 Lucas Jutkiewicz

28 Victor Anichebe

Key Players

Andy Johnson - Explosive striker who score goals for fun. Mean Goal Machine and is bit overrated in game though.

Mikel Arteta - Like what's happening in real life, he's a techniquely gifted attacking midfielder.

Recommended 1st team

GK Howard

RB Neville

LB Baines

CB Lescott

CB Yobo

MCa Osman

MCd Jagielka

AMR Arteta

AML McFadden

AMC Pienaar

ST Johnson

this system works very well for me with andy johnson as the target man with run onto ball instructions

Recommended Buys For Demo

Kewell - 2.7-9 million pounds (fabulous for a team fighting to break into the dominance of the top 4 teams)

Evans, Flamini - on loan (great back-ups)

Realistic Target

Breaking into the top 4 shouldnt be of a problem, title win possible with no major injuries problems.

Great game posts

If you have just had a sensational win or a great match write little match report on it as it shows more than a screenshot does.

Who should I sign posts

If you want help and advice on a new signing post as much information as possible – this should include at least your transfer budget remaining, wage budget remaining, bank balance, players already in said position, transfer targets and what type of player you want (e.g. a quick, strong striker that is under 24).

Help strengthening team posts

If you want help and advice regarding strengthening your team post your starting line up and formations, substitutes, your feelings on the team, positions you want strengthening, transfer budget, transfer targets and the type of players you want. If you include as much information as possible it is easier for us to help you.

Updates

If you are going to post updates, please keep it to three a season – end of pre-season, end of January transfer window and end of season. This will make the thread easier to use and less clogged up. Also if you try and only use screenshots in these updates otherwise the thread will be littered with screenshots. If you do want to talk about a signing either put it in one of the three updates.

These updates should be along the lines of:

Pre-season update (year)

Transfers In

Transfers Out

Formation

Squad

Expectations for the season

Pre-season odds

Remaining transfer budget

Remaining wage budget

January transfer window update (year)

Transfers In

Transfers Out

Squad

League table

Cup competitions

Revised expectations

Player and Manager Awards

End of season update

End of season league table

Cup competitions

Manger’s thoughts on the season

Transfer targets

thanks to the great man utd legend crazy gra for putting up these parts

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started a game with Everton the other week when I was trying to make a tactic. Ive played about 6 league games so far, with Johnson scoring in every one! I think im 3rd in the table too and the fans are happy icon14.gif

Started off with a 1-1 draw at home to Liverpool, and i recently lost 2-0 away to Chelsea. But the rest of the games have been won comfortably, including a 2-0 away win at Liverpool in the cup icon_biggrin.gif

I felt Stubbs cant really cut it at top level and he was only gunna play if forced upon, so i needed some cover there. Also played Phil Neville as a DM so there was no cover at DR either. I decided to bring in Samba in the end as he's quite versatile (and i couldnt get anyone else!). I bid £2m for him and the board accepted it on their behalf.

I also wanted a good creative attacking MC as this is key to my formation. Arteta fills this role but no one else can really do the job if he's injured or tired. So i ended up loaning Gourcuff for the season, which also pleased the fans. Decided to bring in Barazite for the future too as he's dead cheap.

All i need now is Baines to get his fitness up and i'll be happy icon14.gif

Originally posted by Cereal_Dave:

I started a game with Everton the other week when I was trying to make a tactic. Ive played about 6 league games so far, with Johnson scoring in every one! I think im 3rd in the table too and the fans are happy icon14.gif

Started off with a 1-1 draw at home to Liverpool, and i recently lost 2-0 away to Chelsea. But the rest of the games have been won comfortably, including a 2-0 away win at Liverpool in the cup icon_biggrin.gif

I felt Stubbs cant really cut it at top level and he was only gunna play if forced upon, so i needed some cover there. Also played Phil Neville as a DM so there was no cover at DR either. I decided to bring in Samba in the end as he's quite versatile (and i couldnt get anyone else!). I bid £2m for him and the board accepted it on their behalf.

I also wanted a good creative attacking MC as this is key to my formation. Arteta fills this role but no one else can really do the job if he's injured or tired. So i ended up loaning Gourcuff for the season, which also pleased the fans. Decided to bring in Barazite for the future too as he's dead cheap.

All i need now is Baines to get his fitness up and i'll be happy icon14.gif

great job there.. may i know what tactic are you using?

i started off well drawing liverpool and getting a couple of wins including a 7-1 victory at boro but things went downhill and i am currently at 6th..

struggling to find a solid fm08 tbh..

and like wad you and DanielM_90 have said, Andy Johnson is really unstoppable on the game!

Originally posted by Becksmania:

great job there.. may i know what tactic are you using?

Im using a 4-1-3-2, sarrows on the outer MC's who are basically box to box runners and close everything down. The central MC has full creative freedom and seems to get a lot of time on the ball, so a lot comes from him. And the strikers are a typical big man little man combo.

At the moment my team is:

GK: Howard

DR: Hibbert

DC: Yobo

DC: Samba

DL: Lescott

DM: Neville

MCr: Pienaar

MC: Arteta

MCr: Gravesen

ST: Johnson

ST: Yakubu

He's still pretty decent in the air tho, and he's strong so he can hold up the ball.

Im finding him to be really inconsistent tho, but when I play Anichebe he just wont score for me...except when he got 2 against Liverpool icon_biggrin.gif

Also, ive just noticed Osman has both Liverpool and Everton listed as his favoured clubs icon_confused.gif that cant be right can it!

At last a decent Everton team AJ is is true reflection on real life and Lescott is much improved. I cannot wait until the game is released so Evertonians can start acheiving what we were meant to do.

EUROPE:SORRY WERE LATE,WE HAD TROUBLE WITH THE NEIGHBOURS!

icon14.gifCOME ON YOU BLUES icon14.gif

atm 3rd in league after 12 games,

AJ scored 18 in 13 so far, Yak and McFadden both fighting for a place in team, McFadden better goals to match ratio atm tho.

I brought in Iago and sent him on loan for his first year.

Also Balazs Dzsudzsak has came in and is loved by the fans.

Cahill just came back and is looking good, Breno is comming in in January, and will probably fight lescott of for a place as seen as he seems to underperform alot.

Really could use a new RB.

On 8 game unbeaten run atm.

And if you wanted a good game...

Everton Vs Chelsea.

Lampard scores 2mins, Drogba scores 9, 33.

3-0 at home, Gravesen then gets sent off... Can it get any worse? I take of Yak for Carsley, and go to 4-1-3-1.

41 mins Aj scores, 3-1

42 mins Carsley scores, 3-2

aj has picked up a knock at half time, so bring on McFadden.

62 Arteta With a great freekick, 3-3!

Then.... Drogba nets his hatrik in the 80th min, 3-4 icon_frown.gif

But! I change to a more attacking formation, set to all out attack, and am pinning them back.

85th min, Mcfadden scores what looked a *classic scottish McFadden* strike.

4-4...

I dont change my tactics, i keep it all out attack.

94th min.... i get a corner.

Its lofted in, Mcfadden meets it!!!! 5-4!!!!!

BUT Disaalowed icon_frown.gif for an apparent foul....

Damn u ref!!!!!

The Fa were silent over my critism too... Was a great game tho :p

i've just finished pre-season:

Biggest win: 6-0 vs Dinamo (Johnson scored 4)

Worst match: 3-2 vs Standard (had a horrible time trying to sort out my passing, two soft goals from opposition including an error from Nuno)

I'm using a 442 diamond, Neville as DMC, Arteta as right winger, Johnson as fast striker and paired with Yakubu/Mcfadden. Had to use Lescott as DC until Baines comes back from injury

Ins:

Sergey Ignashevich ~ free

Mathieu Flamini ~ loan

Mika Aaritalo ~ 210k (left winger)

Luka Modric ~ 3.2m (AMC behind strikers)

Out:

None

I'm still trying to get my head around the team instructions, sometimes we can dominate, other times we don't have enough possession. Defence seems stable though, just need to get my head around reading games again icon_frown.gif

Just started by sending scouts all over the place they came back with a good uns. Brought in;

Ben Cattermoleicon_biggrin.gifR:Shrewsbury 55k

Henri Saivet:AMRC/S:Bordeaux:400k

Loic Abenzoar:MC:Lyon:250k

Marko Marin:AMC:Gladbach:250k

Ignashevichicon_biggrin.gifRC:Moscow:free

Distel Zolaicon_biggrin.gifM:Monaco:275k

Lucas Trecarichi:AMLC:Sevilla:500k

Leo Schwechenicon_biggrin.gifLC:Monaco:475k

Jose San Romanicon_biggrin.gif/WBR:River:40k

Miralem Pjanic:FC:Metz:300k

Scout reports all came back with great potential, and as you can see all very cheap.

Will keep you informed as how they get on.

"SCOUSE BLUES GO TO THE MATCH

SCOUSE REDS GO TO THE PUB"

icon14.gifCOME ON YOU BLUES icon14.gif

Yeah i struggled a bit at DR too. I bought in Samba who could cover there if he had to, but i bought him in for DC primarily. Hibbert's pretty solid, just dont expect miracles when going forward. Same with Jagielka really, but at least he has a bit more pace.

Going to see if i can sell anyone in January and get a bit of money to find a better DR.

january hell....

Besides selling hibert for 2.mil which i was dancing about...

Arsenal, man u, chelsea and others have been after... AJ, Arteta, Mika Aaritalo....

And now there all unsettled. Im going strong in all competitiongs and am 3rd in the league... and half my players now unsettled... icon_frown.gif

started an everton game on the demo

no matter how hard i try i cant sell van der meyde icon_frown.gif

i sold anderson silva for 1.6M to stoke and brough t in

ignashevich (free)

modric (3.8M)

boateng (700K)

aarilto (70K)

banega (2.4M)

capel (loan)

hoyte (loan)

starting team is

GK howard

DR hibbert

DL baines (right now valente)

DC yobo

DC lescott

DM neville

MC arteta

MC boateng

AMC modric

FC yakubu

FC johnson

with ignashevich, jagielka, banega, cahill and aarilto the best of my subs

so far only one game in and that was the derby with liverpool at goodison

3-0!!!!

modric on debut (26') and a brace to AJ (46' 67'), yak with a pair of helpers...

looks pretty rosy so far...deep squad with some potential in reserves (kissock, boyle, jutkiewicz, hall, vaughan)

all i am looking for now is a hot prospect at DC to become cover when stubbs goes, then work up into first team

Hi Guys,

Just thought I give a little update on what I've done on the demo (not received the full version yet, posties only went back in Liverpool on Friday, so probably about a week yet before I recive my full game) Anyway I started on the demo and the transfer window has just closed, so here's what I've done.

Transfers In

Alex (AMC) £2.7m from Fenebahce

Nicolae Dica - £1.7m from Steaua

Jermain Defoe - £8m

Sol Campbell - p/ex

Claude Makelele - Loan from Chelsea

Bobo Balde - Loan from Celtic

Transfer Out

Aderson Silva - £1.4m to Stoke

Phil Jagielka - £4m to Reading

James McFadden - £3m + 20% + Sol Campbell to Portsmouth

Ian Turner - £2.5m + 30% to Sheff Utd

Andy Van der Mayde - Loan to Sunderland

First Team

GK - Howard

DL - Valente

DR - Hibbert

DC - Yobo

DC - Campbell

ML - Dica

MR - Arteta

MC - Makelele

MC - Alex

FC - Defoe

FC- Johnson

Subs

Wessels

Lescott/Balde

Gravesen/Neville/Carsley

Osman/Pienaar

Yakubu/Anichebe

Obviously when they get fit I have

Baines

Cahill

Vaughan

Played 4 games and currently 3rd

Everton 1 - 0 Liverpool

Middlesbrough 1 - 1 Everton

Everton 2 - 0 Blackburn

Derby 1 - 2 Everton

Anyway i'll keep you posted but hopefully next time I might have received my full version and will be able to start a propoer game.

Just finished my first season...

At the start i brought in Mika Aaritalo, Balzas Dzsudzsak, Ever Bangera.

And throughtout the season at home i played a very attacking 4 1 3 2 formation. and away i played a 4 1 2 2 1 counter attack formation.

Aaritalo and Dzsudzsak played almost every single game for me, and are loved by the fans. Bangera played most away games for me at DM. and my fans thought he was a very good signing. In january i brought in Breno, he slotted into my 1st team quickly and has been hard to replace.

League Cup: Semi Finals, lost 3-2 agregate Vs Chelsea.

Fa Cup: Played a few youngsters and got dumped out 20 to sunderland in the 4th round icon_frown.gif board wernt happy.

Uefa Cup: Quarter finals, 1st leg FC Bayern 1 - 1 Everton, 2nd leg i lost 3-1 at home icon_frown.gif

but i never expected to win that game.

League: After spending the first half the season going between 7th and 4th, i put together a few good runs...

And after beating totenham 3-2 away on the second to last game of the season, and Man Utd lost 2-1 to man city... I found myself in first place going into the last game of the season.

I was playing man city, and man utd were playing liverpool. I was only top on goal difference atm, after going 10 down in the opening 10 mins, i pulled it back to 2-1 before half time, and was getting excited, but then man city equilised in the 94th min... icon_frown.gif

Liverpool could have done me a favour, but they lost 2-0 to man utd, so i finished 2nd.

Ive got to be happy with that, 2nd in first season, although at the end of it i won nothing. But on the good side Liverpool finished 8th and didnt win anything either :p

Overall, good first season :p

Ok, here goes.

Transfers in:

Andrey Arshavin - 5 Mil

Rodrigo Palacio - 7.5 Mil

Sergey Ignashovic - free

Steve Sidwell (loan)

Transfers out:

Ian Turner - 1Mil

Yakubu - 8 Mil

Ten games in and all good so far. Sitting in 4th in the league, but only sitting two points off top. Palacio's come in and works a treat with AJ up front. been a bit disappointed with Arshavin so far, but i'll give him time. Gutted Faddy's not that good, still might keep him cos he's a total legend. Got spurs away next which could be tricky, but have taken 4 points from old trafford/stamford bridge.

Has anyone else found that nobody seems to like Yobo. i was pretty surprised

had 26mil to spend after finishing 2nd, brought in Sergio Aguero for 10m up front 18mil over 12 months and board allowed it. Scored 2 in his first game against arsenal icon_smile.gif

Tho ive done what i usually do and have too many attacking players, and as i often only play 1 up front away, i can easily push aguero back into AMC where hes still doing well.

Only problem is i got Arteta, cahill, Dzsudzsak, Aaritalo to rotate, as well as Alex and Piatti comming through as youngsters getting better and better.

Think im willling to let Cahill or Arteta go if i get a good enough offer, which makes me sad lol icon_frown.gif

i know. Think i'll let Cahill go at the end of the season. Should be able to get decent money and he's been in and out the team with injuries all season. Arteta can definitely stay though, he's been a beast.

Think i may need to part with Faddy, seems to be misbehaving and doesnt think i appreciate him. Mate you should've seen me appreciate you in Paris last month.

Brought in Henrik Larsson, just really to give him a nice payoff before his retirement and he's actually done pretty well. 6 goals in five starts.

how does James Vaughan get on. Chelsea are after him in my game, but he's back from injury and looking pretty tasty. Think i'll just hang onto him unless they offer me silly money

vaughn played for me a bit last season and got 8 in 6 games. not bad, shame i really dont have space for him atm icon_frown.gif would like to bring him through, ive sent him on loan to newcastle where hes doing well.

i sold Mika Aaritalo for 17million, after 1 season... thats a great investment when he was bought for 400k icon_biggrin.gif and then brought in Valon Behrami which has solidified my back 4 up. which is now...

Behrami - breno - yobo - baines

Cahill

Arteta - Dzsudzsak - Alex

Aguero - AJ (or yakubu whoever is in form)

Not a bad squad, been some big money dealings which ive been happy about.

Aguero usually slots back into attacking mid for away games as i play 1 up front. Im so glad my bored allowed me to go a little over my budget to get him :p

I'm currently 4th in April and in the Semis of UEFA, but Johnson is doing my head in, started the season brilliantly then had a 16hour gap between strikes icon_mad.gif scored a couple and is going for hours again without goals. he has 15 from 39 av 6.82. not sure whether to get shot of him in the summer or not icon_confused.gif

ive recently started an everton game and so far its going great.

think im 4th in the table after about 12 games about 5 points off top. some notable wins inculding 6-2 home to boro and 3-0 AWAY at Chelsea.

Andy Johnson has been on song playing as a lone striker scoring 10 in 9 league starts but now hes injured for 2 months.

pre season signings were:

Banega - 4mil

Aaritalo - 500k

Ignashevich - Free

only player to leave was silva to stoke for 1.6. need to get rid of van de meyde but no one wants him.

Starting line up:

Howard

Ignahevich Yobo Lescott Baines

Neville

Arteta Gravesen Banega Aaritalo

AJ

Think i will switch Cahill to Gravasen when he returns from injury.

Any tips on how i play at home and how i play away. I have restarted a couple times now and usually lose more then half of my games icon_smile.gif I actually do best if i dont touch tactic at all. Just play 4-4-2 with normal settings ?!!

at home i play 4 at the back, then 1 in Center mid, with 3 ahead of him as AMR AMC AML and then two strikers. Usually lots of high scoring games :p

If u need more attacking midfielders look into getting Mika Aaritalo and Balzas Dzsudzsak really amazing signing for very cheap. Also Alex and Piatti are good to bring in first season and send on loan, that way if u get a tempting bid for Aaritalo u can sell him because u got good back up.

Away from home i play 4 at the back, all with barrows and playing quite deep, then 1 DM (Banega) then to winger MR and ML and 2 AMC and a lone striker.

I usually give one of my AMC a free role and play alot of counter attacks.

It worked well for me. . .

I can post my tactic if u want, but if u play arround im sure u can make better, im a complete novice.

The only thing you can do with Van Der Meyde is ship him out on loan for the season. If you transfer & loan list him with a £0 fee, Sunderland will offer to take him on loan contributing 40% of his wage. That's all I've managed to do with him. Which at least free's up some wages.

Also if you set Ian Turners transfer fee to £3mil, you will get enquiries for him, Then ask for £2.5mil over 12months with 20% sell on. Not bad money for a 3rd choice who will never make the first team realisticly.

Hope that helps anyone.

Afternoon all...Right I am up and running and doing well...OK after 4 matches, but none the less thats 4 wins from 4...OK away to Sunderland and Spurs, and at home to Derby and Wigan...NOT as hard as it could be but hey...

Transfers in/Out

All instigated, although the Yakubu & the Faddy deals were taken out of my hands when it came to accepting...Yeah like I wouldn't have taken the money!

I play a 4-1-3-2 formation, fairly attacking, going well though...

Tactics

Heres the squad list...

Squad

Finally the table:

Table

Its all good for now, no doubt things will alter when the AI kicks in...I need a few more in terms of players aswell, its all very young...

Poor start to season 2. AJ seems to have lost it and therefore lost his place in the team and i can't seem to stop getting red cards. 3 so far and it's not even the end of september. Grrr.

Any way, finished 3rd last season and have since qualified for CL.

Players out:

Jagielka - 2.5

Cahill - 10

Players in:

Alex (vasco) - 1.8

Zarate - 5

Kameni - 5

Ashley Young - 8

Seydou Keita - 10

Ezequiel Garay - 13.5

Leaking goals like a sive

Originally posted by Rez:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Leaking goals like a sive

4-4-2?

Whats the defence coaching like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, 442, sometimes with a diamond if at home. Got Marcel Desailly in as Assistant manager and he takes defensive coaching (19). Wierd, eh

diamond if at home

Is it worse at home or away?

Must admit I am conceding, 16 in 12 matches...but 8 of them were away to United and Chelsea, so its not all bad.

All I can suggest is that you set your CBs to 3 notches on the old mentality, your FB's to 4 and the DM to 5...Set their creative freedom fairly low aswell...I am basing that on FM2007s (cleons I think), Sheff United project...

my season 2 isnt going as well either. typical everton :p

I sent Alex, Piatti and lulinha out on loan to gain some experience. After 19 games im 8th in the table, all be it only 6 points of top. I managed to qualify from the group stages of the champions league after finishing 2nd in first seaon. I finish 1st in my group with Barcelona, AEK, Steaua. Winning and losing 1 (barcelona away). I have at madrid in next round which could be me going out :p Im into the semi finals of the LEague cup again, this time against tottenham.

The only bad part at the moment is my league performances have been quite poor. losing a few games against people like crystal palace, wigan, reading...

Archived