Android phones

Short answer: no.

According to an interview which i suddenly can't find, Miles Jacobson said that the Android market is too fragmented at this time, with too many versions of the OS out there right now, too many different screen sizes/resolutions, making it not financially viable.

EDIT: Found it! Seems to be copied on several websites, including http://www.t3.com/feature/football-manager-2012-miles-jacobson-talks-fm

Is an Android version of Fooball Manager Handheld still something you'd like to do?

Well there’s a problem with the Android platform at the moment. I’d love to be on Android but the market has historically been so fragmented. I actually saw some interesting stats last week that at long lost the latest versions of the OS are now showing at least 50% of penetration which is something that wasn’t the case three or four months ago.

So we’ll continue looking at it, but there is so many different types of phones you have to support and then you can only support certain versions of OS. Apple have made it so easy at the moment. But with both Windows Phone 7 and Android it’s so difficult. So we’ll continue to monitor it. There’s no firm plans at the moment but if get to a time when the market fragmentation starts sorting itself out and maybe we’ve got a more fixed screen size even a more fixed resolution at least. It is certainly something that we want to look at put it that way.

Archived