Premier League License?

PL rights are extremely important to EA, mainly for the FIFA series, so I cant see them giving up the rights totally. The only way I can see it changing is if EA give up the exclusivity of the rights deal.

Thats the only way, If they keep the exclusive rights there is nothing else anyone can do about it.

It actually is EA's business practice. They did the same with the NFL.

But you can't really blame EA for this. They can get casual players by offering the only "real" teams, and the leagues are all too happy to sell their image out for a boatload of cash. A win for everyone except fans who play a different game.

But you can't really blame EA for this. They can get casual players by offering the only "real" teams, and the leagues are all too happy to sell their image out for a boatload of cash. A win for everyone except fans who play a different game.

Of course you can blame EA for it. It's they who are approaching sports leagues and saying "we'll pay you more than you'd otherwise get if you'll grant us the exclusive license".

Yes, it obviously works out for them financially. Yes, that means it's probably good business sense. No, that doesn't mean I can't blame them for it, unless the word blame has lost its meaning.

Archived